PDA

View Full Version : looking for part time driving work

paulyoung666
26-11-2004, 18:29
anyone got any good leads for part time driving work , i am looking at weekends / evening work , local delivery type stuff , not long distance hgv stuff , mind you if there is any advice on how to get free / subsidised hgv training then i might be game for that , over to you ppl ..............

dilli-theclaw
26-11-2004, 18:34
anyone got any good leads for part time driving work , i am looking at weekends / evening work , local delivery type stuff , not long distance hgv stuff , mind you if there is any advice on how to get free / subsidised hgv training then i might be game for that , over to you ppl ..............
I did some security cover the other week at a ups depot near me. See if there's one near you. Apparently they do quite well. Just an idea anyway :)

Chimaera
26-11-2004, 18:37
DON'T GO TO PIZZA HUT!!!!! :nono: (Or that type of establishment!) They treat you like rubbish and make you pay for the pizza if you are a minute over the delivery time (so that the customer gets it for free) :Yikes:

paulyoung666
26-11-2004, 18:44
DON'T GO TO PIZZA HUT!!!!! :nono: (Or that type of establishment!) They treat you like rubbish and make you pay for the pizza if you are a minute over the delivery time (so that the customer gets it for free) :Yikes:

thanks for that :tu: , i was looking more at parcel delivery type stuff , and wondering in the run up towards xmas if there was a bigger demand for part time work :)

homealone
26-11-2004, 18:44
best way to get free HGV training, is to join the TA - that's probably a bit drastic, though :D

I quite often see ads in our local paper for people to do the deliveries & collections for catalogues - anything similar up your way? (They usually want you to store stuff for them, though).

Dave Stones
26-11-2004, 18:45
domino's dont.... you also get £1 per drop petrol money plus your normal salary :erm:

you thought about working for interlink/citylink/random courier etc etc?

paulyoung666
26-11-2004, 18:47
best way to get free HGV training, is to join the TA - that's probably a bit drastic, though :D

I quite often see ads in our local paper for people to do the deliveries & collections for catalogues - anything similar up your way? (They usually want you to store stuff for them, though).

good idea , i reckon i will pick up th local rag tomorrow :) :tu:

paulyoung666
26-11-2004, 18:47
domino's dont.... you also get £1 per drop petrol money plus your normal salary :erm:

you thought about working for interlink/citylink/random courier etc etc?

those were the names i was trying to think of :tu:

bopdude
27-11-2004, 00:33
What about driving a taxi :shrug: if you know someone with a cab or two and they want some relief / stand-ins, might be an idea ????

Chris W
27-11-2004, 00:38
I used to delivery yellow pages and thompson locals... combined with a few leaflet drops for other people in the same area i could make £100 for a days work :)

Nidge
27-11-2004, 09:38

Try White Arrow or Parcle Net they are the big 2 in home delivery. A mate of mine does it and he does quite well, he makes around £200 per week for 4 hours work a day.

paulyoung666
27-11-2004, 09:40
thanks for all the advice so far , looks as though i have got some phoning about to do on monday :)