PDA

View Full Version : Video Recording

B@lrog
25-08-2003, 21:01
Duck everyone here comes a stupid question........

Should I be able to record one channel while watching another, I ask because I can't. We have NTL digital tv package.:shrug:

albone
25-08-2003, 21:13
The simple answer is no if going through your box, but if watching terestrial and videoing from the box (eg sky and the like) you can. :cool:

B@lrog
25-08-2003, 21:19
Thats a bummer then really. OK Cheers for the swift response, I thought there was maybe something wrong with my system.

paulyoung666
25-08-2003, 21:34
you can , but ............................ you need two boxes :D :D :D

homealone
25-08-2003, 21:55
Originally posted by albone
The simple answer is no if going through your box, but if watching terestrial and videoing from the box (eg sky and the like) you can. :cool:

It can be done, albone, but it depends on which box you have - and that can vary, depending on where you live & how long you've been a customer.

Some boxes have a "pass through" facility, which makes the terrestrial channels available, separate from the digital signal, without an aerial.

I've heard that some areas offer a splitter device that will provide the same functionality on, otherwise, incompatible boxes - but B@lrog would probably need to call CS to find out for his/her area.

Gaz:)

B@lrog
25-08-2003, 21:57
Would this cost me any money? homealone...

Shaun
25-08-2003, 22:26
When they changed my box for a 4010, which has no pass through, I made the engineer split the cable (again) so that one went into the box and the other went to my video (and then to the telly).

I had to get the engineer to do this as our aerial on the roof is unwatchable (crap signal), but the engineer did it, well after I offered chocolate biccys with his tea! ;)

I get 8 or 9 analogue channels (including sky 1) and my didgy box on the telly but only the normal analog channels on my video (something to do with the telly having a European tuner).

He was already in the house for a fault, but I guess they would charge you if you wanted them out just to split the cable (wink wink):D

bob_builder
26-08-2003, 12:25
Originally posted by B@lrog
Duck everyone here comes a stupid question........

Should I be able to record one channel while watching another, I ask because I can't. We have NTL digital tv package.:shrug:

Just to clarify, you cannot record a digital channel and watch another digital channel, but you might be able to record a digital channel and watch a terrestrial channel (or vice versa).

B@lrog
26-08-2003, 14:21
Thanks everyone for the tremendous response. Cheers