PDA

View Full Version : X-Box: Should I get one?

Spacey
21-08-2003, 14:58
Hello.

I've recently got ntl broadband and am thinking about online gaming.

Should I get an X-Box so that I can play live?

Or, Should I just do gaming on my PC?

I do have a PS2 as well as a GC and so don't know what the best idea is.

Spacey

fluds
21-08-2003, 15:11
On an xbox forum i'd say get an xbox :D . Seriously though I was a pc player and the xbox has bought me out of the little pc box room sat on my own into my comfy living room to play on big screen, great sound and the ability to talk whilst playing. ( soon to have talk whilst not playing aswell come September). Not had to upgrade a graphics card or memory slot in 1.5 years, now theres the cost of an xbox saved just on that.

Jarandco
21-08-2003, 15:17
Yes do get an xbox - ill try to find my little why xbox live is good essay i wrote!

Spacey
21-08-2003, 15:20
I would probably have it in the same room as the PC anyway as this is the room where all my stuff is as I get in trouble with the missus for having stuff all over the house and she would never let me use the TV in the lounge coz she would miss her soaps *gasp*

But you say that the sound is great. What about things like the graphics? I don't know anyone who's got one which is why I am asking here so sorry for sounding a little dumb about it.

XiceWolf
21-08-2003, 16:12
Every game that is multi format is far superior in my opinion in terms of graphics, the publishers even admit this fact and acknowledge they have to push the limits of there games when it comes to the xbox. And the exclusive games that are Xbox only are amazing :D Iam sure someone could give you a detailed spec of both machines but just take our word for it that its much better in terms of graphics and its catching up on the games front aswell which is brilliant as its only been out for little over a year.

Spacey
21-08-2003, 16:16
I think you are making my mind up nicely for me here :D

How much would I be looking at for say

an X-Box, 1 controler, a live compatible game, and the adapter to make it work with my cable modem?

Jarandco
21-08-2003, 16:19
Well if you have broadband and some money i would recomend you get xbox live as your console gaming service! Xbox has been built to support this service from day one so its all in the box!

The main features of live are:
Gamertag - your unique ID that you kep with you forever on all games!
Friends List - You can have a friends list just like messenger and you can see what game they are playing if you can join them and you can send them invites to games!
Voice communicator - You can talk to people in every single xbox live game thier is - every game supports it so you can always talk to people whilst playing!
Downlaodable content - Due to the xbox's harddrive new game levels, patches cras, weapons, maps and much more can be added to each game with downloadable content for live games and some non live games - for example splinter cell - which has a new level available to downlaod from Live only!
Scoreboards - many games have scoreboards so you can see just how good you actually are in the world, for different game types, different maps, each week, each month and overall!

You get all of this for just 39.99 - which includes the headset 3 demos - moto gp 1, wacked and mechassault and a years subscription to the service!

Good isnt it - but there is more - there will be over 100 live games out by the end of this year in the UK alone! And this autumn xbox live is getting a makeover with many new features! All these new features can be seen here: www.xbox.com/live

XiceWolf
21-08-2003, 16:30
DOnt quote me on exact prics but i believe an xbox is £130 and the controller is included not really sure ages since i bought mine. £40 for the live kit aint it ? BUt if your intending to buy it go into game as i believe they have some good deals with regards to the xbox live kit, there was a deal which included getting £20 off the live kit when you bought a live enabled game, think it was ghost recon not 100% sure. Although my nearest GAME were very good when it comes to offering deals as my m8 bought one not to long ago from them and as he was offering cash and was paying for a lot of games and stuff he got a few freebies and got a cash discount. This may well have been a one off not sure about every branch.

ALmost forgot :D We get halo 2 which may well be hyped to the high heavens but iam still looking forward to whatever it offers on and offline.

NEONKNIGHT
21-08-2003, 17:46
Yep! GAME stores still offer a half Price Xbox Live Kit with every full price live enabled game.:D

With regards to connecting the xbox to your modem have a look at the top of the forum page which is entitled 'Useful Xbox Info'.

timewarrior2001
21-08-2003, 18:43
I bought an Xbox approx 3 weeks ago now and I have never looked back. I played most games on PC but as previously stated I get tired of upgrading hardware and with the Xbox this wont happen.
Havent tried out live yet, not keen on a yearly subscription. but will certainly be trying Xbox connect or whatever it is.

XiceWolf
21-08-2003, 18:47
You really need to get live in my opinion its the best feature of the xbox.

Spacey
21-08-2003, 19:30
Now all I need to do is save up some money so wll pobably get one after my holidays

crazydave85
22-08-2003, 14:47
if u wait till october :D

u get a free full copy of mech assault with xbox live judging by the new screens

Jarandco
22-08-2003, 14:51
Originally posted by crazydave85
if u wait till october :D

u get a free full copy of mech assault with xbox live judging by the new screens

thast to do more with america not sure over here!

Satans Puppet
22-08-2003, 18:42
Yes get an Xbox then you can know the Joys of Buffy the vampire slayer and maybe just maybe when you own live you will be privilaged to play with The Legendary Puppet...

*points to Wolf and the other NTHW clan members* Their lives have been blessed by knowing the mighty puppet and his ways... oh how humbled they are :D

ic14
22-08-2003, 18:43
Originally posted by Satans Puppet

*points to Wolf and the other NTHW clan members* Their lives have been blessed by knowing the mighty puppet and his ways... oh how humbled they are :D

Hello puppet!!
Welcome to nthellworld.co.uk:wavey:

PS I havent played with you yet!

Satans Puppet
22-08-2003, 18:46
Originally posted by ic14
PS I havent played with you yet!

Really IC, you make the puppet sound cheap :P But maybe one day you shall be enlightened and enter the Church of The Puppet :cool: ;)

ic14
22-08-2003, 18:47
Really IC, you make the puppet sound cheap :P But maybe one day you shall be enlightened and enter the Church of The Puppet :cool: ;)
lol,

:D What i want to know is wheres marks kingdom!!

XiceWolf
22-08-2003, 18:48
o no, puppet and dave on here !! Caspar will be busy :D

Satans Puppet
22-08-2003, 18:50
The Magical Kingdom of Mr Mark and no not just any Random mark off the street but Mr Mark NTHW... oh yes, tis a mystical place where donkeys prance along the beach to Bangles Classics and Children play with mouse traps... :D

ic14
22-08-2003, 18:55
The Magical Kingdom of Mr Mark and no not just any Random mark off the street but Mr Mark NTHW... oh yes, tis a mystical place where donkeys prance along the beach to Bangles Classics and Children play with mouse traps... :D
:D :LOL: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :LOL:

NEONKNIGHT
22-08-2003, 18:56

:rofl: ..........i don't get it?:erm:

ic14
22-08-2003, 18:59
Originally posted by NEONKNIGHT
I dont, but its still funny :rofl: :LOL::D

XiceWolf
22-08-2003, 19:02
You wont understand much of him, most people dont have the eye to spot his genious :D Then again most people are sane.
Puppet did young Dave bring you here ? Shame on him :D

Satans Puppet
22-08-2003, 19:03
Originally posted by NEONKNIGHT

Enlightenment will soon be yours... if you buy 'The Puppets Church' pack... you too can be indocrinated into The Puppets very own cult for the mere sum of £99.99* ... but what do you get for this sum? A Laminated, yes laminated 'Puppets People' membership card, a 'Puppets People' pin and a Puppets People pen and pencil set... yes... yes you too could enjoy this one months membership!!!! Availible in all Argos Catalogs....

* - Any injuries or mutilation that occurs during worship at the puppets temple will be seen as an act of the individual... the puppet will not be held responsible

NEONKNIGHT
22-08-2003, 19:04
Enlightenment will soon be yours... if you buy 'The Puppets Church' pack... you too can be indocrinated into The Puppets very own cult for the mere sum of £99.99* ... but what do you get for this sum? A Laminated, yes laminated 'Puppets People' membership card, a 'Puppets People' pin and a Puppets People pen and pencil set... yes... yes you too could enjoy this one months membership!!!! Availible in all Argos Catalogs....

* - Any injuries or mutilation that occurs during worship at the puppets temple will be seen as an act of the individual... the puppet will not be held responsible

I'll take two then!:D

XiceWolf
22-08-2003, 19:07
He will hold you to that :D

NEONKNIGHT
22-08-2003, 19:09
Originally posted by XiceWolf
He will hold you to that :D

Why do I get the feeling you're telling the truth...:eek:

:D

Satans Puppet
22-08-2003, 19:10
2 you say... but buy nine and you get the tenth for free, why not kit you clan out in "The Puppets People" fashions... yes wooly jumpers, thongs and padded bras, we at Puppet & Co do it all or why not make a donation to "The Puppet Foundation" Help all those dear dear crazy puppets out there that never made it into "The Muppet Show"... Damn that jim henson, damn him...

Has the puppet successfully highjacked two threads? :D

NEONKNIGHT
22-08-2003, 19:12
2 you say... but buy nine and you get the tenth for free, why not kit you clan out in "The Puppets People" fashions... yes wooly jumpers, thongs and padded bras, we at Puppet & Co do it all or why not make a donation to "The Puppet Foundation" Help all those dear dear crazy puppets out there that never made it into "The Muppet Show"... Damn that jim henson, damn him...

Has the puppet successfully highjacked two threads? :D

Looks like you have M8, with a subtle rapier like quality:D

XiceWolf
22-08-2003, 19:15
If hes not carefull caspar the mod will be using his deleting powers soon me thinks. My spidey sense tells me this :D

Satans Puppet
22-08-2003, 19:16
Mr Wolf don't you be pulling them strings... the puppet will not be silenced until 9:30 when the warden brings the pills and screams "Lights Out!"

Tezcatlipoca
22-08-2003, 19:17
If hes not carefull caspar the mod will be using his deleting powers soon me thinks. My spidey sense tells me this :D

LOL, yep, I think Cas will be hitting "delete" several times when he gets back online......

XiceWolf
22-08-2003, 19:18
:rofl: I wont pull any strings as they might break the puppet as hes very delicate :D You better be singing tonight on live.

Satans Puppet
22-08-2003, 19:19
Requests?

I've Got No Strings?
Puppet From The BoX?
Tragedy?
Dancing Queen?
Bring It All Back?

XiceWolf
22-08-2003, 19:22
All of the above :D

Satans Puppet
22-08-2003, 19:33
That's just selfish, you think the mods would like a song?

XiceWolf
22-08-2003, 20:01
I dont think they would truly appreciate your angelic voice on these forums but on live iam sure they will be willing to endure a song or 5 :D

Satans Puppet
22-08-2003, 20:04
Puppet was thinking about writing one for Casper... hmmm friendly and ghost is coming to mind but the words the puppet shall work on for when we eventually meet...

Casssssper the something ghost.... urgh creative juices not flowing....

Caspar
22-08-2003, 20:06
That's just selfish, you think the mods would like a song?

How about the mick jagger favourite? ....

I can't get no.....'posts on topic!' :p

Reddevil63
22-08-2003, 20:07
Oh Oh its not Casper! Its Caspar....he won't like that reference!;)

XiceWolf
thats his speciality :D

Caspar
Puppet was thinking about writing one for Casper... hmmm friendly and ghost is coming to mind but the words the puppet shall work on for when we eventually meet...

Casssssper the something ghost.... urgh creative juices not flowing....

You'll have to be very creative...if you're taking the ghost theme..... :p

Reddevil63
22-08-2003, 20:08
Nice to see you on here Mr Puppet! :D

Satans Puppet
22-08-2003, 20:08
Originally posted by Caspar
How about the mick jagger favourite? ....

I can't get no.....'posts on topic!' :p

The Puppet approves of this one..... :) *drops mark like last nights left overs...* You shall be the puppets new fan, this one seems to have personality!!! :D :wavey:

Caspar
22-08-2003, 20:17
o no, puppet and dave on here !! Caspar will be busy :D

I'm charging my PDA..ready for a long session of rescheduling my appointments :spin:

Satans Puppet
22-08-2003, 20:19
I'm charging my PDA..ready for a long session of rescheduling my appointments :spin:

Wolf and Tez made the puppet do it... subliminal messages during games of wolfie, as they speak, they play tapes underneath their mics... 'Spam' it commands 'Spam'... it's not the puppets fault its a deficiency brought on by an overdose of subliminal recordings :spin: :spin: ;)

Caspar
22-08-2003, 20:19

Please do not spam the XBOX forum. We are not here to provide you with free advertising.

Thank you.

Jarandco
22-08-2003, 20:20
Hello Puppet! Nice to see ya - u will have to be very vcareful with the ghost theme! and marks kingdom lol!

Jarandco
22-08-2003, 20:21
Please do not spam the XBOX forum. We are not here to provide you with free advertising.

Thank you.

erm is that a joke or not - cos i thought that comment was uite good.... but maybe it wasent.. :(

Mark15
23-08-2003, 13:16

You will love my kingdom come along why don't you the pupet is havong a autograph session on SUnday at the local Sex shop :D:wavey:

crazydave85
23-08-2003, 14:39
we were born to be princes of the universe!

Satans Puppet
23-08-2003, 14:53
Originally posted by crazydave85
we were born to be princes of the universe!

Sing!!! SING THAT SONG!!!!! For the puppet!!!:D

crazydave85
23-08-2003, 15:10
im working on the words ;)