PDA

View Full Version : Connection issues after moving house

iceKING
23-11-2004, 20:51
Hi all, hoping somebody might be able to help with a little issue I'm having.

Basically we moved house a little while ago and had our NTL TV and Broadband transferred here. We are using the same modem as in our last house which has worked fine since the engineer installed the line however I rebooted it this evening for the first time and upon rebooting the modem and router I found that it had acquired an IP address in the unregistered range. I have tried going to the registration page and registering again and reinstalling and both don't appear to work. So is this something that we are going to have to talk to technical Support about tomorrow or is there anything I can do here.

Thanks for any help. :tu:

Andy

Neil
23-11-2004, 21:10
Have you spoken to ntl Tech Support?

iceKING
23-11-2004, 21:26
Not yet as it only happended an hour or so ago and I don't think they are open now are they? :(

Will phone tomorrow though, just thought I would post to see if anyone had any ideas or something. As 56K dialup really sucks. :D

Neil
23-11-2004, 21:28
I thought TS were open until midnight? :confused:

iceKING
23-11-2004, 21:33
Sorry your right I'm being stupid. :o Just checked the back of the broadband installer CD box and they are open untill midnight. Gonna try phoning in a mo then.

Neil
23-11-2004, 21:40
Sorry your right I'm being stupid. :o Just checked the back of the broadband installer CD box and they are open untill midnight. Gonna try phoning in a mo then.

Let us know how you get on. :tu:

Remember-always get a note of the person's name that you talk to. ;)

maverick
23-11-2004, 22:49
Hi all, hoping somebody might be able to help with a little issue I'm having.

Basically we moved house a little while ago and had our NTL TV and Broadband transferred here. We are using the same modem as in our last house which has worked fine since the engineer installed the line however I rebooted it this evening for the first time and upon rebooting the modem and router I found that it had acquired an IP address in the unregistered range. I have tried going to the registration page and registering again and reinstalling and both don't appear to work. So is this something that we are going to have to talk to technical Support about tomorrow or is there anything I can do here.

Thanks for any help. :tu:

Andy

go to 80.5.178.26/cgi/housemove

enter user id and password,your modem will then reg at new address reboot to pick up a valid ip.

iceKING
24-11-2004, 13:13
Cheers Maverick that worked a treat! Now back on all working fine. :D

maverick
24-11-2004, 15:57
Glad your back up and running ;)