PDA

View Full Version : Shalom

Xaccers
21-11-2004, 17:30
Greetings from rainy Israel :D
We've had beautiful sunshine over the weekend, but finally winter has caught up with us.
Sounds like there may be snow in the Golan and even Jerusalem soon.
So far the worst meal I've had has been a pot-mashed potatoe which doesn't really count I suppose, so the next has to be the McDonalds (it's so much better than in England!)
Off out for another delicious meal tonight.
If you love steaks, this is definitley the place to come!

In light news, recently Israeli forces have gone to the aid of some terrorists who had dug a tunnel from Egypt into Gaza to smuggle weapons etc.
With the rains the tunnel collapsed trapping them.
The Israeli forces were happy to come to the rescue. Once given medical attention, they were of course arrested :D

Paul K
21-11-2004, 17:35
Enojy the McD Xaccers :) Keep yourself safe too :tu:

Paul
21-11-2004, 17:37
If you love steaks, this is definitley the place to come!Mmmmmm, I love steaks. Why are you out there ?

Xaccers
21-11-2004, 18:11
Mmmmmm, I love steaks. Why are you out there ?

Visiting friends and seeing some of the sites.
Went up to the sea of galalie over the sabbath for a folk festival which was, um, very folkie...
Saw the remains of a 2000 year old boat they found during a drought when the sea receeded enough. It may have been used by jesus, or in a revolt against the romans, or it may just have been a fishermans boat which sank.
Popped up to the Lebanise border, and waved over the top of the Golan Heights at Syria.
Drove along the Eucalyptus lined road (the trees were planted so that no one could shoot at civilian traffic)
Went across to the med where the old British railway line used to be.
I think tomorrow I have an exam, and I've got to sort out the laptop I've left here as some stupid berk has had a go at trying to get it on her wireless network and for some reason removed it from the domain it was in, and totally screwed up the networking *joy*

Macca371
21-11-2004, 19:16
שלום!

Sounds like a fascinating place to be, I'd love to be there myself. Have a good time!!

TigaSefi
21-11-2004, 20:20
Lucky boy!!! Eat all the Falafel u can.. I sure miss them heh.....U been around the country a lot already not that it's a big country. It's smaller than wales hehe.

punky
21-11-2004, 22:23
Given the situation, I am not sure I can honestly say I wish I was there (I would like to one day though), but glad you are having a nice time mate.

TigaSefi
21-11-2004, 22:50
The news can completely misrepresent the entire feeling and atmosphere of Israel. You'd think that ppl go around fearful of something that can happen but as long u travel safely, It just like a normal holiday.

Xaccers
22-11-2004, 01:35
Yeah, you don't hear about the peaceful muslims who are quite happy to call themselves Israeli.
Like the muslim family that came and ate in McDonalds.
Or the Palestinians or Lebanese who pop across the borders for healthcare etc.
It's also interesting to see all the attempts by Israeli's to come up with acceptable plans for co-existance with a Palestinian state from as far back as the 60's.
99.999999999999% of people live in peace and want to keep it that way.

Macca371
22-11-2004, 01:38
Yes, unfortunately Israel is centred around thoughts of violence and conflict too much these days.

Theodoric
22-11-2004, 12:40
Well, I can probably claim the fastest tour of Israel ever. Overnight boat from Cyprus to Haifa. Coach to Jerusalem. Whirlwind 3 hour tour of the old city. Lunch in Bethlehem. Back to the boat.

TigaSefi
22-11-2004, 12:50
hehe theo, that great....my fastest tour of Israel was 3am - drive to the Dead sea, climbed the mountain by foot .. the name is on the tip of the my tongue, 7am take a dip in the dead sea and spread mud on myself, washed then showered (takes a bit of time) and then to Hebron in the palestinian areas. Had lunch there then back to Jersualem for a tour round the old city and fin about 5pm.

punky
22-11-2004, 15:20
I hear Israel has a biblical-styled plague of locusts atm :erm:

TigaSefi
22-11-2004, 15:47
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/504347.html

u mean this ?

and this too

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/504371.html

punky
22-11-2004, 16:03
Yup. Some amazing pictures on the TV.

orangebird
22-11-2004, 16:07
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/504347.html

u mean this ?

and this too

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/504371.html

OOH, YUCKY!:sick:

punky
22-11-2004, 16:15
The funny thing is that the locusts are coming from Eygpt. I reckon the people there shouldn't get too attached to their first born son :)

Xaccers
22-11-2004, 19:23
climbed the mountain by foot .. the name is on the tip of the my tongue

Massada?

Good eating on locusts, plenty of protein.
Apparently a lot of oriental people were out with bin liners collecting loads before the spraying began.
We've had torrential rain and hale (perhaps this is the end of times? Quick! best look busy!)

Cyprus also suffered from the locusts of Egypt, they had to resort to spraying as well.

TigaSefi
22-11-2004, 19:39
Yeah Masada the place....

the turn of events is freaky..... aren't frogs next ?

punky
22-11-2004, 19:51
Massada?

Good eating on locusts, plenty of protein.
Apparently a lot of oriental people were out with bin liners collecting loads before the spraying began.
We've had torrential rain and hale (perhaps this is the end of times? Quick! best look busy!)

Cyprus also suffered from the locusts of Egypt, they had to resort to spraying as well.

LMAO

Theodoric
22-11-2004, 20:48
Yeah Masada the place....

the turn of events is freaky..... aren't frogs next ?
There's an interesting book edited by Moshe Dayan on the excavation of Masada.

TigaSefi
22-11-2004, 21:01
yeah it historical value as a battle ground is very interesting.

Xaccers
23-11-2004, 02:50
yeah it historical value as a battle ground is very interesting.

Incase anyone doesn't know what happened, 997 Jewish men, women and children comitted suicide rather than be killed or enslaved by the Romans

Oh, and I passed my exam today! (070-290)

punky
23-11-2004, 03:04
Incase anyone doesn't know what happened, 997 Jewish men, women and children comitted suicide rather than be killed or enslaved by the Romans

Oh, and I passed my exam today! (070-290)

Oh your MCSE? Nice one dude, congrats :)

Xaccers
23-11-2004, 17:44
Oh your MCSE? Nice one dude, congrats :)

Cheers, two down, just the rest to go :D

Putting it to good use as my friend's hard drive is making that twanging noise which just is not good!
It does give me an excuse to rebuild her computer as the blokey who upgraded it to XP has left it in a right wobbly state.
Don't you just hate it when people who don't know what they're doing try and have a go???
I mean, who in their right mind removes a computer from a domain because they think it's affecting the ability to connect to a wireless network??? muppet.

She's suggested I come out longer next time as she's got plenty of friends who all need their computers fixed and more importantly are willing to pay! :D

Now if I had the backing, I'd start something like Novatech or even PC world over here (and Maplins too!) and make a killing (ok, maybe not the best choice of words when in Israel ;) )
Most computer shops out here seem to be like the small in town ones we get in the UK

Xaccers
24-11-2004, 22:01
*sigh*
I'm back, and totally knackered