PDA

View Full Version : mobile contract renewal

dragon
16-11-2004, 23:06
i suspect most people know that the networks do this anyway but.

i wrote to my current mobile operator to cancell my contract as the 12mnth minimum term was almost up had about 1mnth left (give them plently of notice)

so of course they call with the youve been a good customer blah i say naa just discconect

well they called me again a few days later and i sorta said if you can give as many minutes as '3' do for the same price they do i would consider renewing

they wernt prpared to do that although they did offer me a much better package than i was currently on for less than i was orignaly paying

ended up getting more inclusive minutes, a load of free texts, and a brand new phone so didnt do to badly there then :D

just shows that mobile phone operators will offer some pretty nice deals to get you to sign up for another 12mnths :D ;)

bopdude
16-11-2004, 23:13
Too right they will, cutting a loooooong story short, my provider tried giving me the upgrade i'd wanted ( for 3 months ) with 3 months free rental, I said, stick it, coz they can only bargain when it suits them, me, i happy as a pork bellie in the manure heap :shrug: ;)

dragon
16-11-2004, 23:21
Too right they will, cutting a loooooong story short, my provider tried giving me the upgrade i'd wanted ( for 3 months ) with 3 months free rental, I said, stick it, coz they can only bargain when it suits them, me, i happy as a pork bellie in the manure heap :shrug: ;)
basicly when your minimum term is up and u r free to walk away from em, they seem just that bit more keen to bargin with you ;)

i dont think id ever want one of those 18mnth contracts though.

gary_580
16-11-2004, 23:32
i got a deal with cellnet as it was at the time. 2 numbers one with 100 minutes of free calls a month the other with 200 all for £99 a year guaranteed not to change price ever. For some reason the dont want me as a customer anymore!

bopdude
16-11-2004, 23:33
basicly when your minimum term is up and u r free to walk away from em, they seem just that bit more keen to bargin with you ;)

i dont think id ever want one of those 18mnth contracts though.
This wan't anywhere near term, i had anbout 7 months left,wsn't happy with the phone, tried swapping it :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: they didn't want to know untill i said shove it, but i said, long story short, so i'll stop ;) :D