PDA

View Full Version : NTL Broadband billing after 60 day trial

toiletduck
16-12-2004, 13:52
Hi everyone
My 60 day trial of NTL broadband has ended about 2 weeks ago (the cable modem was installed on 28/9/2004, couldn't register until 30/9/2004).
When i ordered the service i was given the option to receive a paper bill every month but recently i've been reading the terms and conditions and it says that broadband can only be paid for using direct debit.

However i've been reading that other people have been able to pay in other ways via the paper bill, so should i just wait for the Bill to arrive, bearing in mind that i am currently at university and will be going home for christmas so i won't be back until January, or should i call them?

quadplay
16-12-2004, 16:54
Hi

Which area are you in? I ask because if you're in what's known as a Bromley area, your bills for broadband will by default be sent via email rather than as a paper bill. If you've already got a Direct Debit setup, it's easiest to just leave it, as you'll be charged £2 per month for paying via other methods, assuming you're given that option.

In any case, the best advice I can give is to call Customer Services (0800 052 2000) to make sure!

Regards,
Jimbo

toiletduck
16-12-2004, 17:39
i'm in the teesside area, when i registered i was given the option of direct debit or a bill every month. Don't mind the extra £2 a month because the connection's shared between 4 people.
i guess i'll have to give customer service a call when i get home, i just hope i don't have to spend half an hour on hold.

quadplay
17-12-2004, 03:08
Well, tell us how you got on. If you've had no joy, feel free to send me a PM with your account number or post code and house number, and I'll look into it. :)

toiletduck
17-12-2004, 12:49
Well i gave them a call and they said i'll just receive a bill every month, but on the system it shows the activation date as the 15th December. so i won't receive a bill until january. Is this normal?

quadplay
17-12-2004, 12:55
I wouldn't say it's normal, but it means they stuffed up the account activation. Luckily, it's in your favour because it means your charges won't have started until December 15th - so you got 15 days free broadband. :)

toiletduck
17-12-2004, 13:12
yeah that's cool :) , although now that i think about it, i'll be moving out of my university accomodation next september, so that could mean my 12 months contract starts from december and not september. or will the 2 months trial be taken off that?