PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning your mobile

Bifta
23-08-2003, 20:58
Help! :( I have a Sony/Ericsson T610 and the perspex/plastic (whatever) screen has become scratched (lot's of little scratches), is there some way of rubbing down the plastic and getting rid of these without ruining it?

Ramrod
23-08-2003, 21:22
I found this site (http://www.reviewcentre.com/forum57.html) which might be able to offer help:shrug:

Russ
23-08-2003, 21:29
There's a product you can get from places like Halfords called 'Armorite Trim/Bumper Cleaner' - I used it on my nephew's Gameboy screen which was scratched and it came up looking quite good :)

Bifta
23-08-2003, 22:51
We unfortunately don't have a Halfords near us, there might be one in Belfast but that's a good 90 minutes away by car, I was wondering if there was some alternative, I heard some feller cleaned his using toothpaste but I'm a bit dubious about squirting a pile of colgate on a new mobile phone.

Russ
23-08-2003, 22:55
You can usually find the stuff in any decent petrol station. Without wishing to sound argumentative, I assume you have one of those locally... :)

a4pacific
23-08-2003, 23:33
Use Brasso, liquid you use to clean brass stuff.

Lord Nikon
24-08-2003, 00:01
if the covers are changeable......

Bifta
24-08-2003, 00:10
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
if the covers are changeable......

They're not and the replacement housings are over 30 quid and in very VERY short supply (the manufacturer can't even supply them at this present time)

zoombini
24-08-2003, 13:11
At you own risk, yes you can use the likes of Brasso etc.
A cleaning material that cointains smal abrasive bits or even that horrible toothpaste that contains baking powder etc.

However it does take an awful lot of rubbing & I mean a LOT!
Especially to get Perspex clear again.

For a mobile it would be best to remove it from the rest of the phone so that you do not get it in all the gaps, or perhaps use masking tape to cover the rest of it first.

homealone
24-08-2003, 13:43
couple of other suggestions - at your own risk!

There is a product called "Crystal Disc" available - used for removing scratches on CD's - and apparently the car paint restorer called "T Cut" will do the same.

paulyoung666
24-08-2003, 13:55
how about jewellers rouge , it is used for removing scratches on watch faces , i would be very careful about using any liquid chemical as it may cloud the screen , then again be very careful full stop :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: