PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Burglary Scam

carlingman
30-11-2004, 23:32
Well one to watch for incase it spreads during the festive season.

6.30ish tonight a knock on the door, downstairs lights were off as I was in on me own working on the PC in the upstairs back room of the house.

Answered the door to a 14 years old chav looking kid asking me rather shakily did I want to but some Holly, so I replied maybe where is it and he made a beeline back to a Van parked nearby with an older youth stating that they did not have any with them but were taking orders and asked when I would next be in and what time was best etc etc.

Declined to give any details and told them not interested.

Two hours later took the dog out for a walk and noticed the same young lad and the same van parked up in a driveway to a house some five doors away from myself and as I neared the young kid started whistling the theme tune from The Bill (no points there for originality).

Did not take a genius to work out what was going on so I called the dog turned around and walked back straight to me house and phoned the Police.

Within about 10 minutes the Police arrived with discretion no sirens or lights and arrested both of them for burglary.

Nice tactful ploy knock door see if anyoneââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s home case the joint and then burgle the place, apparently the copper reckons there have been 8 of these in the last 2 days.

:D

sir_drinks_alot
30-11-2004, 23:56
good work carlingman !!! :)

bopdude
01-12-2004, 00:04
good work carlingman !!! :)
Ditto :tu: the neck on some of them :mad:

sir_drinks_alot
01-12-2004, 00:26
here a new smilie just for you http://home.ripway.com/2003-2/171/detective.gif

Nidge
01-12-2004, 05:05
Well done chap. :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Escapee
01-12-2004, 07:42
Carlingman you nasty guy!

Those poor unfortunates were probably from a broken home and had no other way to earn a crust. The court will probably let them off lightly because they were only stealing to feed their 93 year old grandmothers heroin addiction. :D

I'm not sure about your area, but a lot of that sort of crime around here now are peopel from England coming here, because there is less chance of getting caught in this area.

Bill C
01-12-2004, 07:53
I'm not sure about your area, but a lot of that sort of crime around here now are people from England coming here, :nono:

You will be burning people out of there cottages next :mad:

That comment has made you the first ever person to be added to my ignore list

Florence
01-12-2004, 08:27
you nasty guy!

<snip>

Well whats left above must just about fit.

There are good and bad in all regardless of what country they come from. I would also say that the remarks are of a racist nature. Wouldn't be surprised if some feel inclined to red rep you I will just decide your input is very one sided and perhaps your ignorance. :td:

Bill C
01-12-2004, 08:41
Well whats left above must just about fit.

There are good and bad in all regardless of what country they come from. I would also say that the remarks are of a racist nature. Wouldn't be surprised if some feel inclined to red rep you I will just decide your input is very one sided and perhaps your ignorance. :td:
Glad to see i was not the only one to see it that way :)

etccarmageddon
01-12-2004, 08:48
well done Carlingman - shame they didnt tangle with your dog though!

SOSAGES
01-12-2004, 09:13
most say very impressive of u to recognise the bill theme tune.

Ramrod
01-12-2004, 09:36
Nice one Carlingman :tu:

MetaWraith
01-12-2004, 10:23
Nice one there Carlingman, it's good to see someone with common sense doing their civic duty. Even better to see the police actually treat your call as worthwhile and do theirs too. We had a similar situation here last year, only the police didnt turn up untill 2 and half hours later. Perps were long gone.

Escapee
01-12-2004, 10:26
Glad to see i was not the only one to see it that way :)

It is a fact that we are having a spree of crime burgulary and car thefts included from people coming over the bridge!

What is racist or anti-english about that?

If it's a fact surely I am not being nasy in reporting such a thing, there are criminals in Wales and criminals in England I am not saying England has a higher percentage. The police in the Bristol area have clamped down on certain types of crime, this has made it far less likely for the criminals to be caught if they come into Wales to carry out these crimes, but more likely to be caught if they are carried out in their own area.

What is wrong with me reporting those facts?

PS: Is this yet another case of someone here trying to twist what I say!

Bifta
01-12-2004, 10:32
It is a fact that we are having a spree of crime burgulary and car thefts included from people coming over the bridge!

If it's a fact surely I am not being nasy in reporting such a thing, there are criminals in Wales and criminals in England I am not saying England has a higher percentage. The police in the Bristol area have clamped down on certain types of crime, this has made it far less likely for the criminals to be caught if they come into Wales to carry out these crimes, but more likely to be caught if they are carried out in their own area.

I read what you originally posted, I didn't see anything particularly prejudiced about it so I'm inclined to think that you're right, I'd ignore them if I were you.

danielf
01-12-2004, 10:49

I don't see anything wrong with it either. It could easily be the other way round. Criminals will search out those places where they are least likely to be caught. The fact that this is just over the bridge doesn't make it racist to report the facts. You didn't make any remark about there being any more burglars among the English after all.

Stephen
01-12-2004, 11:10
well done that man.

Halcyon
01-12-2004, 11:23
Good work.
People like this spoil Christmas for everyone !!!