PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice plz...

Graham F
18-12-2004, 21:52
As some of you know last summer i went and worked in France for a couple of months :D , which as you can tell by my smilie i loved. I had a fantastic time and it also allowed me to reevaluate (typo?!?) my life. Anyway since i got back it has always been in my mind to go back and do it again this summer, this is were it gets complicated!!

At the moment my life is pretty good, social i am going out and having a laugh and have even started seeing someone :angel: , now i am not sure if i should go back in March. The reason why I have started to think about this is because i have just got a letter through from the company i worked for saying that i will be working on this site (http://www.keycamp.co.uk/cfm/Campsites/ParcOverview.cfm?ver=2&MasterCode=364) .

I just don't know what to do, if i go will i lose everything that is good at the moment?!? and on the other hand if i don't go will i always wonder what might of been!!

Any thoughts or comments welcomed :)

Stuartbe
18-12-2004, 21:55
Its a hard choice to make but you will only get one chance to see the world.... IMHO.... Grap it with both hands m8...

Anything is better that staying in this pile of **** country !!!!

Go and see the world as I did and you wont regret it !

kronas
18-12-2004, 22:00
i think you should sit down and have a look at what you currently have, you say have someone that you are 'going out' with someone, you have to take him/her ;) in to consideration also your parents, i agree with stuartbe, if you have oppertunity to work abroad it will look good on your CV and seen as though the company has invited you back you may find this to be positive not just for yourself but for them aswell.

hope this helps!

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 22:02
You only get one chance at this life, if there's one thing that I've learnt (the hard way) over the last few years it's that you should grab all of the opportunities that come your way with both hands.

Go for it!

Graham F
18-12-2004, 22:05
i think you should sit down and have a look at what you currently have, you say have someone that you are 'going out' with someone, you have to take him/her ;) in to consideration also your parents, i agree with stuartbe, if you have oppertunity to work abroad it will look good on your CV and seen as though the company has invited you back you may find this to be positive not just for yourself but for them aswell.

hope this helps!

Play nicely kronie :knock: :ninja: :nono:

The other thing i forgot to mention is that i am currently only temping, so i would not be leaving a job to go :)

kronas
18-12-2004, 22:14
Play nicely kronie :knock: :ninja: :nono:

i have been taught not to presume about anybody ;)

The other thing i forgot to mention is that i am currently only temping, so i would not be leaving a job to go :)

what are you waiting for then ? get on the next flight.... :)

greencreeper
18-12-2004, 22:23
I think either way you're going to wonder what might have been :shrug: Like others have said, life is short - take advantage of every opportunity it gives you, and have no regrets.

Maggy
18-12-2004, 22:42
As some of you know last summer i went and worked in France for a couple of months :D , which as you can tell by my smilie i loved. I had a fantastic time and it also allowed me to reevaluate (typo?!?) my life. Anyway since i got back it has always been in my mind to go back and do it again this summer, this is were it gets complicated!!

At the moment my life is pretty good, social i am going out and having a laugh and have even started seeing someone :angel: , now i am not sure if i should go back in March. The reason why I have started to think about this is because i have just got a letter through from the company i worked for saying that i will be working on this site (http://www.keycamp.co.uk/cfm/Campsites/ParcOverview.cfm?ver=2&MasterCode=364) .

I just don't know what to do, if i go will i lose everything that is good at the moment?!? and on the other hand if i don't go will i always wonder what might of been!!

Any thoughts or comments welcomed :)

You have no duties or responsibilities so go for it.Life is not set in stone unless you wish it to be.As for that special someone either they will wait or they won't.If they don't then you have lost nothing because who could possibly deny you this chance if they have any regard for you.It will in the long run be to their advantage if you become a more experienced,well rounded person with some get up and go.Someone who goes for chances to become a better trained individual for the future. :tu:

Incog.

SMHarman
18-12-2004, 23:03
Also you are going to France, not China, for you and whoever you are seeing, this may be a good thing, you will be apart enough to be able to get together, her to come visit if she wants, it will be for a finite few months and could well help you both realise if you are what each other wants.

:envy:

A nice position to be in, if you are only temping over here, it sounds like a nice way to spend the summer. Are you an adult or kid rep?

Graham F
18-12-2004, 23:35
lol...i couldn't be a kid rep i would be like :rant: all the time :angel:

SMHarman
18-12-2004, 23:37
I guess your profile (tagline) shows us your decision!

Graham F
21-12-2004, 17:29
Thanks for all your replies, i think i will have a think over xmas and then decide in the new year :)

Graham F
07-02-2005, 16:50
Update I am going on the 1st March for 7 months flying from Luton :D:D

WOO HOO!!!!!

can't wait!!!

Gareth
07-02-2005, 17:11
I'm sure you'll have a whale of a time.

I worked in France as my placement year whilst a student, and I've never looked back since. I ended up getting married to a girl I met over there, and we now have a kid too, so you never know what might turn up. ;)

In any case, as others said, it'd be silly to not take an opportunity such as this, and travel really does broaden your horizons.

Good luck, mate... keep us posted on what happens when you're out there, if you can get access to a 'puter.

Raistlin
07-02-2005, 17:13
Yay!! :clap: good on ya for making the break.

Hope you have a great time and that all goes well for you, keep us posted (if you can) on how things go while you're out there (a Blog maybe ? ;) ).

AndrewJ
07-02-2005, 17:18
Bring us back some of the speciality booze...about 18truck loads be nice. :drink:

Paul
07-02-2005, 17:19

WOO HOO!!!!!

can't wait!!!On your own ?

Graham F
07-02-2005, 17:22
:LOL: @ Paul M yes on my own :)

it was always going to be the case, so nothing new there!!

Halcyon
07-02-2005, 17:36
You could invite the person you are seeing out there for a nice romantic weekend.
Good luck and I hope its as good fun as last time you went.

AndrewJ
07-02-2005, 19:51
Are you going to enjoy the scenery or the "scenery" :naughty: :pimp:

Marge
07-02-2005, 20:58
I worked in France as my placement year whilst a student, and I've never looked back since. I ended up getting married to a girl I met over there, and we now have a kid too, so you never know what might turn up
Are you going to enjoy the scenery or the "scenery"

OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :fit: :nono: :erm: :cry: :knock: :knock: :knock: :knock:

snodvan
07-02-2005, 21:34
Graham

A few words from one who wishes dearly that he could swap some of his worldly experience for some of your youth. It is a "saying" that I made up and had engraved onto a plaque to present to someone several years ago.

"Life is a one way ticket, there are no refunds if you do not use it all"

In all my 40 years of working life I never set out to gain fame or fortune by actively seeking "bigger better" jobs - but they came anyway and I learned always to say OK, I'll do it. That approach plus my personal edict of always trying to treat other people with respect even if our views differed led me on to a modest degree of fame and fortune.

Go for it. Have fun.

homealone
07-02-2005, 21:36
Are you going to enjoy the scenery or the "scenery" :naughty: :pimp:

what is 'sauce for the Goose'.........;)

kronas
08-02-2005, 00:41

WOO HOO!!!!!

can't wait!!!

i wish you all the best :)