PDA

View Full Version : BMW 320 Touring

Tricky
23-11-2004, 20:19
Anyone got one and know how to remove a rear headrest?

Just had mine delivered today, and cannot seem to remove the rear headrest (no little button like on the front seats). Need to remove one so that child seat works correctly!!!!

Richard M
23-11-2004, 22:45
You bought an estate car? :Yikes:
How old are you? :p:

Chimaera
23-11-2004, 22:53
If I remember - push it down as far as it will go then pull it up quickly - brute force should do it! :Yikes:
If it's to fit a child seat, will the seat not fit by pulling the headrest up away from the seat? Which car seat have you got?

Paul K
23-11-2004, 23:15

Just had mine delivered today, and cannot seem to remove the rear headrest (no little button like on the front seats). Need to remove one so that child seat works correctly!!!!
Could always RTFM :p:
I'd try Chim's instructions since it's one of her jobs to check car seats etc for the local borough council ;)

Tricky
24-11-2004, 18:16
Brute force seems to be the solution (from searching on other forums there is two clips on the end of each pole to stop it coming out)

Seat is a Britax

Estate (no touring!) - Old enough to realise that my old Merc Coupe wasn't big enough for a family of two plus small child and the associated luggage. I had to borrow a people carrier for four nights in wales earlier in the year!!! - No I didn't take the sink.

Plus I can now get my driver (golf) in the car without it being on show!

Paul K
24-11-2004, 18:22
Brute force seems to be the solution (from searching on other forums there is two clips on the end of each pole to stop it coming out)

Seat is a Britax

Estate (no touring!) - Old enough to realise that my old Merc Coupe wasn't big enough for a family of two plus small child and the associated luggage. I had to borrow a people carrier for four nights in wales earlier in the year!!! - No I didn't take the sink.

Plus I can now get my driver (golf) in the car without it being on show!
Oooh go on, what model Britax, I know someone that can tell you if it is supposed to fit your car properly and safely ;)

Paulie
24-11-2004, 18:29
Do the rear seats fold down?
If so what do the headrests do?
In my car i the headrest sort of folds back on itself. I just hold it in that pos` when i put the seat back up. Looks like someone has pulled it back to face the rear window.

Tricky
24-11-2004, 18:30
Do the rear seats fold down?
If so what do the headrests do?
In my car i the headrest sort of folds back on itself. I just hold it in that pos` when i put the seat back up. Looks like someone has pulled it back to face the rear window.

Seat fold down fully with headrests in place! :mad:

paulyoung666
24-11-2004, 18:31

after some googling it appears as though brute force and ignorance is the way to go :disturbd: , or ask your local friendly bmw dealer , just make sure they dont charge for advice :disturbd: :disturbd: :D :D