PDA

View Full Version : Bye for now!

Chris
12-11-2004, 14:56
:wavey:

We're moving house on Monday, and the packing starts now with the boxes of stuff from my old desk at work! Lots of clearing out over the weekend, then, thankfully, Pickfords are doing the main pack and move on Monday, and moving us in to our rural retreat in Scotland on Wednesday. I'm settling in at my new desk on Thursday and Friday (same job, different office) and we don't get our new phone line at home until the following week. And when that's activated, it is on one of the small number of rural telephone exchanges BT won't enable for ADSL, so goodness knows when I'll get BB again! :cry:

So, to cut a long story short, I'm not going to be round these parts much for the next week or two. Bye bye for now, and please save some juicy threads until I get back!

Chris

Paul K
12-11-2004, 15:04
Quick, lets create a nice big thread for Chris with loads of nice high res pictures in it ;) Just right for his 56k return :p:

orangebird
12-11-2004, 15:05
Good luck Chris. Is it true moving house is more stressful than having children? :eek: :angel:

xx

etccarmageddon
12-11-2004, 15:07
ok, sling yer hook!

I'm glad you're going back to narrowband! serves you right for selling before I sold mine :(

good luck with house move.

Tricky
12-11-2004, 15:10
Good luck with the move - I've used Pickfords in the past and found the service to be excellent (just keep em sweet with coffee and choc. buscuits!)

homealone
12-11-2004, 15:10
All the best, Chris, I hope it all goes smoothly for you & the family. :tu:

- look forward to hearing from you soon. :)

Julian
12-11-2004, 15:11
Hope it all goes well for you. :)

Good luck Chris. Is it true moving house is more stressful than having children? :eek: :angel:

xx

yes :mis: :cry:

Graham F
12-11-2004, 15:23
Yay i won't be the only dial up boy on here when Chris gets back!!

skyblueheroes
12-11-2004, 15:25
Good luck with the house move - get that BB petition signed for your area.

gary_580
12-11-2004, 15:38
Dont forget to leave your SACM behind

altis
12-11-2004, 15:55
Hope you've stocked up on carrier pidgeons. :p:

Enjoy your new home :)

dilli-theclaw
12-11-2004, 16:14
I hope all goes well with the move and hope to see you posting again soon :)

Salu
12-11-2004, 16:21
:wavey:

We're moving house on Monday, and the packing starts now with the boxes of stuff from my old desk at work! Lots of clearing out over the weekend, then, thankfully, Pickfords are doing the main pack and move on Monday, and moving us in to our rural retreat in Scotland on Wednesday. I'm settling in at my new desk on Thursday and Friday (same job, different office) and we don't get our new phone line at home until the following week. And when that's activated, it is on one of the small number of rural telephone exchanges BT won't enable for ADSL, so goodness knows when I'll get BB again! :cry:

So, to cut a long story short, I'm not going to be round these parts much for the next week or two. Bye bye for now, and please save some juicy threads until I get back!

Chris

Just think of all that money you will save by being on narrowband........being a Scotsman, you probably already have..... ;)

Chris
12-11-2004, 16:22
Thanks everyone ... phase one is complete, the contents of my desk is all boxed up and in my car! Just time to tour the office and say my goodbyes before five o'clock.

Altis ... pigeons were nearly the order of the day this morning, when BT tried to deny my house exists (even though they supply phone service to the current owner!) :disturbd: Got it sorted after muchos wrangling.

Skyblue ... no petition on earth is going to shift them, sadly. Our new exchange is judged to be too small. They're looking for sponsorship to upgrade it, which means we'll probably have to wait for the Scottish Executive to pay for it some time late next year!

OB ... I'll let you know. Wee Master T is a dream to look after, but the first couple of weeks of parenthood were stress city. I can't believe moving house is going to be as bad. I'll be having words with Pickfords if they are, seeing as we're paying them to do the packing!

Paul ... you wouldn't ... would you? :erm: :( ;)

Gary ... Sigh, no more cable BB for me, ever, so yep, got to leave it behind. I think my NTL BB has been a great service, and I'm gutted I'll never get to sample the souped-up 2mbit version. That's life!

All of you ... I'm going to stop going misty eyed now, I'm moving house but thanks to the wonders of t'internet, when I switch my computer back on you lot will all still be there! :Yikes: :p:

See you later.

kronas
12-11-2004, 16:28
good bye chris t have some fun on narrowband, ill be on 3mbit sometime :D seriously though hope to see you again soon, and remember watch out for the weevils in the new house. ;)

punky
12-11-2004, 16:28
Good luck mate, hope it all goes well, and you enjoy the new place.

As a point are they still doing satellite broadband in this country? Wern't BT trying it?

Edit: http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/broadband/satellite/satellite_500 any use?

Nugget
12-11-2004, 16:29
Hope it all goes well Chris - as for t'internet, just do what I do and use works connection ;)

All the best matey, and see you soon :tu:

Maggy
12-11-2004, 16:35
:wavey: See you soon. :tu:

danielf
12-11-2004, 16:43
Good luck mate, hope it all goes well, and you enjoy the new place.

As a point are they still doing satellite broadband in this country? Wern't BT trying it?

Edit: http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/broadband/satellite/satellite_500 any use?

That's a £300 install, plus £849 for equipment (ex vat) :disturbd: :Yikes:

punky
12-11-2004, 16:45

D'oh, didn't see that bit, only the 60 quid a month monthly. Maybe not then... At least I tried anyway.

Nugget
12-11-2004, 16:51
D'oh, didn't see that bit, only the 60 quid a month monthly. Maybe not then... At least I tried anyway.

That's why I never try ;)

Ramrod
12-11-2004, 16:55
Come back soon (and good luck with the move)! :wavey:

SMHarman
12-11-2004, 16:55
There have been some very long threads on this already. I think Mr T has looked through and exhausted most possibilities.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14217&highlight=ISDN

[EDIT]Oooh and hope the move goes smoothly.

ian@huth
12-11-2004, 17:17

There are cheaper solutions, some using your Sky dish for downloads and phone line for uploads. Get Sky+ installed for your TV viewing and use the dish for your broadband to save on installation costs. A couple of sites worth checking are:
http://www.broadbandforscotland.co.uk/suppliers.asp?id=120
http://www.broadbandforscotland.co.uk/suppliers.asp?id=103

Stuart
12-11-2004, 17:21
Chris T, good luck with the move, don't stay away too long..

Ramrod: Is it me, or does your new avatar look like the Death Star from Star Wars?

ian@huth
12-11-2004, 17:37
Sorry Chris, forgot to say bye and wish you all the best when I posted above. The Village Internet looks worth checking out £35.99 pm with £79.95 setup for 1Mb/500k http://www.villageinternet.co.uk/compare.php
Hope you are back soon.

MadGamer
12-11-2004, 17:44
Good luck Chris mate. Dont let these *******s get you down. I first started out on 56k and found it to be great.

Paul K
12-11-2004, 21:30
Good luck Chris mate. Dont let these *******s get you down. I first started out on 56k and found it to be great.
Erm excuse me but what's with the descriptive language? Chris knows we are just pulling his leg over the 56k connection so there's no need for that sort of post ;)
Hope the move goes smooth and everything arives in the shape it left home Chris :tu:

Chimaera
12-11-2004, 21:35
Hope the move goes well Chris - sounds like you are well organised! :D

Ramrod
12-11-2004, 22:12
Ramrod: Is it me, or does your new avatar look like the Death Star from Star Wars?Thats the effect I was trying for :D

Maggy
12-11-2004, 22:23
Thats the effect I was trying for :D

Ah that's answered my question in another thread. :tu:

Edit:just knocked this up in Bryce 5 for you. :)

Florence
12-11-2004, 23:09
Good luck with the move Chris Check out scottish power you could be in one of their power BB areas.

Also Aramiska do a villiage BB package but its Satellight.

Hurry back Chris..

:ghugs:

Matthew
13-11-2004, 00:10
Chris T, when you next get this couldn't you get an ISDN line put in or even go with a wireless company such as eHotspot?