PDA

View Full Version : compensation question ??????

paulyoung666
10-12-2004, 16:45
a few of you will know that i had a real bad accident over a year ago :disturbd: , the company i work for has now admitted liability , the letter i got does not say 50% , 75% or whatever , so do i assume that they have admitted 100% liability or not :confused: , has anyone had experience of this and could point me in the right direction !!!!!!!! :)

p.s. i have rung my solicitor but he isnt in till monday :(

Raistlin
10-12-2004, 16:52
a few of you will know that i had a real bad accident over a year ago :disturbd: , the company i work for has now admitted liability , the letter i got does not say 50% , 75% or whatever , so do i assume that they have admitted 100% liability or not :confused: , has anyone had experience of this and could point me in the right direction !!!!!!!! :)

p.s. i have rung my solicitor but he isnt in till monday :( I am not a legal expert but I will give you my opinion, on the understanding that you are getting professional legal advice anyway.

If the company have admitted liability then that should be the end of the story on that front. You are either liable or you are not liable.
The only way this could be any different is if they have stated in their letter that they are accepting liability but only for certain factors, or if they have stated clearly up to what point their liability will extend.

You may find that their limit of liability is included in your Terms and Conditions of employment, in which case this will probably preclude them from having to state these limits in any correspondance.

Like I say, this is only the way that I see it. Without knowing all of the facts it is difficult to give a full opinion. You are already consulting a solicitor so he/she will be able to advise you fully.

Whatever the outcome I sincerely hope that you get everything that you deserve and that the outcome is a favourable one.

Best of luck with your case.

Raist.

paulyoung666
10-12-2004, 16:55
thanks for that :tu: :)

homealone
10-12-2004, 18:16
I'm really pleased for you, Paul, I know its not been easy for you over the last year.

Let us know how you get on when you contact the solicitor on Monday :tu:

MetaWraith
10-12-2004, 18:24
glad to see that it looks like you might, at last, finally get some resolution over this.

paulyoung666
10-12-2004, 18:26
glad to see that it looks like you might, at last, finally get some resolution over this.

resolution g'teed , its just a question of how much :erm: :D :D :D

Earl of Bronze
10-12-2004, 20:39
AFAIK, as soon as liability is admitted, then you have the right to compensation. Getting in touch with you're solicitor is exactly the right course of action to take. I'm in the middle of a compensation claim with regard to the RTA I was in, in Feburary. While my solicitor has thus far recieved two offers, he has suggested I wait untill after 12 January and the psych consult :disturbd: he has arranged for me. Sometimes telling the truth isnt the best policy. :disturbd: :)

paulyoung666
13-12-2004, 18:28
well ............ i spoke to my solicitors secretary today and she confirmed that my employer has admitted 100% liability , so now the only question is how much , i had a chat with one of the top bods at work today ( one of the decent ones :tu: ) and he said now it has got this far that he expected an offer to be made pretty quickly , this backed up what the secretary said , so hopefully i will know pretty soon :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Chris
13-12-2004, 18:35
:tu: Nice to hear things are drawing towards a conclusion ... then hopefully you can put it behind you.

Mike
13-12-2004, 18:40
Good news this part has been sorted :tu:

homealone
13-12-2004, 19:19
Good news, Paul :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :D

- I don't know how these things work - is the offer they make negotiable? Who acts as the arbiter if you can't agree?

Of course, I bet you wish it never had to come to this, but I'm glad the worst is over - nice one :handshake

Nidge
13-12-2004, 19:24
Good news Paul, they could settle out of court to save them the court costs. 15 years ago I made a claim against British Coal they admitted 70% liability I got £65,000 out of court settlement my solicitor told me to accept it because if it went to court they could offer you less because of the costs.

paulyoung666
13-12-2004, 19:59
Good news, Paul :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :D

- I don't know how these things work - is the offer they make negotiable? Who acts as the arbiter if you can't agree?

Of course, I bet you wish it never had to come to this, but I'm glad the worst is over - nice one :handshake

thanks , i will have to wait and see what i am offered , tbh i dont think they are going to mess about as the last thing they will want is it going to court and the publicity that will ensue from it , so hopefully it wont take too long :tu:

Marge
13-12-2004, 21:25
Good Luck Paul with this, mine was over 3 years ago and I'm still waiting for my compo money but it seems to be reaching a conculsion. Can feel a nice holiday being booked sometime soon.

Listen to your solicitor and let him guide you, they are the experts after all :tu:

punky
13-12-2004, 21:39
well ............ i spoke to my solicitors secretary today and she confirmed that my employer has admitted 100% liability , so now the only question is how much , i had a chat with one of the top bods at work today ( one of the decent ones :tu: ) and he said now it has got this far that he expected an offer to be made pretty quickly , this backed up what the secretary said , so hopefully i will know pretty soon :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Glad to hear it mate. I wish you all the best and I hope you manage to do well out of it. :)

Paul
13-12-2004, 22:09
So, we know who's organising the next CF meet now - with free drinks as well :D