PDA

View Full Version : Old problem i had with NTL once

MindTrix
28-11-2004, 11:26
When NTL made the switch from adding your internet money to your bill, and made you give them a card instead i used my sisters card, as i didnt have one.

Now i remember she swapped card details over with them because she got a new card. A couple months later she cancelled my internet and i went back to a pay as you go kind of one, where it went on our phone bill.

But NTL started taking payments out of her cardS, notice the S, they took it from both cards.

Surely they was breaking the law etc by keeping her old card details on record and taking money from it for no reason??

Am i right?

Paul
28-11-2004, 13:19
Possibly - I suppose you might be able to class it as stealing - they certainly need to be told about the mistake and asked to correct it, if they continue after that they will certainly be breaking the law.

MindTrix
28-11-2004, 13:39
Yeah we phoned them and had words, and they denied it saying the information was not on their computer, but obviously it was because they debited her account, and it was on the bank statement to prove it

gavnad
28-11-2004, 17:02
details are kept but should only be for historical purposes,any card that is superceded should be disconnected but still viewable should any problems ever arise,shouldn't be a problem to refund payments taken against the incorrect card and then claimed correctly,happens all the time,insist the card is removed as active though once dome

At a loss
12-12-2004, 01:25
details are kept but should only be for historical purposes,any card that is superceded should be disconnected but still viewable should any problems ever arise,shouldn't be a problem to refund payments taken against the incorrect card and then claimed correctly,happens all the time,insist the card is removed as active though once dome
Forgive me for asking, but am I correct in that they have to keep the customers details (all of) for 5 years due to legal reasons ?