PDA

View Full Version : ntl wont take my money

leeswin
23-11-2004, 21:56
ok so know i join the crowds. Not 1 problem with ntl in over 4 years now they just dont want my money (i guess).

ntl keep saying my card is rejected but that is crap, i have used 2 diff cards over 4 times and both cards work fine with every other company. NTL dont seem to get this fact and dont seem to want to listen - ARGHHHHHH, it is getting me anoyed now as i owe 2 months bills and its not for the lack of trying to pay.

is there anyone out there who can help, had this prob before? - please please help me (beginging to think paying my bill is harder than what it looks!!!)

Paul
23-11-2004, 22:00
Why not just send a cheque, or use DD ?

leeswin
23-11-2004, 22:06
Why not just send a cheque, or use DD ?

:Yikes: ntl direct debit now theres a nasty thought

LOL DD they have enough trouble with card i dont trust them that much. going to pay in bank i think. not trusting them muppets with my card EVER lol

orangebird
24-11-2004, 09:07
:Yikes: ntl direct debit now theres a nasty thought

LOL DD they have enough trouble with card i dont trust them that much. going to pay in bank i think. not trusting them muppets with my card EVER lol

I've always paid by DD and have never had a problem. :)

gavnad
24-11-2004, 10:20
the process is that the card is added onto the billing system and a dummy transaction generated,if this transaction is refused/rejected it is not possible to validate the card and this prevents the card being used,its not ntl being obstructive its the system that prevents,as orangebird says,DD is by far the best and with the DD guarantee you always have something to fall back on and payments will only ever reject if there are insufficient funds or you cancel the instruction,go for it leeswin!!

Paul
24-11-2004, 12:49
I've always paid by DD and have never had a problem. :)Ditto.

Neil
24-11-2004, 13:09
the process is that the card is added onto the billing system and a dummy transaction generated,if this transaction is refused/rejected it is not possible to validate the card and this prevents the card being used,its not ntl being obstructive its the system that prevents,as orangebird says,DD is by far the best and with the DD guarantee you always have something to fall back on and payments will only ever reject if there are insufficient funds or you cancel the instruction,go for it leeswin!!

That's not quite right....

EG-If ntl bill you incorrectly one month, let's say they send you a bill for £100 instead of £50.00, and they then take £100 by DD, then there's nothing the bank/DD Guarantee can do about it as they have taken the amount that was in the bill.

On the other hand of they sent you a bill for £50.00 & took £100, then the DD guarantee would kick in & the bank would be obliged to put that extra £50.00 back straight away.

The DD does not protect you from companies that bill you incorrectly & then take that amount via DD.

gavnad
24-11-2004, 13:34
point taken neil and yes thats' perfectly correct,but if i receive a bill thats £50.00 more than it should be i'd sort it pdq wouldn't you,no need to invoke any DD guarantees then

evandl100
24-11-2004, 16:33
ok so know i join the crowds. Not 1 problem with ntl in over 4 years now they just dont want my money (i guess).

ntl keep saying my card is rejected but that is crap, i have used 2 diff cards over 4 times and both cards work fine with every other company. NTL dont seem to get this fact and dont seem to want to listen - ARGHHHHHH, it is getting me anoyed now as i owe 2 months bills and its not for the lack of trying to pay.

is there anyone out there who can help, had this prob before? - please please help me (beginging to think paying my bill is harder than what it looks!!!)I had a very similar problem. I paid on two occasions with a perfectly valid debit card and subsequently both payments were rejected and services suspended. After many calls to find the root of the problem it may have been caused by a change of expiry date, even though I had been very clear to the customer service advisor on both occasions that this had changed. To get my services up and running I then paid with a different card but NTL took payment, not from this card, but the original one that had been rejected :confused: . i assume this is an unauthorised payment. I have now succumbed to DD even though I have heard of people having problems with this, but I just don't want my services suspended for no reason again.

ravenuk
24-11-2004, 22:24
ah man they have got the worst billing of any company i have ever been with.

thing is i have the same issue and every month they keep disconnecting me . it went on for 5 months can you beleive and finaly someone who actualy took the time to look at the problem realised some moron had typed in the wrong name of my bank.

cust service is the worst part of ntl. i wont bore you with my tales of 1 year to get my billing correct on my phone. or the 8 motnhs to get my broadband package correct

shame on you ntl

Graham F
24-11-2004, 22:34
ah man they have got the worst billing of any company i have ever been with.

thing is i have the same issue and every month they keep disconnecting me . it went on for 5 months can you beleive and finaly someone who actualy took the time to look at the problem realised some moron had typed in the wrong name of my bank.

cust service is the worst part of ntl. i wont bore you with my tales of 1 year to get my billing correct on my phone. or the 8 motnhs to get my broadband package correct

shame on you ntl

could of sworn that the bank name and address comes up automatically when they type in the sort code :disturbd:

gavnad
24-11-2004, 22:39
sure does scoob...have yourself a scooby snack...............:-)

Chimaera
27-11-2004, 10:20
Well over the last 6 months I've started having problems with ntl's billing department. I pay by DD (always have in the almost 2 years I've been a customer) and I get a paper bill for the phone (no probs so far with that) but I get an email notifying me when the payment for the BB is due. The last 3 have been messed up, they have been missing a month then taking 2 months payment the following month - with no explanation, other that the amount on the notification is twice what it should be! I know it's not a huge amount of money, but it's annoying all the same! When I phoned CS they told me first of all that I was paying the right amount (:confused: ) then when I pointed out which speed I was on they said 'Yes, that's right, you have been billed for 2 months at once but it will sort itself out next month!' I've not bothered to phone them again! :rolleyes:

paulyoung666
27-11-2004, 10:35
and it is cheaper by dd , you pay more for the privelege of going to the bank , same as sky , they want £4/ month for non dd payment :disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd: