PDA

View Full Version : Where's my gold clock then ?

iadom
04-12-2004, 11:12
I have just finished my morning calls and on entering the details in my books I have found that as of today I have been in the same job for 25 years. Do you think my boss should present me with a suitable token of gratitude on this memorable occasion. ;) :cool:

Maggy
04-12-2004, 11:42
I have just finished my morning calls and on entering the details in my books I have found that as of today I have been in the same job for 25 years. Do you think my boss should present me with a suitable token of gratitude on this memorable occasion. ;) :cool:

Now he may just think it's time you had your P45!!!I'd not make a fuss if I were you. ;)

paulyoung666
04-12-2004, 11:45
we get £250 where i work for 25 years , at the moment it feels as though we should get a lot more for all the hassle and bs we have to put up with :mad: :mad: :mad:

iadom
04-12-2004, 12:11
Now he may just think it's time you had your P45!!!I'd not make a fuss if I were you. ;)Thanks for that, I will have to be careful what I say the next time I find that I am talking to myself.:D

paulyoung666
04-12-2004, 12:13
Thanks for that, I will have to be careful what I say the next time I find that I am talking to myself.:D

bloody lunatic :D :D :D :D

Maggy
04-12-2004, 12:17
bloody lunatic :D :D :D :D

Too right!! :D

homealone
04-12-2004, 12:35
Congratulations Jim - as you are self employed I think you should award yourself the appropriate alcoholic beverage & a slap up meal :tu:

iadom
04-12-2004, 13:38
Congratulations Jim - as you are self employed I think you should award yourself the appropriate alcoholic beverage & a slap up meal :tu:
That sounds like a good idea, pity I will have to pay for it, on the other hand I could increase my exceedingly low service charges to cover it.:)

paulyoung666
04-12-2004, 13:40
That sounds like a good idea, pity I will have to pay for it, on the other hand I could increase my exceedingly low service charges to cover it.:)

have you tried talking to yourself about it , it might be quite interesting :D :D :D :D

Theodoric
04-12-2004, 13:55
A gold clock! I think you'll find that a rather less expensive gold watch is more general. And do you really want to draw attention to the fact that after 25 years you are now old, grey, decrepit, vastly overpaid and could well be replaced by a much cheaper, spotty-faced youngster?

PS I've read the bit further down about you being self employed. :)

paulyoung666
04-12-2004, 14:23
A gold clock! I think you'll find that a rather less expensive gold watch is more general. And do you really want to draw attention to the fact that after 25 years you are now old, grey, decrepit, vastly overpaid and could well be replaced by a much cheaper, spotty-faced youngster?

PS I've read the bit further down about you being self employed. :)

whoops :disturbd: :disturbd: :D :D :D

Theodoric
04-12-2004, 14:39
whoops :disturbd: :disturbd: :D :D :D
Ah, have I got his current appearance wrong? I was basing it on mine after 25 years at work. :)

Escapee
04-12-2004, 16:00

ntl used to give a persistance award for 25 years :D

iadom
04-12-2004, 17:49
And do you really want to draw attention to the fact that after 25 years you are now old, grey, decrepit, vastly overpaid and could well be replaced by a much cheaper, spotty-faced youngster?

:)
Thinking about it the only truth in there is the old bit. and as for vastly overpaid............ I wish.:)

iadom
04-12-2004, 17:56
Ah, have I got his current appearance wrong? I was basing it on mine after 25 years at work. :)
More like 42 years, only the last 25 in business on my own, but apart from admitting to old, I have a very good head of hair with only the slightest hint of ( distinguished ) grey, play squash 3 or 4 times a week and thanks to Gordon Brown I can see my planned early retirement vanishing before my eyes. :p:

sir_drinks_alot
04-12-2004, 18:04
why not have a 25th anniversary party for all your workers ;)

iadom
04-12-2004, 18:33
why not have a 25th anniversary party for all your workers ;)
All sorted, as I am a sole trader I have had to ask the wife to accompany me to Bertoni's, a small but very nice Italian restaurant which has the added attraction of being within walking distance. :cool:

Theodoric
04-12-2004, 18:52
More like 42 years, only the last 25 in business on my own, but apart from admitting to old, I have a very good head of hair with only the slightest hint of ( distinguished ) grey, play squash 3 or 4 times a week and thanks to Gordon Brown I can see my planned early retirement vanishing before my eyes. :p:
I can only claim a hint of darkness in my almost total grey. I last played squash, oh, a long time ago. If I played it now, I'd probably have a heart attack!

homealone
04-12-2004, 19:04
All sorted, as I am a sole trader I have had to ask the wife to accompany me to Bertoni's, a small but very nice Italian restaurant which has the added attraction of being within walking distance. :cool:

enjoy !

- I will raise a glass on your behalf, as well :tu:

(although mine is S. African rather than Chianti or Valpolicella ;) )

iadom
04-12-2004, 19:13
enjoy !

- I will raise a glass on your behalf, as well :tu:

(although mine is S. African rather than Chianti or Valpolicella ;) )
I thank you.:tu:

Can vouch for the charms of a nice Barola.