PDA

View Full Version : Joined NTL Broadband- No Bill Yet ?

yer nice one
16-12-2004, 16:09
Hi peeps

I joined NTL's broadband service 5 weeks ago, I gave NTL my bank details to set up the direct debit, so hopefully everything is in order,

Its just I havent recieved a bill through the post yet and they havent taken any money from my bank account,

How long does it normaly take ?

cheers

quadplay
16-12-2004, 16:45
Hi - 3 questions:

Which area are you in? Did you get any special offers (3 months free/discounted, etc.)? and Do you have any other ntl services?

Regards,
Jimbo

deadite66
16-12-2004, 16:46
i didn't have a bill for months a call to customer support said something went wrong will the direct debit so i was in arrears to nearly £100 and could have been soon cut off and in all that time they never tried to contact me.

so if in doubt give them a call.

gavnad
16-12-2004, 20:34
you should see a debit from your account approx 14 working days from the second months bill date,the bill date being the date of registration ie; you reg jan 1st your first bill is claimed approx 14 working days from feb 1st (should receive an email at this time),the dd is not active in time for the first bill so carries forward...does this make sense??

dilli-theclaw
16-12-2004, 21:11
I'm bumping the thread 'cos I have exactly the same thing....

I've had my first bill which claimed that £16.50 was gonna come out on the 13th December. But they've not set up a direct debit yet.

quadplay
17-12-2004, 03:09
dilligaf, if you're in a Harmony area and want it checked, feel free to PM me your account number (the one that starts with 5)

dilli-theclaw
17-12-2004, 08:43
dilligaf, if you're in a Harmony area and want it checked, feel free to PM me your account number (the one that starts with 5)

Thanks for the offer - but my account number starts with an 8 so I guess I'm not :)

dilli-theclaw
17-12-2004, 10:17
I just phoned ntl and they tell me that the direct debit has been set up and payment taken.

Which is news to me!!!

I'm starting to be a tad worried now.

quadplay
17-12-2004, 12:26
It may be that payment was requested in the last few days, in which case it will still be heading to your bank. I'd give it until January 2nd, and if it's still not come out of your account, then get worried! If your bank's got an online banking facility, you should be able to check the Direct Debits set up on your account from there, even if no payment has been requested yet - but some banks online systems, such as NatWest, only show Direct Debits after the first payment has been taken.

dilli-theclaw
17-12-2004, 12:27
It may be that payment was requested in the last few days, in which case it will still be heading to your bank. I'd give it until January 2nd, and if it's still not come out of your account, then get worried! If your bank's got an online banking facility, you should be able to check the Direct Debits set up on your account from there, even if no payment has been requested yet - but some banks online systems, such as NatWest, only show Direct Debits after the first payment has been taken.
Thanks for that :)

I am with halifax - and there's no direct debit on there yet :(

I'll wait till january now as you suggest and try again :)