PDA

View Full Version : Wireless network problems - Provisioning Logon screen

toby_uk
15-11-2004, 10:00
Hi,

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I did try and search for the same problem, but I may well have missed it!

I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 router and two PC's installed with BenQ AWL-300 WiFi USB Adapters.

I have setup the router (Obtain IP address automatically etc.) on one of the PC's via an Ethernet cable, then I rebooted the STB, Router, PC. I removed the cable, so I could then connect wirelessly. My PC found the network and the Computer Provisioning Logon screen was displayed, so I entered my PID/Password and a new name for the PC, the account was successfully created. I then rebooted again, but after I powered everything back up, the same Provisioning Logon screen was displayed.

I'm at a loss at to what I should do now, does anyone have any idea's as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

:)

Marge
15-11-2004, 10:12
Try unplugging the STB for at least a couple of minutes

and :welcome: to the site

toby_uk
15-11-2004, 10:21
Try unplugging the STB for at least a couple of minutes

and :welcome: to the siteThanks, I'll give that a go later :)

One last thing, will I need to create another account for the second PC (on the Provisioning Logon page)?

SMHarman
15-11-2004, 11:31
Thanks, I'll give that a go later :)

One last thing, will I need to create another account for the second PC (on the Provisioning Logon page)?
No it's the MAC Address of the router that is provisioned to the STB, once that is done all hardware connected to the router will work.