PDA

View Full Version : Instalation problems!

kage
06-12-2004, 20:14
I had the modem installed about a WEEK ago. i tryed registering via the cd but it just wouldnt work. i phoned them up and they said there was something wrong with my computer and there was nothing they could do. i tryed registering without the cd but i got this msg wen i tryed
We are sorry but your order details are incomplete and we are unable to register your cable modem until the order has been completed. You will need to call our customer support team to complete your complete your order. Please contact our customer support on 0800 052 2000 for help.

What does this mean??? please help i loose all internet connections on the 13th December. :mad:

paulyoung666
06-12-2004, 20:50
hi and :welcome: to the site , there are some very useful ntl peeps on here who i am sure will be more than willing to help when they see your plea , hang around a bit :D :D :D

homealone
06-12-2004, 20:53
:welcome: to Cable Forum, kage.

there were issues recently, where there was a backlog on the registrations, but I thought it had been cleared.

I think all you can do is phone CS, as advised, and make sure your account is properly set up at their end.

In the meantime, how are you trying to connect - usb or ethernet?

<edit> & no - I don't work for ntl ;) but like Paul says, there are several helpful members around here, that do ;)

kage
06-12-2004, 20:53
Ok iv tried without the cd and it says my order information is not complete?? i really dont understand this and im starting to think its not worth it at all!

kage
06-12-2004, 20:54
usb. ethernet doesnt seem to work.

homealone
06-12-2004, 20:58
have to logout for a bit - back later, hope you get something sorted :)

maverick
06-12-2004, 23:17
I had the modem installed about a WEEK ago. i tryed registering via the cd but it just wouldnt work. i phoned them up and they said there was something wrong with my computer and there was nothing they could do. i tryed registering without the cd but i got this msg wen i tryed
We are sorry but your order details are incomplete and we are unable to register your cable modem until the order has been completed. You will need to call our customer support team to complete your complete your order. Please contact our customer support on 0800 052 2000 for help.

What does this mean??? please help i loose all internet connections on the 13th December. :mad:

This is probably an error with the registration data base,this should be easy to fix but you will need to contact tech support to do this for you.

homealone
06-12-2004, 23:27
usb. ethernet doesnt seem to work.

if you can get your network card shown as working in device manager, without the rj45 plugged in, the the problem may be the cable from pc to modem.

ethernet is the way to do it, not usb ;)

- and what maverick said ;)

kage
06-12-2004, 23:32
when i tryed using the cd it said cannot connect to your default gateway would this effect doing it without the cd???

homealone
06-12-2004, 23:48
when i tryed using the cd it said cannot connect to your default gateway would this effect doing it without the cd???

yes - what operating system are you using - win xp, 98, unix, etc ?

Marge
06-12-2004, 23:51
It's a problem on the account setup, if you want to pm me your details I can have a look tomorrow

homealone
07-12-2004, 00:00
It's a problem on the account setup, if you want to pm me your details I can have a look tomorrow

there's an :angel: ...

seriously kage, Debsy works for ntl & it's safe to send her your details - get a mod or admin to confirm that, if you have any further concerns ;)

Tezcatlipoca
07-12-2004, 00:06
Consider it confirmed :)

You can trust Debsy, kage.

kage
07-12-2004, 00:40
ok but what details do you need? list them please =)