PDA

View Full Version : usb winxp installation

MrFeisty
24-11-2004, 13:40
i have a disk from ntl which claims to support 98 xp 2000, yet the disc refuses to work unless used on 98. in order to use the net i have reverted to 98 but i want xp back. i hear u dont need the disc for a usb installation. does anyone know how?

MrFeisty
24-11-2004, 13:52
anybody?

Mick
24-11-2004, 14:09
Hi and welcome to the site. :welcome:

Can you use ethernet connection instead of USB? (Ethernet connection is much better than USB)

If so, the the following article maybe of some help to you:-

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/article.php?a=13

Paul K
24-11-2004, 14:28
i have a disk from ntl which claims to support 98 xp 2000, yet the disc refuses to work unless used on 98. in order to use the net i have reverted to 98 but i want xp back. i hear u dont need the disc for a usb installation. does anyone know how?
How does the cd refuse to work?
It may be that the auto-notification for the CD drive is turned off if your cd is not automatically launching the installation/ setup software.

MrFeisty
24-11-2004, 14:51
the cd launches but as it checks for system req's it crashes closing the application i have looked and looked but nobody else seems to have this problem. i found out that it works under 98 by running the simulator on xp. i thought it may just work doing this but as the computer needed to restart no data could be saved.

thx for the link by the way i did mean ethernet, not usb