PDA

View Full Version : What excuse would you give?

Paul K
02-12-2004, 15:32
Saw this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/4061893.stm) and it made me chuckle ;)

Shock from seeing an alien ship was one of a whole host of far-fetched excuses offered by speeding motorists trying to avoid penalty points and fines.

Bemused staff at the Northumbria Safety Camera Partnership say many drivers believe if they come up with an elaborate excuse they will be let off.

They have compiled a top 10 of the most ridiculous claims from speeding drivers including rushing to see dying pets.
Here are a few excuses given by motorists who were caught by speed cameras..

I passed out after seeing UFOs
A jet over-head, not me, triggered the camera
I had a severe bout of diarrhoea
A gust of wind pushed me over the limit
I had to rush my dying hamster to the vet's.
Mmm a bout of diarrhoea after seeing aliens being chased by a jet, followed by a gust of wind which led to a dead hamster.... could happen I suppose :erm: ;)

Earl of Bronze
02-12-2004, 18:18
I wouldnt give an excuse, if I was caught no camera exceeding the speed limit, then I'll pay the fine......

Breaking the law, and getting caught doing so.......... though s**t. :rolleyes:

Paul K
02-12-2004, 18:35
I wouldnt give an excuse, if I was caught on camera exceeding the speed limit, then I'll pay the fine......

Breaking the law, and getting caught doing so.......... tough s**t. :rolleyes:
You won't get an argument from me on that, if you break the law then you have to face the fact that if caught you will have to pay one way or the other. Just makes you wonder how claiming to see a UFO is supposed to help your case :erm:

Mr_love_monkey
02-12-2004, 18:38
Just makes you wonder how claiming to see a UFO is supposed to help your case :erm:

I guess you could always have claim that you were caught in the slipstream from the ufo....