PDA

View Full Version : email going mad?

Spacey
21-08-2003, 16:24
my email has been fine for days but all of a sudden it is rejecting my passwords on my ntl accounts and throwing lots of little boxes up at me which I keep having to click OK on to continue.

Is this something with the ntl service or my setup?

I haven't changed any settings in weeks apart from adding some addresses to my address book and so I don't think it is my setup.

I'm running outlook 2002.

Tricky
21-08-2003, 16:48
This seems to happen from time to time, especially if NTL are having load problems on their servers and or networks. It's a pain but you can bear with it. There is also a timeout setting in Outlook (sorry don't know where of top of head - search the forum) which will improve things.

Spacey
21-08-2003, 16:50
It's just annoying because it is a shared computer so there are loads of different addresses on it and so I keep getting my wifes stuff which is driving me nuts coz she had loads of addresses. I only have the one. Thank God.

Tricky
21-08-2003, 16:52
You can create send and receive groups. Turn off the automatic collection on all groups and then just send/rec on your own group. I do this as I register all my "Junk" collecting address under one group and leave it downloading when I have a spare hour!
The timeout problem does have more problems with more address for some reason...which is another reason why I use the groups.

Spacey
21-08-2003, 16:55
I'll have to have a look at doing that then.

Thank you