PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling all services

jamie.benning
01-12-2004, 11:42
I am moving to a non cabled area soon and I need to cancel my NTL services (BB, Phone, TV).

I have read several threads on this forum about cancellation problems. None of them seem to give any conclusions on the best way to go about it. I am currently on hold, 57 mins so far. I have been moved to cancellations dept, then movers dept, now back to cancellations. They are all ignoring the fact that I am moving to a non servicable area and seem to have been primed to ignore anything I say about the cancellation......

I have now given up after 1 hour and 8 mins!

Any help would be appreaciated.

Jamie

orangebird
01-12-2004, 11:47
Hi Jamie,

Which number are you calling?

Neil
01-12-2004, 11:48
Write to them at the address on your bill, & make sure you send it via recorded delivery.

jamie.benning
01-12-2004, 11:59
I called 150. Then I was told to call 0800 052 0243. From here I got passed from dept to dept, with all of them ignoring my request. When I mentioned the fact that I had already spoken to each dept at least once, I was ingnored and simply put back to 'please pick an option'.

So, I am going to write a letter and send it recorded delivery whilst at the same time cancelling my direct debit.

Jamie

jamie.benning
01-12-2004, 12:00
Ah! One problem, there isn't an address on my bill. I am in Cambridge, any ideas?

orangebird
01-12-2004, 12:15
Ah! One problem, there isn't an address on my bill. I am in Cambridge, any ideas?

Jamie, if you can pm me your a/c no. and home phone number, I'll try and push this thorugh for you - I know there are severe 'issues' getting through to disconnections/customer relations at the moment.

th'engineer
01-12-2004, 12:19
Can't fault you there OB, if anyone can get it sorted you can.

And yes its a complement

jamie.benning
01-12-2004, 12:20
PM'd

Many Thanks

Neil
01-12-2004, 12:21
Jamie, if you can pm me your a/c no. and home phone number, I'll try and push this thorugh for you - I know there are severe 'issues' getting through to disconnections/customer relations at the moment.

Just to let you know Jamie-Orangebird works for ntl, & can be totally trusted with the information you supply. :tu:

jamie.benning
01-12-2004, 12:23
Thanks guys!

Neil
01-12-2004, 12:24
Can't fault you there OB, if anyone can get it sorted you can.

And yes its a complement

:LOL: th'engineer-orangebird admirer :LOL:

th'engineer
01-12-2004, 13:02
:LOL: :LOL:
Your not suggesting anything are you Neil:D

jamie.benning
06-12-2004, 11:08
I am still having problems getting NTL representatives to take notice of my wish to cancel all services.

So, whilst I wait for OB to do his magic I want to send a letter (recorded delivery) to NTL. Does anyone have any idea of an address to send it to? I live in cambridge.

Thanks in advance.
Jamie

orangebird
06-12-2004, 11:10
I am still having problems getting NTL representatives to take notice of my wish to cancel all services.

So, whilst I wait for OB to do his magic I want to send a letter (recorded delivery) to NTL. Does anyone have any idea of an address to send it to? I live in cambridge.

Thanks in advance.
Jamie

Sorry Jamie, I'm having real problems with this. Anyone in CS on here that can look into this?

Jamie - I'll pm you the contact details for the MD of your region in the meantime.

jamie.benning
06-12-2004, 13:34
Is there a particular problem with my account?

orangebird
06-12-2004, 13:49
Is there a particular problem with my account?
God, no. Getting through to anywhere in Customer Relations has been like rocking horse poo the past couple of weeks. I can't access your account, but thought that I could take the hassle out of you trying to get through all the time. Apparently, I can't. I'll keep trying though... :erm:

jamie.benning
06-12-2004, 15:53
I really appreciate it, thanks. In the meantime that address would be great. I am moving out of the house on saturday and I am really annoyed that despite my attempts to cancel, I will be paying for NTL 'services' for another month.

Thanks
Jamie

Neil
06-12-2004, 17:29
I really appreciate it, thanks. In the meantime that address would be great. I am moving out of the house on saturday and I am really annoyed that despite my attempts to cancel, I will be paying for NTL 'services' for another month.

Thanks
Jamie

The address to write to is on your bill.

Failing that, if you get nowhere-take a look here: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/article.php?a=28

jamie.benning
07-12-2004, 09:55
Thanks all.

I actually ended up speaking to a CS representative at NTL last night (the cancellations dept were closed!) and she suggested that I write to the address on my bill (complaints) and remove my direct debits.

I have copied the same letter to the local MD, lets hope this things doesn't continue!

Jamie

jamie.benning
07-12-2004, 12:39
NTL CS went one better this morning. It's been engaged since 930am!

J

jamie.benning
09-12-2004, 00:11
Finally got an email from NTL (Vas) saying that he was passing on my request. Two days later, I got a call of apology and a confirmation that my account is now cancelled - hooray!

Thanks for all you help and advice.

J

jamie.benning
11-01-2005, 10:19
Ok, its been a while. But yesterday (10th Jan) a guy finally came to pick up my STB and modem.

I have also been promised that my account has been manually altered to account for the cancellation I attempted again and again in Nov.

Still no final bill - but fingers crossed.

I cn't believe it's taken THIS long!

poolking
11-01-2005, 10:32
So this is the fun I'll have to go through when I cancel my DTV service. :D

STONEISLAND
11-01-2005, 10:35
This is quiet scary reading for NTL customers :tired: :Yikes:

leemel
25-01-2005, 16:03
Scary reading...I've been through exactly the same scenario as this.
Threatening letters, demands for payment, everything.
Thing is, ntl owe me money.
They won't send a cheque out in a reasonable time, depending on who you speak to in CS, depends on what they can do.
I'm getting to the stage that each time they send a letter, I send one back.
This is ridiculous, and a company the size of ntl should be ashamed of the way that they are messing their customers about.
I've written to Aizad Hussain to find out what is happening with this saga. I've had no sense from anyone that I've dealt with.
Tried calling disconnections as the lady in CS advised...despite calling them to set up the disconnection and anything that they have touched has turned to brown stuff...guess what, it's engaged.
Bunch of numptys.

Neil
25-01-2005, 16:38
I've written to Aizad Hussain to find out what is happening with this saga. I've had no sense from anyone that I've dealt with.
Don't expect any sense from him either-that's if you even get a reply from him....:rolleyes:

leemel
25-01-2005, 16:45
I'm getting more sense talking to the dog in all honesty.
My 4 year old could run a company better than this shower of incompetent muppets.
I pity anyone that has to work or be a customer of a company headed up by such a poor management team.

leemel
01-02-2005, 17:25
Ok..tried several times to get this sorted.
Still no refund.
Still no letters to state that NTL have made a mistake in involving Debt Collectors.
Still got a set top box.
Should I stick it on Ebay, and write off the debt ntl have with me against the proceeds of that?