PDA

View Full Version : When is the overcharge going to be fixed?

poolking
28-11-2004, 02:29
Just wondering if there is an ETA on fixing the problem with the overcharge on the Sky Sports Collection?

Been charged £38.50 again instead of the normal £21.50. This time I didn't ring up CS in the hope that they might notice the mistake, but alas they took the full amount out including the error.

Sorry to bring this up in a seperate thread.

timaeus
06-12-2004, 21:37
I'm still waiting for an answer to this question too. Last month I once again phoned ntl to get my refund. The rep on the other end told me he couldn't access my account because their billing systems were down for a whole week due to 'routine maintenance'! He told me the Sky Sports overcharging fault was supposed to be fixed as part of this 'maintenance'.

Even if the fault has been fixed (and I doubt very much it has) ntl still owe me £25. This is because they failed to update my account before the Direct Debit took the money out of my bank.

steven_azari
11-12-2004, 16:24
nope its still not fixed. just had to sort out a customer with this problem.

our systems (harmony) absolutely suck. it takes 3 minutes to get into a customers account! the pages load so slow, and the errors we get are for reasons the least technically minded would know the answer to.

I hope they sort the system out soon - They only just upgraded their onyx system (the system that notes down what the CS wants to say on the account.)

They need to get their priorities in order. First of all some people in cs etc use harmony (our accounting system) to write notes.

2nd of all onyx was fine, never had a problem with it... but now its in a FANCY BLUE!!! :Yikes: :shocked: :dunce: Thats worth a million customers gettin frustrated over!

Our accounting system has far more important errors to see to than our noting system. I mean like you guys said your being overcharged. the amount of credits I have had to do here since I started (august) really does take the ****. I know for a fact I ALONE have credited back over £5000. and thats no lie. Every day Im here, Im crediting customers for an overcharge, an EXTRA charge, a late charge or for dissatisfaction.

they should review the name customer services and change it to "customer credits" cos thats all I do. give credit, and upgrades/downgrades. thats my job. :monkey:

there are other errors as well which are just important. such as why we get SQL errors when going to modify package details. why do credits shown on bills come as debits on the "customer details" of our system?

why do cable modem accounts stay in suspended in the "service information" but says "active" on "package details" (1 level up from service information)

why do telephone services say "pending create" after suspension instead of
"created" (pending create doesnt make take the service off suspension).

the speed of the accounting system is the main issue. I mean sky, they can add/remove channels within the hour. ntl takes arount 2 - 24 hours depending on the time of day you call.

BT offer you to have your old DISCONNECTED number back, where as NTL dont.

so yeah - our accounting system sucks and has so much more room for improvement. it will get better - it just takes the mick how they chose to upgrade onyx rather than focus more on (harmony sabs) accounting system.

timaeus
11-12-2004, 20:17
Sounds like you guys in cs are being let down big time by your IT department. I sense your frustration and I sympethise with (most of) you guys in cs. I speak every month with one of you over the phone when I call to claim my usual refund of overcharges. Believe me, customers pick up on the frustration felt by staff and I think, by and large, we share that.

It would seem as though ntl managment have got their priorities all wrong. The company wastes a fortune on marketing, I'm always getting ntl adverts coming through my letterbox trying to sell me products which I already have. But ntl seem reluctant to consider investing in an adequate infrastructre to support all the new customers they try so hard to attract.

leeswin
12-12-2004, 13:53
sounds like SAP
lol you poor people how bad must that be. you have my deepset sympathy and thoughts

our systems (harmony) absolutely suck. it takes 3 minutes to get into a customers account! the pages load so slow, and the errors we get are for reasons the least technically minded would know the answer to.

Our accounting system has far more important errors to see to than our noting system. I mean like you guys said your being overcharged. the amount of credits I have had to do here since I started (august) really does take the ****. I know for a fact I ALONE have credited back over £5000. and thats no lie. Every day Im here, Im crediting customers for an overcharge, an EXTRA charge, a late charge or for dissatisfaction.

there are other errors as well which are just important. such as why we get SQL errors when going to modify package details. why do credits shown on bills come as debits on the "customer details" of our system?

so yeah - our accounting system sucks and has so much more room for improvement. it will get better - it just takes the mick how they chose to upgrade onyx rather than focus more on (harmony sabs) accounting system.

poolking
15-12-2004, 12:16
Hello me again. :D

Can someone on here apply credits to my account for the following bills:

6th November
6th December

Without having to phone CS?

I'm in ST16.

Its the same overprice again with the Sky Sports Collection.

I would really not like it to become a ritual to ring every month, I have enough excitement in my life. :D

This is now quite frankly extracting the you know what, I'm not having a go at you guys, it isn't your fault that NTL don't appear to have reliable billing systems.

timaeus
21-12-2004, 20:51
Perhaps a letter to Ofcom would give ntl something to think about. I'm sure the regulator would be very interested to hear that ntl are regularly overcharging customers. As ntl have been aware of the problem for several months and are not doing anything to resolve it, I can only assume this whole overcharging situation is a deliberate ploy by ntl to rip off their customers.

How many customers have been overcharged but failed to notice or not bothered to challenge it? Will these customers be automatically refunded by ntl at some point? No chance. I bet ntl are making a fortune out of this 'IT error' and this is why they clearly want to prolong it for as long as possible.

timaeus
10-01-2005, 19:55
I received my monthly tv bill today. Much to my surprise the Sky Sports Collection is priced at the correct amount of £13.50. So maybe, just maybe, the overcharging fault has finally been fixed. Can anyone from ntl confirm this?

Not sure why ntl failed to take last month's direct debit from my bank though. It seems as though they've been moving their departments around because the address on the back of my bill is now in Manchester. Last month's bill didn't have any address on it at all.