PDA

View Full Version : NTL Broadband credit check

dayloon
17-12-2004, 20:04
I notice that when ordering broadband through NTL it asks you for lots of information such as all your addresses for past 3 years, how many credit cards you've got etc. Then in the confirmation email it mentions something about credit searching. Out of interest, has anyone actually ever FAILED the NTL credit check ?!?!?

dilli-theclaw
17-12-2004, 20:06
I notice that when ordering broadband through NTL it asks you for lots of information such as all your addresses for past 3 years, how many credit cards you've got etc. Then in the confirmation email it mentions something about credit searching. Out of interest, has anyone actually ever FAILED the NTL credit check ?!?!?
Welcome to the site :):welcome::welcome:

And YES I do know a couple of people that have failed.

dayloon
17-12-2004, 20:27
Thanks for the swift reply. I guess i'll just have to sit and wait then. Nothing as serious as CCJ's or anything like that, just a few defaults from a couple of years back when i was younger and a bit stupid.

dilli-theclaw
17-12-2004, 20:29
Thanks for the swift reply. I guess i'll just have to sit and wait then. Nothing as serious as CCJ's or anything like that, just a few defaults from a couple of years back when i was younger and a bit stupid.
If you have an account number or anything you could phone and ask them if you passed?

When I ordered my ntl again (in the last couple of months) I ordered it all via the phone and they did the check while I was on the phone.

To be honest the people I know that failed couldn't be trusted to save 50p for a loaf of bread so I'm not at all surprised they didn't pass.

dayloon
17-12-2004, 20:59
Oddly enough they just called ! everything's fine ! :) Thanks for your help !

Nidge
19-12-2004, 10:41

Weren't we all???

Paul
19-12-2004, 13:19
Weren't we all???Nope :angel:

andygrif
19-12-2004, 14:26
I know someone who had a lot more problems with credit...as far as I can remember he had to pay a deposit to ntl to get his service operational...and of course this does help re-build your credit too.

It is a worthwhile project to get your credit reference files from Experian and Equifax to see what information they hold on you (they charge a couple of quid for this).

Once you got them you can see any strikes against your name, as long as the debts are paid off then it's of course not as bad as if they have been unpaid. You can also put notes on your files saying they have been paid (assuming they actually have been)