PDA

View Full Version : multiconsole version of Elite

Lord Nikon
22-08-2003, 08:20
I still think the ultimate would be a multiconsole version of Elite.
The classic 1980s space flight & trading game where you progressed through the ranks to become Elite.
8 galaxies, you chose your own path, multiple missions, and only 32k of ram needed, Perhaps now is the time to revive it with a new view.

My concept for this would be a game released in all online formats, PS2, XBox, PC, Mac where people could still seek the elite status, but interact with others, form alliances, trade, protect, become bandits etc. Configure your ship with upgraded guidance systems, Galactic Hyperdrive etc as you make money in the game, The possibilities are endless. Some people could establish planetary bases, guide the development of the planet, others form space stations, etc. Plus AI civilisations as well, each with different goals. We have the console power to do this, lets put it to use :D

zerolight
22-08-2003, 09:28
Originally posted by Lord Nikon
I still think the ultimate would be a multiconsole version of Elite.
The classic 1980s space flight & trading game where you progressed through the ranks to become Elite.
8 galaxies, you chose your own path, multiple missions, and only 32k of ram needed, Perhaps now is the time to revive it with a new view.

My concept for this would be a game released in all online formats, PS2, XBox, PC, Mac where people could still seek the elite status, but interact with others, form alliances, trade, protect, become bandits etc. Configure your ship with upgraded guidance systems, Galactic Hyperdrive etc as you make money in the game, The possibilities are endless. Some people could establish planetary bases, guide the development of the planet, others form space stations, etc. Plus AI civilisations as well, each with different goals. We have the console power to do this, lets put it to use :D

erm? what does this have to do with Downloadable Splinter Cell content? i suspect you really wanted to start a new thread here.

Caspar
22-08-2003, 09:31
done :D

Lord Nikon
22-08-2003, 10:57
Thanks Caspar lol

I just think it is time to create a unified playing field, better sound & graphics on the consoles which can handle it. Make the game one where people can get out of it what they want to achieve.

aliferste
22-08-2003, 12:50
There was a game like this .....it was called Diaspora.

It went bust ...there is aclone called rillaspora at

http://www.rillaspora.net/index.php

Defiant
22-08-2003, 14:36
Their is a game very much like Elite out their now which you can play online too ;)

http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/