PDA

View Full Version : Does/Did Your Sky Box Crash?

Neil
07-12-2004, 17:15
I know we have a lot of members who have Sky/Sky + here, & following on from a discussion that is taking place in the ntl DTV forum here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=21072&page=1&pp=15), I am interested to hear from current/past Sky subscribers as to the reliablilty od their STB-I.E. did it crash, & if so how often (roughly)?

Please don't start discussions about ntl in here, you can do that in the thread I've linked to above. :angel:

Thanks

N.

[Edit]-This thread is also not to discuss any other aspect of Sky-E.G. Customer Service etc, solely to discuss your Sky STB locking up (or not)

[Edit 2-For the sake of being equal, I will also post a similar poll in the ntl DTV forum, to get peoples votes on whether their ntl STB locks up (link to follow)

[Edit 3]-Link to ntl STB poll here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=21118).

Bifta
07-12-2004, 17:34
I've had 2 Sky STB's now, the Sony one I left in my previous house and the white Pace one I had installed around 18 months ago, I've never had to power cycle/reboot either of them

Paul
07-12-2004, 18:19
What do you mean by regularly & rarely ?

(my sky regularly locks up about once every two months)

paulyoung666
07-12-2004, 18:52
about once in a blue moon for me , touch wood , it is over 5 years old so it is going strong , soon to be replaced with a sky+ box i hope :D :D :D :D

Spurs007
07-12-2004, 19:15
Had this Pace box since Sky Digital came out, until recently crashes happened once a month or so, but the last few months no crash/freeze at all.

dilli-theclaw
07-12-2004, 19:37
My box has only crashed twice in the three years i've had it. Once when the bit (lnb?) on the dish failed and once when my boy was messing about with the cbeebies red button thing.

Daniel davies
08-12-2004, 02:12
had SKY + installed two months ago, its been the best thing since sliced bread ;)

punky
08-12-2004, 07:15
My old analogue Sky box never crashed as I can remember.

My old NTL 4000 box never crashed, unless you used P2P, interactive, the guide, or tried to change channels too quickly. Since I got my new silver one, it hasn't crashed yet, even with P2P going like billy-o. My old 2000 box was OK, didn't really crash, just went really slow.