PDA

View Full Version : Internet Problem

MikeH
23-08-2003, 17:57
Hello.

When i get disconnected from the internet (im dialup) , the following box pops up:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mobile.videos/Mike/reconnect.jpg

How can i turn this feature off? i do not want this box to appear when i get disconnected!

Thanks,

Mike

paulyoung666
23-08-2003, 18:02
hi MikeH , you on dial up are you ??????????
does it make any difference to you getting that message ?????
if it does why does it , just wondering that was all
:D :D :D :D
btw welcome to the site :D :D :D :D

MikeH
23-08-2003, 18:58
Originally posted by paulyoung666
hi MikeH , you on dial up are you ??????????
does it make any difference to you getting that message ?????
if it does why does it , just wondering that was all
:D :D :D :D
btw welcome to the site :D :D :D :D

Hey Paul. I am not to sure whether this box has anything to do with me on dialup or not im afraid. I was just drawing attention to the fact that im on dialup just to cover all queries to my problem in advance... Obviously i get disconnected every 2 hours, and thats when this box comes up. Since on cable/dsl u do not get disconnected every 2 hours, im not sure if broadand users would ever hav this problem i am having..

Cheers :)

Mike

albone
23-08-2003, 21:13
Hi there, if you are on BB all you get if the server is dropped is 'cannot find server' on the web page indicator! But from my days of dial up, I remember that message only all to well!
Happened a lot too often in the oldern days, but thanks to bb thats not the case anymore for me now. May pay you to go the bb way! then you won't get it anymore, and you'l wonder how you managed before!:shrug:

trebor
23-08-2003, 21:29
is this relevant ( if this long link works)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q148/6/38.asp&NoWebContent=1

trebor
23-08-2003, 21:31
mmmmm thats not the full link, but it seems to work

MadGamer
24-08-2003, 10:13
You may have to take the cable out of the phone jack, then reinsert it and see what happens. If not let me know who your ISP is and ill suggest what to do

Lord Nikon
24-08-2003, 12:17
There should be options under your dialup connection to "Redial if connection is dropped"

If you uncheck this it should stop prompting you to reconnect

MadGamer
07-09-2003, 10:04
Or you could try reinstalling your software :D

Bifta
07-09-2003, 13:30
Originally posted by WNA
You may have to take the cable out of the phone jack, then reinsert it and see what happens. If not let me know who your ISP is and ill suggest what to do

Probably best if you don't suggest anything, the last few threads I've looked at seem to have responses from you that make very little sense.

paulyoung666
07-09-2003, 14:33
Originally posted by Bifta
Probably best if you don't suggest anything, the last few threads I've looked at seem to have responses from you that make very little sense.

no need mate , even if his suggestion is not worthy in your opinion , then you dont need to diss the guy like that , say sorry :Peace:

MadGamer
07-09-2003, 16:01
Sorry:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

paulyoung666
07-09-2003, 16:04
Originally posted by WNA
Sorry:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

what you saying sorry for , it was Bifta that annoyed me not you
:p

mike i cant see how you can stop this , but i will keep on looking :)

MikeyB
07-09-2003, 16:12
Originally posted by MikeH
<snip>
How can i turn this feature off? i do not want this box to appear when i get disconnected!

Thanks,

Mike

Well what do you want to happen when you get disconnected?????

I used to get that when I was on dial-up when I got disconnected, my Mum does to on BT internet.
It's Windows telling you what has happend.

The only option I can see to turn this off (I guess you're using XP or 2000) is the "Redial if line is dropped" option in the dial-up settings, I think that is what causes that message to be shown, but I don't know what happens if you turn that off, you may just get a different message!

Lord Nikon
07-09-2003, 16:56
The other option is stop using the NTL dialer and use the windows one...

the problem arises when you disconnect using the NTL dialer option, Windows dialer only sees the connection was lost and asks if you want to reconnect assuming a line error.

All you need to do is transfer the settings for the NTL dialer (phone number, username and password) into the windows dialer and use that instead.