PDA

View Full Version : Male Grooming

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 21:11
Hi Guys,

I've been trawling the web looking for some good sites that give advice on male grooming: products, how-to's, hints and tips, style guides, practical advice etc.

Sad as this may sound, I realise that over the last few years I have sort of let myself go a bit and haven't been paying as much attention to my grooming regime / presentation as I should have been.

The only site that is even remotely interesting that I have managed to find so far is www.sharpman.com , can anybody recommend any others?

Cheers,

Raist.

Russ
18-12-2004, 21:14
Try the forum areas of www.menshealth.co.uk

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 21:25
Try the forum areas of www.menshealth.co.uk (http://www.menshealth.co.uk)
Nice one Russ, looks like loads of stuff in there - I'll spend some time wading through it (not too much though, wouldn't want to neglect CF :D ).

greencreeper
18-12-2004, 22:20
I use Nivea stuff - exfoliator, moisturising anti-grease facial wash, and moisturising balm for after I've shaved (and look like I've had my face in acid).

Few people can tie a tie (http://www.scoutdb.org/h2tat/) these days - some of the efforts I see at work make me want to weep. Jeans that are all ripped at the bottom and are clearly soaking up water - by the end of the day, the tide mark has reached knee height. Buy a decent pair, please, preferably ones that fit and don't show your underwear or have a foot long crotch. And don't have the belt hanging down the front - yeah, like we believe you're a big boy when you do that :rolleyes: Trainers - look awful and no good for your feet. Hair - do you really have to plaster it in industrial-strength goo? Some of us like to play with a guy's hair without needing a pair of marigolds. Aftershave - strong aftershave is a big no-no with me. It makes me sneeze. During the day you want something light - not something that'll put people on life support. Facial jewellery - you don't look cool: you look like you've fallen in a bag of assorted nails and bolts. Mobile - yes it cost £300 and yes it looks lovely but give over playing with it. Again, you don't look cool - you look sad. And people will think you have size problems. Interesting facial hair in strange patterns - it's not interesting: it looks awful. Have a shave and put your creative energies into something else.

I think that's it. :erm: Oh - brush your tongue front to back.

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 22:38
I use Nivea stuff - exfoliator, moisturising anti-grease facial wash, and moisturising balm for after I've shaved (and look like I've had my face in acid).
:LOL: Know what you mean about the "acid" look. I've tried some of the Nivea stuff and it seems to be ok. I have quite sensitive skin which gets accustomed to any new product after a while so I have to keep switching though :-(

Few people can tie a tie (http://www.scoutdb.org/h2tat/) these days - some of the efforts I see at work make me want to weep.
Luckily that's not something I have a problem with, pretty good with ties (or so I've been told. In fact I actually take quite a lot of time over it making sure it's right.

Jeans that are all ripped at the bottom and are clearly soaking up water - by the end of the day, the tide mark has reached knee height. Buy a decent pair, please, preferably ones that fit and don't show your underwear or have a foot long crotch. And don't have the belt hanging down the front - yeah, like we believe you're a big boy when you do that :rolleyes:
Jeans, now there's a sore point. Over the last couple of years I've been pretty miserable most of the time so I've been comfort eating. This has meant that I've put on a few extra pounds and I'm slightly between waist sizes. If I go for somthing the "right" size I end up feeling like I'm being cut in half 'cause they don't seem to fit right. If I go up a size they always seem to feel like they're falling down :D Any thoughts on makers / styles? I tend to go for boot-cut jeans as I don't like trousers that get caught up in the tops of my shoes.

Trainers - look awful and no good for your feet.

So would you suggest shoes on every occasion then? I wear shoes to work but have to admit that I prefer trainers with jeans (although I will admitt that shoes sometimes look better. I used to wear boots a lot but got tired of them. Again, thoughts on styles / occasions etc?

Hair - do you really have to plaster it in industrial-strength goo?
Hmm, I do use product in my hair. I have fairly unmanageable hair and don't like to look scruffy. I would rather have something in there that at least keeps it a little neat. I try not to go overboard but I know what you mean.

Aftershave - strong aftershave is a big no-no with me. It makes me sneeze. During the day you want something light - not something that'll put people on life support.
Any recommendations?

As for the rest. I don't have any "facial decorations", I don't play with my mobile all of the time, and I like to be clean shaven.

I think my biggest problem at the moment is styling and the need to lose a bit of weight. Once those things are sorted I may start to get some of my confidence back (which has been slowly erroded over the last few years by destructive relationships / habits).

I think that's it. :erm: Oh - brush your tongue front to back.
:LOL: I'll try to remember that :D

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I'm seriously starting to think that I might need the assistance of a sympathetic girl (or man) when I next go clothes shopping (or probably whenever I'm tempted to leave the house :D ) in order to get myself back on track.

Cheers again mate.

Raist.

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 22:40
WoW, just realised how long that reply was - sorry:D

SMHarman
18-12-2004, 22:52
CFs own Queer Eye team needed here?

I think the answer is ^ what Greencreeper said.

I use the Nivea visage on my face after shaving, a fantastic product. A good sharp rasor blade is also a must, no point hacking your face to bits. A good shaving cream, (or oil), not soap. I like the Body Shop cream, I also like the crabtree one, but cannot afford it.

Hair don't have much so can't comment.

Jeans and Trainers, a very teenage thing, post 21 it ceases to look right. Though I find the chocolate leather timberlands trainer / boot is a nice alternative comfortable, but not these glaring white things on your feet. Something like this
http://www.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1836897&cp=1779791.1761081.1770272&parentPage=family

Weight, well there are only two ways to change that diet and excercise and realistically both.
First keep a food diary, work out when you eat junk and why and try to change those habits, substitute bananas for chocolate bars, a nutrigrain instead of a kit kat (the nutrigrain is not great, but it's better), then walk, run, workout. I decided I needed to get in shape about 3 months ago and so far I have suprisingly lost 0 weight. I'm eating much better, less ready meals, more home cooked so less salt etc but also I am working with a personal trainer roughly once a week (or less), the weight must have turned to muscle as I have just had 3 in taken off the waists of two of my suits and I look a helavalot thinner, just still weigh the same, and my resting heart rate is down to 59.

Brush your tongue front to back WTF?

And working in the City the half and full Windsor are in my repetoire

Maggy
18-12-2004, 22:54
If it's any consolation men lose weight faster and quicker than us wimmen.Just cutting out beer can have a fantastic effect.

If it's sticking to a regime without someone behind you to nag then Weight Watchers or summat similar are usually very good at helping men lose weight quickly(I think they just want to stop being patronised by the sheer numbers of wimmen that attend).I know it seems daunting to think of all those women but a lot of men attend such meetings these days and do very much better than us frail,weak willed females. :D

greencreeper
18-12-2004, 22:54
Yeah - my skin is sensitive too. I have a mixture of dry and oily skin - the worst. My back looks like Mars :( I have to keep changing shampoo because my scalp is very fussy, but otherwise I can stick to products used on my skin.

I tend to buy Wrangler jeans - I have lots of them. I once bought a pair of 501s just to try. They rub in a place where you should never be rubbed :D Awful.

My hair is always short - it saves on shampoo (less hair to wash) and time (no morning styling). Blade 2 on top and 4 around the sides - no fringe.

Aftershave - go along to Boots and they'll spray a sample on a card for you to sniff. Pick something you like. Take a female if you can, for a second opinion.

As for weight - try not to worry about it. You worry, you eat more... I'm a comfort eater too. I just try to be aware of it and think "Do I really need to eat now, or can I wait?" And I tend to snack on healthy, low fat foods, such as a slice of bread with marg.

When clothes shopping it's always best to take a female or gay man. Try stuff on, take your time, and buy things that are flexible - i.e. you can wear it with a range of other clothes. 90% of the time it looks great in the shop and awful at home :D

[edit]
Nearly forgot - footwear. There's a vast range. Take boots - is that a trainer-style boot, a hiking/sports boot, an ankle boot, a formal/dress boot, a boot without laces... I tend to own just the one pair of boots (I like them for ankle support) and just the one pair of black shoes for work. You can only wear one pair of footwear at a time - how many pairs do you need?

Shaun
18-12-2004, 22:55
Metrosexuals on CF!!!! God help us all. :erm:

Maggy
18-12-2004, 22:56

Ahem!!

Shaun
18-12-2004, 22:58
Ahem!!

I was posting that as you posted. :erm: :monkey:

Sorry Miss. :D

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 22:59
CFs own Queer Eye team needed here?
Definately :D

Jeans and Trainers, a very teenage thing, post 21 it ceases to look right. <Snipped a bit to try to conserve some bandwidth>
Don't like the white trainers either, I tend to go for something that looks less trainery and try to tie the colour into the colour jeans that I'm wearing. Not sure about those Timbys though, they look a bit too much like hiking shoes - maybe this is why I need the advice :D

I like the idea of the food diary, might try that. To be honest I know when I'm eating badly and I'm taking in less junk these days (I'm just not needing to eat to make myself feel better).

Brush your tongue front to back WTF?
I had the same thought but didn't like to ask :D

Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it.

Raist

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 23:02
If it's any consolation men lose weight faster and quicker than us wimmen.Just cutting out beer can have a fantastic effect.

If it's sticking to a regime without someone behind you to nag then Weight Watchers or summat similar are usually very good at helping men lose weight quickly(I think they just want to stop being patronised by the sheer numbers of wimmen that attend).I know it seems daunting to think of all those women but a lot of men attend such meetings these days and do very much better than us frail,weak willed females. :D
Thanks Incog, had thought of WW but wanted to give it a try on my own first - all part of my New Me transformation.

Don't drink that often so I don't think it's the beer that's the problem - or maybe it is, perhaps if I drunk more I would worry less about my appearance :D

greencreeper
18-12-2004, 23:05
:rofl:

Brushing your tongue keeps it clean and fresh. Don't scrub at it - just firmly brush.

Russ
You can get a tongue scraper which does a great job :D

Raistlin
I tend to buy Wrangler jeans - I have lots of them. I once bought a pair of 501s just to try. They rub in a place where you should never be rubbed :D Awful.
I have the opposite problem, I find Wrangler jeans terribly uncomfortable (they tend to be too tight across the thighs) but I get on really well with 501s.

Unfortunately I can't cut my hair that short. I have a rather undesireable hair colour (as if my other problems weren't enough) and wearing it extremely short just accentuates the problem :D

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 23:06
You can get a tongue scraper which does a great job :D
Cool, how much do they charge by the hour ;)

Maggy
18-12-2004, 23:08
Thanks Incog, had thought of WW but wanted to give it a try on my own first - all part of my New Me transformation.

Don't drink that often so I don't think it's the beer that's the problem - or maybe it is, perhaps if I drunk more I would worry less about my appearance :D

I think the real problem with beer/booze is it leads to eating asit softens ones resolve.I'm always hungry after a couple of beers and I then will fancy a curry........

Speaking as one who has had a weight problem since I was 16 I find I CANNOT do it on my own. :( If I could I'd never,ever have a problem losing it.

Shaun

Brushing your tongue keeps it clean and fresh. Don't scrub at it - just firmly brush.

.........and bring up your last meal with it! :sick:

greencreeper
I have the opposite problem, I find Wrangler jeans terribly uncomfortable (they tend to be too tight across the thighs) but I get on really well with 501s.

:D

Just shows how unique we are. I would try a looser cut of jean - see if they're better. There are no standards though - just have to try them on and see.

Unfortunately I can't cut my hair that short. I have a rather undesireable hair colour (as if my other problems weren't enough) and wearing it extremely short just accentuates the problem :D

What's an undesirable hair colour? Who says it is?

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 23:09
:wtf: is a "Metrosexual"? Or don't I want to know.....

greencreeper
18-12-2004, 23:09
.........and bring up your last meal with it! :sick:
You must be the only gay man that has no control over his gag reflex ;)

Metrosexual is simply a straight man who takes care of himself like a gay man does - style basically.

SMHarman
18-12-2004, 23:11
<snip>
Aftershave - go along to Boots and they'll spray a sample on a card for you to sniff. Pick something you like. Take a female if you can, for a second opinion.

<snip>
Though if you do like it get them to spray some on you and check again in 30 mins. All perfume reacts with the skin to create a subtly different scent to the one on the card, sometimes subtly bloody aweful.
<snip>
Nearly forgot - footwear. There's a vast range. Take boots - is that a trainer-style boot, a hiking/sports boot, an ankle boot, a formal/dress boot, a boot without laces... I tend to own just the one pair of boots (I like them for ankle support) and just the one pair of black shoes for work. You can only wear one pair of footwear at a time - how many pairs do you need?
Thats a question you should ask Mrs H., however this year I did the thing people have been advising me for years and spent a bloody fortune on work shoes. I went to Jones the Bootmaker and bought two very nice very comfortable (even out of the box) pairs of black leather work shoes, proper cream nourishing cleaner and cedar shoe trees for them. Wear them alternate days and the shoe trees dry them out over the 36 hours they are in. They have goodyear welted soles and as they are Jones, whenever they need TLC you take them back to the shop and they go back to the bootmaker that made them (well kinda) for new soles etc.

Whilst in 6 years time they may be like Triggers broom, this was probably the most sensible £300 I spent this year.

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 23:11
:D:nworthy::LOL::rofl:

Chimaera
18-12-2004, 23:13
Yeah - just WHAT is an undesirable hair colour?? :shrug: :D

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 23:14
What's an undesirable hair colour? Who says it is?
Well, my mother (possibly the most charitable person that I know :D ) would describe it as "auburn", I have heard it described as "strawberry blonde".....

Luckily, as I have gotten older, it has mellowed a little and is starting to become a slightly murky brown but I think the predominance of the original colour is starting to win the war again.....

I think you get the idea :D

greencreeper
18-12-2004, 23:16
Though if you do like it get them to spray some on you and check again in 30 mins. All perfume reacts with the skin to create a subtly different scent to the one on the card, sometimes subtly bloody aweful.

Good point, though because of my skin I spray it on my clothes. I should point out I use EDT rather than aftershave. I forget there's a distinction :)

Shaun
18-12-2004, 23:16
Yeah - just WHAT is an undesirable hair colour?? :shrug: :D

Ginger, there's no getting away from it....sorry. ;) :p:

Shaun
18-12-2004, 23:17

:LOL:

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 23:18
Whilst in 6 years time they may be like Triggers broom, this was probably the most sensible £300 I spent this year.
I can see it now:

<winds foward and examines CF posts from 6 years hence>

Ahh, there it is, now how do I quote from the future? Right, that's it, here we go.....

Well, I've had the same two pairs of shoes for the last 6 years. They've had 5 new sets of soles and 2 new uppers each but they're the same shoes.
Seriously though, £300? They must be some freaking good shoes!!

Don't worry about the fact that eventually they will reach the end of their lives and go to that great shoe shop in the sky. They'll be ok, they will have an afterlife that we would be pleased to receive. You see.....it turns out.....that shoes have souls.....:p:

SMHarman
18-12-2004, 23:18
Good point, though because of my skin I spray it on my clothes. I should point out I use EDT rather than aftershave. I forget there's a distinction :)
It's been diluted (with toilet water :erm: )

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 23:19
Metrosexual is simply a straight man who takes care of himself like a gay man does - style basically.
Ahh, I C, thanks.

greencreeper
18-12-2004, 23:19
Ginger, there's no getting away from it....sorry. ;) :p:
Such prejudice :no:

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 23:20
WoW, there's so much terminology to learn.....What's EDT?

Russ
Eau de toilette

Raistlin
Never mind.....

Eua de Toilette

Got It!

<Edit> Thanks Russ!

Russ
18-12-2004, 23:22
After reading this thread...I didn't realise that I must be a metrosexual...:eek:

Shaun
18-12-2004, 23:23
Eau de toilette

*Resists the temptation to ask if there are any other gays in Russ's village! :p:

Russ
18-12-2004, 23:24
*Resists the temptation to ask if there are any other gays in Russ's village! :p:

Don't.

Just don't.

SMHarman
18-12-2004, 23:24
Seriously though, £300? They must be some freaking good shoes!!

Don't worry about the fact that eventually they will reach the end of their lives and go to that great shoe shop in the sky. They'll be ok, they will have an afterlife that we would be pleased to receive. You see.....it turns out.....that shoes have souls.....:p:
Groan...
Visit http://www.jonesbootmaker.com/ebusiness1/store/index.jsp and search on 062382603
The shoes were about £125 each, but then the cedar trees were £25 each (they don't grow on trees you know) and the cleaner etc. Figured if I was doing it properly.
They've got a sale on, I'm off to have a look around for some nice friday work smart (formal) casual shoes.

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 23:29
There are some nice shoes in there.

Looks like my pay rise is going on shoes, clothes, and grooming products.....

greencreeper
18-12-2004, 23:31

Agree - might have a look in the window of the Briggate store. I like comfy boots though.

I spend about £30 every two months on grooming products.

SMHarman
18-12-2004, 23:36

Do it wisely and it could well lead to the next payraise. Whilst not the extreem of a job interview, even in the day to day work / life environment, appearance counts for a helluvalot before you have managed to open your mouth. I guess SDA's Girls you... thread proves that too.

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 23:42
Changed my "Tag Line" (the bit under my user name) :D

Thanks for all the advice guys, really appreciate it!!

Escapee
18-12-2004, 23:44

greencreeper,

I am ignoring all that advice, so I dont attract guys down the pub! :D

the above is all in good fun and I think from past posts you know I dont mean any offence.

I just seem to have trouble these days with the grey hairs that are getting more and more, not even mentioning my expanding stomache. My waist seems to stay the same size, it's just the stomache hanging over it thats thw problem. I keep telling the women I'm like a pirate with a sunken chest! :D

Russ
18-12-2004, 23:46
***extremely un-pc comment about to appear!!!!!***

Ain't it great to have gay blokes around to tell you this stuff :D

Shaun
18-12-2004, 23:49
Ain't it great to have gay blokes around to tell you this stuff :D

*Again resists urge to comment on Russ's intimate knowledge of the mens health forum :p:

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 23:51
To be honest I'm grateful for the advice, wherever it comes from.....

Russ
18-12-2004, 23:51
Hey! I get that magazine every month!

Raistlin
18-12-2004, 23:52
Is it worth the money? What sort of articles do they run and are they actually interesting?

I've looked at it on the shelf a couple of times but it always looks like a magazine for fitness freaks...

Russ
19-12-2004, 00:11
Not just for fitness, it covers everything for blokes really, mostly those who have left their FHM and Loaded days behind.

Stuart
19-12-2004, 01:06
WoW, there's so much terminology to learn.....What's EDT?
Well, I always thought EDT was a kind of agricultural weed killer..

homealone
19-12-2004, 01:16
Well, I always thought EDT was a kind of agricultural weed killer..

also look at

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/edta/edtah.htm

;)

daxx
19-12-2004, 02:29
NPMSL but gotta go to work :)

this will keep me amused for hours

yeah sad I know but it is the graveyard shift

Ramrod
19-12-2004, 09:49
Good posts greencreeper.....I think that you have once again illustrated why gay men tend to break womens hearts :D

Shaun
19-12-2004, 16:08
also look at

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/edta/edtah.htm

;)

:notopic:

How bizarre is that, I had to do a "poster" on that for
Uni. The info was mainly taken from that very page! :Yikes:

greencreeper
22-12-2004, 01:20
Good posts greencreeper.....I think that you have once again illustrated why gay men tend to break womens hearts :D

All you men - be brave and embrace your feminine side :p:

As for health magazines - buying the magazine doesn't lead to weight loss and the development of a toned body. It's the same with students and text books: you have to read the books - buying them isn't enough :D

SMHarman
22-12-2004, 10:02

As for health magazines - buying the magazine doesn't lead to weight loss and the development of a toned body. It's the same with students and text books: you have to read the books - buying them isn't enough :D
Reading books leads to weight loss and development of a toned body. Which books. I can do that on the train. You'll put my personal trainer out of business!

Chris
22-12-2004, 10:07
This thread is making me want to go out and do something overtly masculine, like conquer a mountain and not wash or shave for a week... :erm:

But Mrs T wouldn't let me ... :D I think, in many respects, I'm what they call 'J.G.E'. ;)

A side issue ... isn't the stereotype 'gay men have style' just as patronising as 'black men have rhythm'?

Stuart
22-12-2004, 10:10
A side issue ... isn't the stereotype 'gay men have style' just as patronising as 'black men have rhythm'?
Yes.

Nugget
22-12-2004, 10:50
Got the grooming down pat these days - get up, have a wash (including those hard to reach parts :D ), have a shave, inspect the head to make sure no more hair has fallen out overnight, iron shirt, get dressed, get in car, no longer think about it :)

As for Raists 'undesireable' hair, I must confess that I too have ginger hair (and I know someone else who has too, but I'm mentioning no names ;)). However, what I have noticed is that, as I get older, what little hair I have remaining is getting darker, but my beard is getting more orange. In fact, Mrs Nug takes great delight in telling people that (how can I phrase this?) the further down you go, the more ginger I get - honestly, the glow from my feet keeps me awake at night :disturbd:

Scarlett
22-12-2004, 10:54

I did!!! then she slapped me and told me that once a week was enough and as I'd had it yetserday, I could go back to my side of the bed :bigcry:

On the Grooming, I generally go for 501's and doc's but the trick I found is to be relaxed in whatever you wear. This has meant that I can actually look quite good in a suit, DJ, Frock coat and a few occasions a Dress.

Also have you considered hair dye ? its a bit of a risk but if you get the right colour, then it make an enourmous difference (the wife now has red hair and she feels a LOT happier about it, it used to be a sort of brown but mousy but not really one or the other)

oh yes and more water less beer always good!

Scarlett

Millay
22-12-2004, 16:19
I also have just realised i am also a metrosexual...

I think you realise this when you need a larger wash bag to keep all your 'products' in.....

Also for those of you with leg problems etc.. that mean you really need to wear trainers.. then Nike do great trainers that look like shoes and boots i have a pair and they are great and nobody ever realises....

I still like to wear shoes coz they have a heal on them and im only 5"4 (and no i am male :O)

Interesting about the previouse tide mark on jeans, i often suffer that, but you try getting a pair of jeans with a 26" inside leg lol...

Chris
22-12-2004, 16:31
Don't.

Just don't.
ahem ....

sorry, couldn't resist ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/images/200/dafydd_chars.jpg

greencreeper
22-12-2004, 19:51

I don't think it's patronising - it is a generalisation that happens to be true in many cases, but there are badly groomed and dressed gay men out there.

I also have just realised i am also a metrosexual...

I think you realise this when you need a larger wash bag to keep all your 'products' in.....

You have a wash bag :erm: :D

Raistlin
01-01-2005, 01:11
Sorry to bring this thread back to the fore but I've got another quick question:

Is there any product that I can use to either slow beard growth or to make the new growth softer?

The reason that I ask is that after I have shaved the new growth comes through quite quickly and after quite a short period of time (maybe a couple of hours) can be "uncomfortable and irritating" for my other half.

Other than shaving every 2-3 hours or so (which really isn't an option) can anybody offer an suggestions?

Cheers and Happy New Year.

Raist.

Nikko
01-01-2005, 01:14
Grow a beard

Raistlin
01-01-2005, 01:22
Grow a beard
Not quite what I had in mind.............but thanks anyway............ :D

Shaun
01-01-2005, 01:41
Not really, sorry, she'll just have to toughen up! :erm:

I'm the same, however we both have the same trouble, its like Velcro! :erm: :D

Nikko
01-01-2005, 01:46
Not quite what I had in mind.............but thanks anyway............ :D

Obviously not - but if your 5 o'clock shadow appears at lunchtime - best thing is to grow a beard. The more you shave it, the more the women find it tough, rasping & irritable.

If you leave it overnight, they stroke it and go oh wow thats really soft.

Russ
01-01-2005, 03:10
There's a product you can get from Boots called Stubble Stop (http://www.westons.com/acatalog/info_STU144K.html) which seems to work for some people.

Gareth
01-01-2005, 13:36
Fortunately, I don't have the stubble problem, but that means I can't help ya.

However, jumping back a few pages, talking about after shaves and EDT, I would suggest checking out Cologne by Thierry Mugler. It's light and airy (with a subtle citrus scent) and is nowhere near as common as your typical run-of-the-mill Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss, etc... that all my colleagues wear, and (so I've been told) makes a nice change.

Also, for fash wash, I inisist on the exfoliating stuff by Lancome. I can have pretty bad skin if I don't take care of it, and have yet to find anything that is as good as Lancome. I think it's called Pure Focus, or summit like that.

The missus also used something by Eve Lom, which was incredibly good at cleaning the skin deep down, but costs an absolute bloody fortune!