PDA

View Full Version : I've Got The Key

Raistlin
14-12-2004, 23:53
I've sussed it, I've finally found the answer to a question that has been bugging our leading society members for the last decade.

Q: Why does this country have such a bad problem with teenage pregnancy?

A: Well, having just spent the best part of 45 minutes walking around the "pharmacy and miscellaneous other medical bits" section of my local Tesco, looking for something for the weekend, I can tell you that it's because the Supermarkets Bl***y well hide them!!!!!!!

When you consider that the average teenager these days has got an attention span that barely spans into double figures it's hardly suprising that we have such a problem, they get bored before they find them!!!!

:D

kronas
14-12-2004, 23:58
i thought phamacys only sell them not supermarkets ?

danielf
15-12-2004, 00:01
i thought phamacys only sell them not supermarkets ?

I should hope they are a little easier to come by then that...

Raistlin
15-12-2004, 00:03
But there's normally a pharmacy-type bit in the supermarket (they're usually with the aspirin :D ).

Russ
15-12-2004, 00:05
Couldn't you have nipped in to the gents in a local pub?

Plonking
15-12-2004, 00:08
they're really easy to find in the tescos near me.. next to the plasters (not sure if they are somehow related!).

after finding them, it's time to be served by the youngest kid currently working on a till, and watch as they go bright red when they see what you are buying ! ;)

P

Raistlin
15-12-2004, 00:09
I could have if I wanted them to be mint flavoured, glow-in-the-dark and shaped like rats, or made of the same material that they mac pac-a-macs out of.

Fortunately I am only slightly more picky in that department than I am about which brand of deoderant I will use :D I care what I put next to my skin ;-)

danielf
15-12-2004, 00:10

I don't know Raistlins local, but do you think the gents would have appreciated that?

Raistlin
15-12-2004, 00:11
they're really easy to find in the tescos near me.. next to the plasters (not sure if they are somehow related!).

after finding them, it's time to be served by the youngest kid currently working on a till, and watch as they go bright red when they see what you are buying ! ;)

P
LoL, like I said - here they put them next to the aspirin (talk about optimism!).

Know what you mean about the checkout assistants, I normally end up with the most attractive girl in the shop and end up going bright red myself! To think, I'm old enough to do it but (for some reason) not confident / confident enough to buy the things without feeling like I'm doing something wrong / naughty. I wonder why that is? Perhaps it's something to do with the way that society treats the subject?
Hmm, this could be a subject worthy of more study.....

danielf
15-12-2004, 00:12

P

Which reminds me, we were after some plasters at Tesco last week, and my gf spent ages looking around the store for the plasters after deciding they wouldn't be next to the condoms :)

We had a laugh over the possible relation as well.

Raistlin
15-12-2004, 00:13
I don't know Raistlins local, but do you think the gents would have appreciated that?
ROFLMAO!!! :D:nworthy::handshake:clap::LOL::rofl:

Raistlin
15-12-2004, 00:16
The girl in my pic isn't me. I am actually a guy !
So who is the girl in the pic then? Sorry to take this OT but I had to ask...

ian@huth
15-12-2004, 00:26
I can remember in my teens that I decided to send off for some via mail order to avoid the embarassment of asking for them at the chemists where the staff all knew my family. I ordered half a gross to keep me going and a sample pack which included 3 of each type that they sold. Unfortunately the promised next day delivery when I would be in to receive them turned out to be a few days late and my mother opened the parcel when it arrived with an almost illegible name on the label. Don't know who had the reddest face. :o

Plonking
15-12-2004, 00:36
So who is the girl in the pic then? Sorry to take this OT but I had to ask...
lol, this again :P

she's my gf, and we go to tescos and buy... supplies.... from the youngest kids in there ! hehe

it reminds me of the days when i worked in a supermarket. me and the woman who ran the checkouts used to play 'spot the virgin' at weekends when all the young innocent saturday staff were working.. :shocked:

P

Raistlin
15-12-2004, 00:37
:LOL: I can almost imagine the scene.

Actually, this reminds me of a joke........

Three fathers sittiing in a pub.....

Father 1: I must be the worst father in the world, I was in my teenage daughters bedroom the other day and I found a carton of cigarettes under her bed.....How bad a father does that make me? I didn't even know she smoked.....

Father 2: Huh, you think that's bad. I was in my teenage daughters bedroom the other day and I found a bottle of scotch under her bed.....How bad a father does that make me? I didn't even know she drank.....

Father 3: Huh, you think that's bad. I was in my teenage daughters bedroom the other day and I found a box of condoms under her bad.....How bad a father does that make me? I didn't even know she was a bloke.....

Raistlin
15-12-2004, 00:43
lol, this again :p
Sorry, I guess you must get asked that a lot.

She's a nice looking girl, just had to ask :D

Cheers,

Raist.

Plonking
15-12-2004, 00:48
no worries! :) like i would ever mind getting asked about that :D

i'd rep you again for the compliment but i gave you one for the joke you posted a minute ago!

P

Raistlin
15-12-2004, 01:31

i'd rep you again for the compliment but i gave you one for the joke you posted a minute ago!

P
:LOL:

Tell you what, I'll give you a RP for being brave enough to post a picture of your attractive GF in a forum like this which attracts some of the most scurrilous naves that I have ever had the pleasure to meet :D (and also some of the nicest!)

daxx
15-12-2004, 01:32

P
sorted oyb

Raistlin
15-12-2004, 01:33
sorted oyb
:) Thanx.

Plonking
15-12-2004, 01:41
sorted oyb
cheers! :)

Plonking
15-12-2004, 01:43

Tell you what, I'll give you a RP for being brave enough to post a picture of your attractive GF in a forum like this which attracts some of the most scurrilous naves that I have ever had the pleasure to meet :D (and also some of the nicest!)
lol yeah, that's why i thought i would point out in my sig that she's not me, otherwise whenever i would ask for help i would get a certain kind of... special... treatment! :D

many people change their avatars regularly, but i think i have found my favourite! :D

P

Bifta
15-12-2004, 09:13
They're easy to find in Sainsbury's here too, curiously next to the baby section in the toiletries aisle, and a very good selection they have too.

ikthius
15-12-2004, 13:41
They're easy to find in Sainsbury's here too, curiously next to the baby section in the toiletries aisle, and a very good selection they have too.
Now I am thinking of Ian Paisley going for them now.......NNNnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo

ik

gary_580
15-12-2004, 13:55
But there's normally a pharmacy-type bit in the supermarket (they're usually with the aspirin :D ).

ahhh something for you and something for the girlfriend ;)

Escapee
15-12-2004, 15:26

I have lost count of the number of times I have put pound coins in the machine in a pub toilet and received no satisfaction!

Only because the damn thing was empty, and stole my money :mad:

I too found it difficult to find them in a very large Tescos store.

Stuart
15-12-2004, 16:04
Odd, when you consider that Babies are one possible result when a condom fails..

ntluser
15-12-2004, 16:41
:LOL: I can almost imagine the scene.

Actually, this reminds me of a joke........

Three fathers sittiing in a pub.....

Father 1: I must be the worst father in the world, I was in my teenage daughters bedroom the other day and I found a carton of cigarettes under her bed.....How bad a father does that make me? I didn't even know she smoked.....

Father 2: Huh, you think that's bad. I was in my teenage daughters bedroom the other day and I found a bottle of scotch under her bed.....How bad a father does that make me? I didn't even know she drank.....

Father 3: Huh, you think that's bad. I was in my teenage daughters bedroom the other day and I found a box of condoms under her bad.....How bad a father does that make me? I didn't even know she was a bloke.....

LOL. Nice one, Raistlin!! :D

greencreeper
15-12-2004, 17:52
I buy them in bulk - see here: http://www.freedoms-shop.com/index.html

Jason1
17-12-2004, 15:16
my emergency stop ends up been the blo*dy co-op they have them LOCKED in a free standing 4 foot cab. Quess where in front of the ciggie counter behind the supermarket tills!!! Thought that was bad then they have to tanoy someone to the counter to open the thing might as well say "public service announcement man by till buying jonnies"

TheBlueRaja
17-12-2004, 15:27
Heres a free pack on me - just dont think of TheBlueRaja when using them - or your mum :D.

http://www.durex.com/uk/brownie_points/freesample.asp

EDIT: Goes off to post this in the Freebies thread too.... :p:

Raistlin
17-12-2004, 17:04
my emergency stop ends up been the blo*dy co-op they have them LOCKED in a free standing 4 foot cab. Quess where in front of the ciggie counter behind the supermarket tills!!! Thought that was bad then they have to tanoy someone to the counter to open the thing might as well say "public service announcement man by till buying jonnies"

Makes me feel a bit better after all..........

Here's another joke (it's an old one...)

Q: What's the difference between a high quality tyre and 365 condoms?

A: One's a Goodyear, the other is a damn good year :D