PDA

View Full Version : dreamcast

kronas
23-08-2003, 02:44
maybe an old console but do any of you lot still have yours got mine out and some fun on it

ive got 2 dc's a couple of vmu's yes the offical ones and a load of games my favorite games are shenmue 1 and 2 soul calibur DOA2
headhunter sega bass fishing UFC

its still an excellent console its a shame it failed it showed real promise and is still up to the high standards of graphics and gameplay we see today even though its now quite an old console

TigaSefi
23-08-2003, 02:51
You know why it died ? Take a look at yourself and imagine you are bashing the DC instead of the GC..... :D

kronas
23-08-2003, 02:53
Originally posted by TigaSefi
You know why it died ? Take a look at yourself and imagine you are bashing the DC instead of the GC..... :D

you cannot compaire them both first of all the DC had a mixed library of games for all ages though it never had enough of the AAA releases it needed to progress

TigaSefi
23-08-2003, 03:03
So yeah it had a lack of AAA games which u complain the GC doesn't have either, as the ones it has are too kiddie according to you.

kronas
23-08-2003, 03:07
Originally posted by TigaSefi
So yeah it had a lack of AAA games which u complain the GC doesn't have either, as the ones it has are too kiddie according to you.

if you havent noticed this is a dremacast thread............

GC does not have AAA titles that i and the majorty like but in the gaycube's own list it has its big titles as every console does its flagship titles

Tricky
24-08-2003, 10:55
IMO The DC died due to the simple security method used to protect games, what a dream (no pun) boot from a boot disk stick your copy of a game in the CD drive and away you go. No warrenty problems, no soldering irons etc. I remember going to computer shows when and seeing DC games at 4 for £10. No one would continue to develop in this market.

But MSR rocks...Thankfully PGR on XBOX is somewhere close...

Defiant
24-08-2003, 12:16
Originally posted by Tricky
IMO The DC died due to the simple security method used to protect games, what a dream (no pun) boot from a boot disk stick your copy of a game in the CD drive and away you go. No warrenty problems, no soldering irons etc. I remember going to computer shows when and seeing DC games at 4 for £10. No one would continue to develop in this market.

But MSR rocks...Thankfully PGR on XBOX is somewhere close...

Sorry but if you know what your doing you dont even need a bootcd and the DC games could only be backed up by getting a cable which attachs your DC to PC as the CDs for the DC were 1GB. I think they were designed by Yamaha

Lord Nikon
24-08-2003, 12:30
not forgetting bleemcast, which allowed the DC to play PS games :D

ic14
04-09-2003, 13:50
God this is the latest reply ever but I just for a laugh tried to go online on Quake 3 on the dreamcast,

Guess what? It worked!

Apperently it uses gamespys Q3 list, and since PC gamers can play againest DC owners, theres plenty off games,

I think i might go back on in a while....