PDA

View Full Version : ntl employee but question about sky + !

legend
10-12-2004, 09:37
Hi all

Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong place, wasnt sure where to post :dunce:

I am an ntl employee but live in a non cabled area so I have sky digital. Want to upgrade to Sky +, but it suggests that its £149 for existing cust or £99 for a new cust?? Is that right? If so could i just cancel mu subscription and sign up using my partners details and benefit, or would there be some leeway on the phone......?

Thanks in advance

Chris :)

Chris
10-12-2004, 09:42
Well, as I'm sure you know if you work anywhere near NTL's retentions department, there's published offers, and there's what you can actually get out of them if you threaten to leave.... I cut my teeth at this lark years ago with Orange, way before there was any such thing as formal handset upgrade policies and you had to fight to get a new handset on your existing account for something less than about £300. The fact is, if you make enough noise, they will do you a deal. Personally, I would try your hardest to get a deal off them for your existing account before trying to sign your gf up instead ... I recently signed up with $ky as a new customer and they asked some pretty direct questions about whether I or my house had ever had them before.

You have nothing to lose ... be firm, but always polite. :)

Russ
10-12-2004, 09:43
Moved to Alternatives to ntl and Telewest :)

legend
10-12-2004, 09:51
Do'h, thanks russ :disturbd:

looks like i will give them a call later and see what I can negotiate ;)

Thanks all

Chris

Stephen
10-12-2004, 10:39
Try calling their retentions dept and say you will leave unless you can get it at the £99 offer.

scrotnig
10-12-2004, 12:50
In my experience, Sky are not very proactive with retentions. I know many customers who were openly trying to play ntl off against Sky, and when they rang Sky up, Sky said 'the only price available is the price you are currently paying'.

BT are like this too. For both companies, their near-monopolous position for many things means they are not interested in reducing profit margins on individual accounts.

No harm whatsoever in asking though!