PDA

View Full Version : bugcode_usb_driver

masalvador
19-11-2004, 22:09
Hello, i'm a new user of this forum, so excuse me if i make some mistakes using it. I often get a blue screen error with the message bugcode_usb_driver when a p2p program is running (emule 044d). I red in this forum that i should connect my motorola usb 4101 cable modem to my ethernet card, but i need this port free for a LAN, so i must connect the modem through the usb port. There's anybbody who know why the blue screen appears? Thanks so much for your help.

Bifta
19-11-2004, 22:19
http://forums.vnunet.com/thread.jsp?forum=11&thread=41643

masalvador
20-11-2004, 00:06
http://forums.vnunet.com/thread.jsp?forum=11&thread=41643Thanks so much Bifta, I'll try with the powered usb hub as told in most of the replays in vnunet forums. I'll tell you the results.:)

threadbare
20-11-2004, 00:28
I wouldn't recommend connecting the modem through the hub, as this will most likely add to your problems, but it shoud be fine for other devices. the modem itself has its own power supply so power usage should not be a problem

masalvador
22-11-2004, 22:53
So, do you have any idea about what the problem could be? Do i have to connect the modem trough the ethernet card? I need this port for a local area net!
Thanks a lot!

Tezcatlipoca
22-11-2004, 22:58
No idea what the problem is.

Although, if you used ethernet you'd have a much better, more stable, & weird-USB-problem free connection.

If you need the NIC for a LAN, you could always buy a cheap broadband router (e.g. Linksys BEFSR41, just over 30 quid at Amazon), hook that to the modem's ethernet port, & connect the ethernet ports of the main PC & the other PCs on the LAN to the router. Result = still have a LAN, no USB problems, & now you can also share the connection using the router.

masalvador
22-11-2004, 23:19
Thanks so much friends! I'll definitively connect the modem through the ethernet card since this seems to solve the probem.
Your comments have been very helpful, we'll be in contact.