PDA

View Full Version : Missing Ntl file for Internet

Sparks
05-12-2004, 18:29
I have sucessfully been using the internet via NTL B/band modem With win98se and USB1. I have got a new PC with winXP and USB2 and after installing ntl software i got access to the internet, but only once as now i keep getting the on screen message "Insert CD with Virtual Truck D:\installs\TeraUSB\VTruck2.
exe". This file is not on the NTL disc, any ideas?

Wakar
05-12-2004, 18:49
Hi Sparks,

Just out of curiosity are you using windows XP Home Edition or XP Pro ed. i had problems installing the NTL Software on my Toshiba Laptop with XP Home Edition. The laptop went back this morning for other reasons. It kept on stopping at 'checking Minimum Hardware Req's'.

Is that the the NTL software is incompatiable with XP Home Edition.

Ragards
Wakar

Sparks
05-12-2004, 19:10
Hi Waker
I'm using XP Home Edition and i think if i can get the said file it may work. I have to log off for today.
cheers
Sparks

quadplay
05-12-2004, 19:21
Go into the Start Menu, then All Programs, and then the Startup program group - if you can see VTAgentReboot.exe in there, right-click on it and delete it.

ian@huth
05-12-2004, 20:27
The only software that you need to install from the NTL disc are the USB drivers if you are going along the USB route but I would recommend ethernet rather than USB and then you wouldn't need the NTL disc at all. I would get rid of the Broadjump software if I was you, you don't need it.

Sparks
06-12-2004, 17:23
All sorted, did as you said jimbo I deleted the VTAgentReboot.exe which got rid of that. Then as you said ianathuth I installed the drivers.
Thanx everybody.

quadplay
06-12-2004, 22:35
Glad to know it's sorted :)

sarofeim
19-12-2004, 04:26
Hey everyone, im having problems with this VTAgentReboot thing, whenever i try to delete, it just comes back, i also tried to find it with my anti virus and can't find any thing, i also tried to into msconfig and check off VTAgentReboot but it always comes back when i restart. Can anyone help me??:confused:

Neil
19-12-2004, 09:06
Hey everyone, im having problems with this VTAgentReboot thing, whenever i try to delete, it just comes back, i also tried to find it with my anti virus and can't find any thing, i also tried to into msconfig and check off VTAgentReboot but it always comes back when i restart. Can anyone help me??:confused:

1) :welcome: to the site. :)

2) Look here (http://forums.pcmag.co.uk/thread.jsp?forum=17&thread=17377).

Enjoy the site. :D

Abbevillian
08-01-2005, 09:53
Hello!

This is the first time that I have used the forum and I just wanted to say thank you! :)

I have been having a problem with: vtruckreboot.exe too! :Yikes:

I had thought about deleting it but wasn't 100% sure that that was the right solution...so, I went to look for 'what is this program?' and I found you guys! ;)

Just wanted to say thanks..because I deleted it and now it is gone!! :tu:

A second opinion in this case definatly helped my poor pc with it's illness!!! :D

TTFN Abbev :p:

quadplay
08-01-2005, 14:46
Glad to know it's sorted. :)

EDIT: And :welcome: to Cable Forum!