PDA

View Full Version : Good news girls!!!

Paul K
22-11-2004, 16:49
BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4032585.stm)

Chocolate could be cough medicine
An ingredient of chocolate could put a stop to persistent coughs and lead to new, more effective cough medicines, research suggests.

Scientists found the key ingredient, theobromine, is nearly a third more effective in stopping persistant coughs than the leading medicine codeine.

They say it produces fewer side effects than conventional treatment - and would not leave people drowsy.

The research, led by Imperial College London, is publshed in FASEB journal.
C'mon, it was about time we got some good news from those scientists ;) :p:

Maggy
22-11-2004, 17:04
BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4032585.stm)

C'mon, it was about time we got some good news from those scientists ;) :p:

Now that's weird.I have heard that singers are told to avoid chocolate because it increases phlegm and personally I find that I can't eat chocolate when I have a cold because it makes me cough even more with increased phelgm. :(

Incog.

Damien
22-11-2004, 17:06
Why the girls in the title?

All us normal people love chocolate!

Paul K
22-11-2004, 17:15
Why the girls in the title?

All us normal people love chocolate!
Normal people :erm: Where are you going with that train of thought Damien?? ;) I do hope you aren't insinuating that if someone doesn't love chocolate they are abnormal :scratch: :angel:

Damien
22-11-2004, 17:18
Yes, thats exactly that i am saying. Freaks! ;)

Marge
22-11-2004, 17:29

:knock: :fit:

ikthius
22-11-2004, 18:09
I concur Damien,

My name is Ikthius & I am a chocoholic......... :D

ik

ZrByte
22-11-2004, 18:13

I dont mind chocolate but whenever I eat it I end up all spotty like the squeaky voiced teenager in the simpsons. So generally I stay away from the stuff ;)

Maggy
22-11-2004, 18:14
I think everyone KNOWS my opinion on chocolate.

I once gave up chocolate for a whole year.It nearly broke my spirit.I'll never repeat the experience. :(

Ramrod
22-11-2004, 18:23
Now that's weird.I have heard that singers are told to avoid chocolate because it increases phlegm and personally I find that I can't eat chocolate when I have a cold because it makes me cough even more with increased phelgm. :(

Incog.
Dairy chocolate causes phlegm because it has dairy products in it. The active ingredient mentioned can probably be found in dark choccy.
.........anyway, didn't the EU try to stop the UK calling it's usual chocolate, chocolate because it wasn't really technically chocolate but solidified vegetable fats with chocolate flavour (or words to that effect)
............so eating Cadburys dairy milk probably won't do the trick :D