PDA

View Full Version : Fake drivers license?

Kliro
21-11-2004, 22:12
Was just interested, but how is it that you can get any type of license you want, including a press ID, but you cant get a fake drivers license?

kronas
21-11-2004, 22:13
proberbly because some sort of ID number is placed on the DVLA's system, which is unique to each holder, so if the police check the details they know who it belongs to.

Kliro
21-11-2004, 22:18
I meant for it to be used as age verification, where the number wouldnt come into play.

Russ
21-11-2004, 22:19
Press ID isn't a license and isn't a legally-binding document like a driver's license, which is a government document anyway.

ian@huth
21-11-2004, 22:43
Why get a fake one, get a real one. :)

Dave Stones
21-11-2004, 22:45
maybe thats why he wants a fake one, cos he cant get a real one... :eek:

danielf
21-11-2004, 22:48
Was just interested, but how is it that you can get any type of license you want, including a press ID, but you cant get a fake drivers license?

I've been looking for a fake off license for ages, but can't find one :shrug:

SOSAGES
22-11-2004, 00:29
my girls got one that has her country as "Enlgland"

Graham
22-11-2004, 00:54

"Just interested" eh...?! ;)

I think what it is, is that it's a criminal offence to forge an official document like a driving licence, passport etc.

paulius55
22-11-2004, 10:23
I meant for it to be used as age verification, where the number wouldnt come into play.
But the number does contain your age. It's the first 5 letters of your last name, then your birthday in a YMMDDY format, then up to 3 initials and 2 random. A police officer or other can also tell from the number if the holder is male or female.

Graham F
22-11-2004, 10:35

Probably becasue if you are caught with a fake offical document you would be for the high jump so to speak, where as if you have a fake 'Prove it card' noone could really care less :)

Bifta
22-11-2004, 10:48

You CAN get fake driving licenses, you just need to know who to get them from, and don't ask me, because I'm not going to tell you.

zoombini
22-11-2004, 11:06
Ditto the above...

have you never watched TV?

Dave Stones
22-11-2004, 11:08
Ditto the above...

have you never watched TV?
suppose that depends on whether he has a fake tv licence or not ;)

SMHarman
22-11-2004, 11:22
But the number does contain your age. It's the first 5 letters of your last name, then your birthday in a YMMDDY format, then up to 3 initials and 2 random. A police officer or other can also tell from the number if the holder is male or female.Not random, but check digits that verify the rest of the licence number (bit like the last digit of a credit card number being a check digit to ensure it is keyed properly). I'm told the code to create the drivers licence check digits has yet to be cracked.

Edit - Add info on Luhn Check on CC no's

http://www.merriampark.com/anatomycc.htm

Theodoric
22-11-2004, 11:30
"Just interested" eh...?! ;)

I think what it is, is that it's a criminal offence to forge an official document like a driving licence, passport etc.
Indeed! I wondered at first if this was some sort of wind up. Perhaps there really are people around who aren't aware that forging passports, driving licenses and other such official documents is a criminal offence. Now, if I were a curmudgeonly type, I'd now start ranting on about the state of the country, what are parents teaching their children nowadays etc etc etc :)

PS Offhand, I'd guess that anyone who provides details of how to get said driving licence would be some sort of accessory before the fact.

Nugget
22-11-2004, 12:58
<snip>A police officer or other can also tell from the number if the holder is male or female.

Mind you, I can normally tell just by looking, and I'm not even a copper!

;)

Nemesis
22-11-2004, 13:02
Mind you, I can normally tell just by looking, and I'm not even a copper!

;)
lol :rofl:

gary_580
22-11-2004, 13:29
You CAN get fake driving licenses, you just need to know who to get them from, and don't ask me, because I'm not going to tell you.

I think ill stay off the road when Bifta is driving :D

Kliro
22-11-2004, 18:46
Well, I know people who have forged passports, I wont say how the forged them here, but one had their passport withheld, and had to go pick it up from the police station, but didnt get in any kind of trouble, this surprised me!

I'll admit I was looking for an ID card, but decided against one, I was just curious as to why there were no drivers licenses, as a matter of interest, how many of you, yourselves have any kind of forged documentation or your children?

Matth
22-11-2004, 18:47
Unless you're actually planning to try and drive a car, and there's people who'll do that without ANY licence, fake or otherwise, I would imagine that anything printed in the right format and placed in the semi-obscure plastic envelope, would do as a "flash", just so long as nobody looks too closely at it.

ollie17
24-02-2007, 19:34
http://www.ukfakeid.com/

Do you think this is a legitimate site?

u can only pay by western union.

Russ
24-02-2007, 19:42
Hi Ollie17

Generally it's not a good idea to bump threads which are over 2 years old. Secondly I can't imagine why anyone would want fake ID so by their very nature, you'd be taking your chances regardless of how you paid.

TheNorm
24-02-2007, 20:00
...Generally it's not a good idea to bump threads which are over 2 years old...

Why?

Stuart
24-02-2007, 20:15
I would say that as they clearly state that they will not be held liable for any consequences, and that they will not sell to Government employees that the site is not legal.

Russ
24-02-2007, 20:26
Why?

Because it makes the site untidy and generally looks rather odd.

Wicked_and_Crazy
24-02-2007, 22:08
Because it makes the site untidy and generally looks rather odd.

:confused: how does it make it look untidy? if its regarding the same subject why not restart at thread? If not then there should be a policy to close threads after a period of inactivity

Russ
24-02-2007, 22:12
:confused: how does it make it look untidy? if its regarding the same subject why not restart at thread? If not then there should be a policy to close threads after a period of inactivity

I suppose if the team had as much time on their hands as some members do then I'm sure we'd be happy to be searching through the archives finding these 'expired' threads.

danielf
24-02-2007, 22:21
I suppose if the team had as much time on their hands as some members do then I'm sure we'd be happy to be searching through the archives finding these 'expired' threads.

Sounds like a job for Mr. Tinker (Paul M). Simply search the archive for threads older than some threshold, and lock them... I don't know VB, but I imagine it shouldn't be that difficult.

Wicked_and_Crazy
24-02-2007, 22:28

Automation!:rolleyes:

Russ
24-02-2007, 22:31
Alternatively members could just go along with what the team suggests.

This line of discussion is off topic and ends here anyway.

Wicked_and_Crazy
24-02-2007, 22:32
Communist ;)

Ramrod
24-02-2007, 22:35
Was just interested, but how is it that you can get any type of license you want, including a press ID, but you cant get a fake drivers license?Well you can't get a licence to practice medicine or take xrays unless you have been taught the relevant medical gubbins :D

Wicked_and_Crazy
24-02-2007, 22:38
Well you can't get a licence to practice medicine or take xrays unless you have been taught the relevant medical gubbins :D

but you can get a fake one without the hassle ;)

SMG
24-02-2007, 23:11
The holders surname & date of birth are shown on the licence. Examiners & Police use them to check the holders DoB. Unfortunately you can get documents to show almost anything, & they will stand up to all but the closest scrutiny. Driving docs are available, & were shown on a recent documentary. Unfortunately, medical documents are also available. An African "Doctor" was recently found to have been practicing as a consultant in the NHS, but never qualified as a doctor. He had certificates fro various places, all bogus. I believe the NHS is to start a regular annual "Test", to ensure doctors are competent.

Paul
24-02-2007, 23:15
Sounds like a job for Mr. Tinker (Paul M). Simply search the archive for threads older than some threshold, and lock them... I don't know VB, but I imagine it shouldn't be that difficult.It's easier just to ban the people who cannot comply with Team requests not to bump them. :angel:

AndyCambs
24-02-2007, 23:20
I'm surprised this thread is still open - discussing illegal pursuits such as obtaining forged documents.

danielf
24-02-2007, 23:22
It's easier just to ban the people who cannot comply with Team requests not to bump them. :angel:

:D

I wonder if banning members with just one post for not complying with a request made somewhere hidden deep in the forum is good for the forum though :)

Russ
25-02-2007, 10:04
I'm surprised this thread is still open - discussing illegal pursuits such as obtaining forged documents.

Nobody is trying to obtain forged documents, just documents which look like official versions. Dodgy ground and I'd certainly question why someone would feel the need to use them.

Derek
25-02-2007, 12:24
And anyone using fake documents now is committing an offence under the Identity Cards Act 2006.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/5228966.stm

Lord Nikon
25-02-2007, 18:12
Also don't get them made on a mac unless you want some unusual date possibilities, such as Feb 50th 2007....

eros
16-03-2007, 21:12
EDIT - Derek S : Using these items is illegal and trying to figure out where to get them isn't open to discussion

NoKnowledge
16-03-2007, 21:46
This thread should be closed :)

Russ
16-03-2007, 21:57
Seconded :)