PDA

View Full Version : suitcase vacuum sacks

Dave Stones
16-11-2004, 20:22
you know what i mean.... the clear polythene bags that you put all your clothes in and then suck all the air out, thereby reducing volume and enabling you to fit more crap into your suitcase...

...anyway, has anyone used them on here? what are they like? worth the expense?

and is there anywhere i can get them fairly cheaply if they are worth it? i know we sell them at work but at £10.99 each i don't think it is worth it ;)

Halcyon
16-11-2004, 23:16
Yeah I use them. They are good for putting clothes and other things in the loft so they dont get any dust and dirt in them.
I cant remember exactly where I got them. Will have a look tommorow and get back to you. But I reccomend them.

bopdude
16-11-2004, 23:19
The students version would be, cling film and a hair dryer............. shrink rap :rofl: :shrug: sorry in one of those moods ;)

punky
16-11-2004, 23:24
They are called SpaceBags... Not sure how effective the are, but they seem pretty good in the infomercials (but doesn't everything?)

Useful if you have a lot of compressible stuff you want to keep like blankets, but most people don't...

gary_580
16-11-2004, 23:25
get a bin liner and find a girl who can suck an orange through a hose pipe to do the rest. let me know her phone number when u find her ;)

Dave Stones
16-11-2004, 23:31
get a bin liner and find a girl who can suck an orange through a hose pipe to do the rest. let me know her phone number when u find her ;)
you are disgusting... :p:

gary_580
16-11-2004, 23:34

put the clothes in the bin liner and get her to suck the air out. (will be hard as she has been trained to expel hot air for years) Whats disgusting about that?

zoombini
17-11-2004, 09:02
Argos do 2 for £12.
QVC do 8 for £30 ish

Er indoors just got 2 from Argos to try them, put all the kids teddies in them before we move house.
Her wedding dress is another candidate for one.

£11 each is too expensive, however if you sell them at work, don't you get a discount?

orangebird
17-11-2004, 09:28
you know what i mean.... the clear polythene bags that you put all your clothes in and then suck all the air out, thereby reducing volume and enabling you to fit more crap into your suitcase...

...anyway, has anyone used them on here? what are they like? worth the expense?

and is there anywhere i can get them fairly cheaply if they are worth it? i know we sell them at work but at £10.99 each i don't think it is worth it ;)

2 for £12 from Argos, and well worth the money :tu:

ian@huth
17-11-2004, 09:59
They are great for fitting more in your suitcase but a hell of a problem if customs open it and unseal the bags. :D :D :D :D

Stuart
17-11-2004, 10:01

Says he while hastily going off to find a girl who can do just that..

aliferste
17-11-2004, 10:19
Those people that come around the doors with the little books...the ones with the little gadgets ...they always have them!

SMHarman
17-11-2004, 10:21
Surely JML sell them!

Dave Stones
17-11-2004, 10:45
yes JML sell them....

and no i refuse to get things from work at the moment, ive only been there slightly under 3 months and you have to be there 6 months or more to get discount.

quite good when you do get the discount really though, 20% off anything at homebase and 10% off anything at argos ;) :D

Dave Stones
17-11-2004, 10:45
They are great for fitting more in your suitcase but a hell of a problem if customs open it and unseal the bags. :D :D :D :D
i will only be travelling birmingham to leeds, so unless something happens between then and i need a passport to leave brum, shouldnt be a problem ;)

zoombini
17-11-2004, 12:32
I have used a black bag, vaccuum cleaner & some cellotape before.

But I won't say what I did with it ;)

Graham
17-11-2004, 17:56
Alternatively, just don't take so much junk with you... ! :D

zoombini
20-11-2004, 12:59
A word of warning:

I am taking the Argos ones bought this week back.
My wife used one for my son's teddies & it let some air in.

Redo'ing it to make sure it has ripped by the vent/filling hole because the platic handle that you screw on has very bad swarf edges (they are not smoothed) so it caught & ripped the plastic.

crap.

I'll get some decent ones from QVC instead.