PDA

View Full Version : What can I expect

Earl of Bronze
30-11-2004, 22:21
As I'm sure many on the site are aware, I and a number of others where involved in a Road Traffic Accident in Feburary this year.

Well, my friend, who was driving the car at the time made his first apperance in court reciently. At this apperance he was told that he was to face one charge of causing 'Death by Dangerous Driving', and one charge of causing 'Grevious Bodily Harm by Dangerous Driving'. All in all, the thought of standing up in court and giving evidence concering 'that night' is playing on my mind somewhat.......

Seeing as this case will see my first time in a courtroom. Is there anyone here who can clue me up on what may happen. The tought of having to relive the accident in an open court isnt my idea of a fun afternoon.

Many thanks.

EoB....

bopdude
30-11-2004, 23:02
Sorry mate, I know nothing of what happened but have a little :erm: experience in court ( nothing major ) All I can say is stand up, say your piece, as best you can, and above all be clear in what you say.

Not much use to you, I know, but chin up, they're only human like us :tu:

carlingman
30-11-2004, 23:22
Normally you can request a walk around and look at the court and a detailed explanation fo what will happen on the day will be offered.

This will only apply to witnesses etc and in your tragic circumstances I guess this is why you are being called.

Harrowing as it may be unfortunately I think they will be looking for an account of exactl what happened but in cases like these they should have compassion in their minds and you will be given plenty of time and breaks if it all gets too much etc.

Contact your brief or the court and ask for the tour as it will help and alleviate some concerns you have.

Earl of Bronze
12-12-2004, 01:27
Thanks for the replies bopdude, and carlingman.

I was talking to my friend who was driving the car we where in the night of the acident, he was in court on Friday. His court case starts on the 1st of Feburary 2005. So we've only to wait another 7 weeks or so, untill it starts again. :(

paulyoung666
12-12-2004, 08:40
assuming it is magistrates then it is no big deal , i was surprised when i went to the case against my employer , pm me if you like :)

Nidge
12-12-2004, 09:51
As I'm sure many on the site are aware, I and a number of others where involved in a Road Traffic Accident in Feburary this year.

Well, my friend, who was driving the car at the time made his first apperance in court reciently. At this apperance he was told that he was to face one charge of causing 'Death by Dangerous Driving', and one charge of causing 'Grevious Bodily Harm by Dangerous Driving'. All in all, the thought of standing up in court and giving evidence concering 'that night' is playing on my mind somewhat.......

Seeing as this case will see my first time in a courtroom. Is there anyone here who can clue me up on what may happen. The tought of having to relive the accident in an open court isnt my idea of a fun afternoon.

Many thanks.

EoB....

Just tell it how it happend, you are not the one on trial. Being honest in Court is a big thing nowdays. You'll be ok honest have a good feed in the morning before you go to Court, take your time when answering questions, always look at the Magistrates when answering questions from the prosecution or defence, be smart and clean shaven it all goes for you.