PDA

View Full Version : NTL Tech support

Nidge
14-11-2004, 09:34
Has it been moved overseas? I've just been on to them about a fault with my modem and they seem a million miles away, I was talking to a Indian womam.

Bill C
14-11-2004, 10:18
Has it been moved overseas? I've just been on to them about a fault with my modem and they seem a million miles away, I was talking to a Indian womam.
Not that i am aware of. Its still in swansea unless someone has heard something i havent :).

Nidge
14-11-2004, 10:21
Just wondered thats all Bill, it was like they were talking down a drainpipe to me plus he had a foreign accent that was Indian.

Russ
14-11-2004, 10:26
Most people who try a Welsh accent end up sounding Indian, perhaps it's an inverted outsourcing tactic - in some Indian callcentres they give themselves names like "Jim" and "Paul" to make you think they're in the UK, perhaps ntl are using callcentres from all around the UK but telling them to use Welsh accents to make you think they're in Swansea.....

I need a sit down.... :(

Bill C
14-11-2004, 10:32
Just wondered thats all Bill, it was like they were talking down a drainpipe to me plus he had a foreign accent that was Indian.I sound like that on a Sunday morning. :LOL:

ian@huth
14-11-2004, 10:35

Reminds me of something my daughter told me about. She works in Customer Services for Capital One in Nottingham who provide a 24/7 service with overnight calls being taken in India. One day a woman rang up and the call was taken by the girl sitting at the next desk to my daughter. The first thing that the caller asked was "are you in England or India?" When the girl answered that she was in Nottingham, England the caller went through her problem which was quickly dealth with to her satisfaction. When asked if there was anything else that she could be helped with she replied "no, that's all thanks, I'm glad I was put through to somebody English, last time I got an Indian woman and couldn't understand a word she said." The Indian girl sat next to my daughter with a very noticable Indian accent smiled as she ended the call. :)

Chris W
14-11-2004, 12:32
ntl do have a call centre in india ;) it deals with certain types of technical support calls, but the one in swansea is still where most of the staff are :)

kenseaton
14-11-2004, 18:14
I was on to Tech Support on Saturday with a problem regarding my email and the call was taken by someone Asian and also speaking from a very long way away (there was clearer sound from Neil Armstrong on the Moon!).

Since the introduction of the spam-catcher software I seem to be missing many emails that have come through my Bigfoot remailer account. They land in my office OK but not at home on the ntl account.

The support chap couldn't really help and the changes to the support system seem to stop any access to find out what's what. Let's hope I'm not missing anything vital.

Ken
Glasgow
(and yes, the support person did have trouble understanding my accent -- many people do!)

Russ
14-11-2004, 18:34
We've all been there :D

quadplay
14-11-2004, 18:45
ntl do have a call centre in india ;) it deals with certain types of technical support calls, but the one in swansea is still where most of the staff are :)

ntl don't, IBM do :p:

Chris W
14-11-2004, 18:47
ntl don't, IBM do :p:

:Peace:

highlandlassie
17-11-2004, 20:46
bit peeved - in the 3 years I have been with NTL I have never had a problem getting help from them. I got a guy who didn't sound English, as I had to spell everything out for him - I was asked about 5 different security questions which I answered correctly, (I am usually only asked for my postcode, name, and first line of my address) and then he asked me for my security password, and because I didn't know it - he wouldn't help me :confused: - all I wanted to find out if my speed was Ok as it is very slow, and taken forever to download a webpage:mad: and also when i will be upgraded

Graham F
17-11-2004, 21:39
bit peeved - in the 3 years I have been with NTL I have never had a problem getting help from them. I got a guy who didn't sound English, as I had to spell everything out for him - I was asked about 5 different security questions which I answered correctly, (I am usually only asked for my postcode, name, and first line of my address) and then he asked me for my security password, and because I didn't know it - he wouldn't help me :confused: - all I wanted to find out if my speed was Ok as it is very slow, and taken forever to download a webpage:mad: and also when i will be upgraded

That is because he would of been Welsh ;)