PDA

View Full Version : Service Down?!

sneaky
30-11-2004, 21:35
Hiya my first post as im really after some help

I have an NTL 1.5mb service in Hatfield, Hertfordshire and since i got home from work this evening i have been unable to get online.

The d/s light on the modem flashes for about 30 seconds and then the sync and ready lights come on for 5 seconds and then it reboots.

I have never had this problem before and the service status page on the NTL site does not show my as an affected area of planned outages

Can anyone please shed some light as to what could be wrong!??

Thanks everyone

Tezcatlipoca
30-11-2004, 21:42
:welcome:

Have you tried phoning Tech Support? They're open until midnight - 0845 650 0121

Also, there are several ntl employees here at CF, so hopefully one of them will see your thread & be able to offer some help :)

sneaky
30-11-2004, 21:43
I havnt yet incase there was something i could do on my end

has anyone had this problem before- if so what has the problem been - the modem or service or something else i havnt thought of?

Mick
30-11-2004, 22:10
How are you connecting to the service, USB or Ethernet? Have you shut down the PC whilst you powered down the modem?

Some more helpful tips that may assist you at Robin Walkers site here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/badip.html#noconn).

Hope this helps. But if it is the cable modem that is at fault I'd suggest calling Tech support on the number Matt provided above. Unless there is any techies about who can help you. :)

carlingman
01-12-2004, 00:29
Hiya my first post as im really after some help

I have an NTL 1.5mb service in Hatfield, Hertfordshire and since i got home from work this evening i have been unable to get online.

The d/s light on the modem flashes for about 30 seconds and then the sync and ready lights come on for 5 seconds and then it reboots.

I have never had this problem before and the service status page on the NTL site does not show my as an affected area of planned outages

Can anyone please shed some light as to what could be wrong!??

Thanks everyone

Ok when this is happening send your browser to http://192.168.100.1/

Enter when prompted the user name and password as root and root.

Post back from the Cable Modem Configuration Page the Upstream Power Level and the Downstream Signal To Noise Power Levels and also from the Downstream Status Tab the Downstream Power Level.

Im guessing this is a Downstream Power problem so ultimately it looks like a call to Tech Support or Faults maybe needed as there is nothing posted on the server status page.

Im guessing from the light sequence you have an NTL Home / Ambit Modem but if it is the Surfboard Modem follow the above but you wont be prompted for a password when you enter the 192.168.100.1 address and the tabs may vary.

Post back the info and I sure we can Help and pinpoint the problem.

And I nearly forgot :welcome: to the forum.

:D