PDA

View Full Version : Arg!

mikefoz
04-12-2004, 20:05
I'm sorry if this is repeating a hundred previous posts, but I'm getting really annoyed with NTL.

I started university in Cambridge last year (sept), and so got myself a 1Mb connection.
I ended for the year in June, and called up to cancel my account in early July, sent off proof of new address when I went back home and recieved that months bill for the 1Mb connection at the new address (uncabled area) and just thought this was normal.

On came sept '04 and I needed internet access again, and the people in my house decided that I will be responsible for cable TV also. I went for the 1Mb connection and lowest Cable TV package.
I was still recieving bills for my original BB connection after two months of the original connection, two months after the contracted year and four months after I arranged to cancel it. I called up and was promised to be sent a cheque. It's been over a month and that hasn't arrived.

I haven't had major any problems with my new BB bills. The first month I was charged £10 more than I owed, and it was apparantly put back.
However, I have just checked my latest bank statement, and over 7 days, NTL have taken out £144 in three payments (£11.03 , £37.99, £94.98) .

I called Customer services for an explination, and the woman was very rude. She assured me that NTL had only recieved payments of $47.49 for my services, and one of £94.98 when a month was apparantly missed. She did not understand how I was confused by the amounts my bank statement read, and how they differed to the NTL bills. I believe she was tring very had to make me hang up on her.
I also tried to sort out why the cheque I was promised did not arrive. She first said it was refused, then said it was already sent! Then she told me to call 0800 052 2620. They told me to call 0800 052 2000 again. I spoke to someone else, who also told me to call 0800 052 2620!

I really do feel NTL are messing me around. They have taken £114 off me illegally for one connection, and I am sure they are now taking more off me from my second connection.

Does anyone have some advice (other than horse tranquilisers)?

Cheers.

paulyoung666
04-12-2004, 20:39
hi and :welcome: to the site , to be fair i cant help you , this is just a little :bump: and hopefully someone will pop along and offer there help :) , enjoy your stay here it is a rather nice place to while away your time :D :D :D

andyl
04-12-2004, 23:48
My advice, for what it's worth, is to email your regional managing director (worked, albeit briefly, for me when I had previously unresolvable issues) and copy in aizad.hussain@ntl.com who is NTL: Home's national big cheese. The latter doesn't seem very interested but I figure the more of us that email him, the greater chance of NTL getting their act together.

PS.I'm guessing from CF's Knowledgebase that you're regionl MD is, and can be found at:

Managing Director, South Business Unit
Mr Chris Slattery
Telephone: 020 7746 4588
E-mail: chris.slattery@ntl.com

scrotnig
04-12-2004, 23:50
What region is the original poster in?

If it's an ICMS or Harmony region I can probably get this sorted.