PDA

View Full Version : Help with modem connection.

NEONKNIGHT
23-08-2003, 11:02
I've read the 'useful xbox info' for a direct connection of the xbox to a silver modem which is connected by ethernet cable. Just to clarify that I'm thinking right is this basically what I need to do:-

(1) Get the mac address of the NIC

(2) Input the mac into the xbox

Have not included all the steps eg power down xbox/modem but is the above correct? I'm waiting on a hub and other bits to be delivered so that I can use the xbox and PC at the same time eventually.

Cheers.

Jarandco
23-08-2003, 11:08
Yes that is correct thats what i do but when u use your hub i think the settings may have to be slightly different but not to sure..

NEONKNIGHT
23-08-2003, 11:14
Originally posted by Jarandco
Yes that is correct thats what i do but when u use your hub i think the settings may have to be slightly different but not to sure..

They probably will be M8, this is just for a stop-gap, while waiting on other equipment.

Cheers ;)

Tezcatlipoca
23-08-2003, 13:11
Neon,

Yeah, that's basically right m8.

Hub? A hub *won't* let you use the XBox & PC online at the same time - unless you subscribe to NTL's Broadband & Console rip-off service at £5/month. Best thing to do is get a router for ~£50.

Tez

NEONKNIGHT
23-08-2003, 15:25
Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca
Neon,

Yeah, that's basically right m8.

Hub? A hub *won't* let you use the XBox & PC online at the same time - unless you subscribe to NTL's Broadband & Console rip-off service at £5/month. Best thing to do is get a router for ~£50.

Tez

Right, will do - thanks Tez. ;)