PDA

View Full Version : Messing my pay up

Russ
02-12-2004, 22:28
As some of you might know, my day job is with BT Broadband Wholesale. The condition of my employment is that my first 3 months is handled by Manpower after which BT takes over.

Since I've been there hardly a week goes by without Manpower messing up my pay. It took them 5 weeks to sort out my p45, then they told me they'd lost it. I gave them a p46 instead, they lost that too. I had to take the matter in to my own hands and submit a p46 myself, and sending it recorded delivery to Manpower Head Office. All this meant I was stuck paying emergency tax for longer than I should have.

Last friday I checked my balance and found out I was not paid anything. Apparently I was "overlooked" for payment although they managed to wire me some money the same day.

I phoned my bank tonight to find out how much was going in tomorrow and I'm only having 3 quarters of what it should be.

In 3 weeks my pay goes over to BT and hopefully all this will stop but does anyone know if I can take action against Manpower for all the times they've messed up my pay? I don't really want to get in to a discussion about how crap Manpower are as we all know that, I just want to be paid correctly.

Tricky
02-12-2004, 22:35
A lot of agencies are poor at payroll they supply meat (the bodies) to do the job, invoice the company and then sometimes remember to pay you. Emergency Tax - Nice, just think though you'll get a nice cheque (if you ask for one) otherwise they'll give you more credit for next year.

Paul K
03-12-2004, 06:31
Think yourself lucky, just prior to relocating to Essex I changed contracts where I used to work and my tax code was messed up due to my old employers holding onto our paperwork till the last second. This was in June and I relocated about a month after changing contracts, after a few weeks looking for work I started working at the college I'm currently at and filled in all the forms and handed in my tax forms. I'm now waiting to find out if finally I will be put onto the correct tax code this month after having to call the tax office to find out what has been going on, for some reason my tax records were still being held in the wrong tax office so they couldn't be altered :( This will be my 5th monthly pay packet on what ammounts to emergency tax.

Escapee
03-12-2004, 07:45
You could be in the situation like a guy I worked with.

His name was Gareth Jones, and he was earning about 15K, he ended up paying tax and NI on his 15K and was also paying tax for another Gareth Jones in Scotland who was earning about 25K............ due to a tax office co**-up over NI numbers.

It took the tax office a few months to sort it out, if he didn't have any savings to rely on he would of been in real trouble. :shocked:

swoop101
03-12-2004, 07:55
Russ, if you have accrued any bank charges due to the incompetence of the pay office you can claim these back. Other than that you should write a letter of complaint to the senior management (after your pay has changed over) to inform them that their pay system is poo.