PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling NTL services - Help!

Jesper
07-12-2004, 13:54
I am moving abroad and therefore want to cancel my NTL services (TV + telephone). As I had feared, this seems to be virtually impossible to do "the right way".

Initially my girlfriend called customer services to get an address to send a cancellation notice to. After being on hold for half an hour, the CS refused to give her an address because she wasn't the account holder, and the CS finally hung up on her. I couldn't be bothered to waste another half hour on contacting them myself, so I sent the cancellation letter to the contact address on the website, recorded delivery on 23. November.

Not surprisingly, I still haven't heard from them, so I called them this morning, and they didn't know anything about anything, but said they would have a look for the letter and call me back (yeah right!). Currently I'm being told there is a 30 mins queue.

I am leaving the country (permanently) in 16 days, so I really don't have time for this. My first thought is to just cancel the direct debit and send the set-top-box to some NTL address along with a letter telling who it's from, but where should I send it to, and is that a bad idea?

BTW, what is the right address to send a cancellation letter to when I live in Berkshire?

/Jesper :mad:

White Tiger
07-12-2004, 14:00
If you're leaving the country permanently, I'd just send them a turd in a box, by way of reciprocating their service.

Sorry, can't really offer any help.

Neil
07-12-2004, 14:02
*Sigh*

Same old, same old....:rolleyes:

The address you need to write to should be on your bill, being that you are running out of time, I would suggest you ring someone high up listed here: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/article.php?a=28

:welcome: to the site BTW. :)

Good luck, & let us know how you got on. :tu:

Chris W
07-12-2004, 14:16
Jesper- could you PM me some details please- name, account number, postcode and house number please and i'll have a look into this tomorrow for you.