PDA

View Full Version : mondeo Mk2

idi banashapan
26-11-2004, 19:37
Just got myself a mondeo Mk2. Had a bit of an issue with the lights (external) the other day with was finally sorted by a fuse replacement and a bulb twist!

HOWEVER..... The dask now displays the rear fog lights as being on, no matter where I position the light switch. Whats more, the rear fog lights are NOT on and do not turn on even when I switch them on.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? All other lights seem to work fine and when they should (other than one, but that need a bulb replacement).

Thanks in advance......

paulyoung666
26-11-2004, 19:48
when you say mondeo mk2 do you mean the original shape but the different front and rear lights ?????? , dodgy earths spring to mind :erm: , check out any connections you can find on the rear lights for corrosion loose connections etc , 1 other thing that springs to mind is the light switch is on a sort of cam that automatically switches off the fog lights when the main lights are turned off :)

idi banashapan
26-11-2004, 19:51
that's correct (about the mk2). I'll take a look tomorrow in the daylight. though the other day, I had the passenger side fog on all the time. turned out it just needed to take the bulb out and put it in the other way (double filament bulb).