PDA

View Full Version : where and when ??

bopdude
12-11-2004, 00:48
Thought I'd put this in here as it didn't seem to fit anywhere else, so, if you could return to a time and place in the past ( real or ficticious ) where and when would it be. And for what reason or reasons.

Mine would be going back to the early nineties in South Africa, have some brill memorys of the time spent in the country and the places and people that I worked with :)

homealone
12-11-2004, 08:07
mine would be Africa, too, early 60's , when we lived in Kenya, barbecues over oil drums cut in half, driving up a mountain road & looking down into the valley & being higher than the clouds - brilliant :cool:

Ramrod
12-11-2004, 08:50
Europe in near prehistoric times (say about 10 000 yrs ago) When it was one big forest......I love forests and one that big would be awesome to see :disturbd:

Russ
12-11-2004, 08:52
Jesus' 3 year ministry around Jerusalem, Nazareth etc or that grassy knoll.

skyblueheroes
12-11-2004, 10:31
Jesus' 3 year ministry around Jerusalem, Nazareth etc or that grassy knoll.#

Good call - would love to have been on that Grassy Knoll to know for sure.

Mine would be about a year and half ago when I got married in Antigua with 18 family and friends around. It was a fantastic holiday and a great laugh with so many mates.

Fictional, it would have to be the era I could have bough some early Microsoft or Coca Cola shares :D

Tricky
12-11-2004, 12:34
Simple - Back to school on the agreement I could take the knowledge I have now with me. That way I could actually think about doing my exams instead of bunking off. And I'd get to live my youth again, putting things right (or avoid doing them!) that I may have done in my younger years.

dilli-theclaw
12-11-2004, 14:43
Ok so I'm not sure about where I'd go in the past or future but I thought I'd a comment about an old sci fi story I read once.

The people in that invented a 'time viewer' (Kind of like paycheck)

So they could look at any point in the past, they in fact generally looked only about 1 or 2 seconds into the past. Doing this they could see what ANYONE ANYWHERE was doing in the planet. That got me thinking when I read that story a LONG time ago :)

With the way the world is I'd like to think that if such a thing as a time machine/viewer was invented maybe it'd not be a good thing at all.

Of course it's the PEOPLE/GOVERNMENTS that would abuse it rather than the invention.

Where would I go? I don't think it'd make any difference - I'd like to go somewhere where THEY couldn't watch me :)

Sorry for rambling but I hope you see what I mean.

Atomic22
14-11-2004, 19:28
26th may 1999
nou-camp stadium barcelona
behind the goal
just to relive the moment when ole won the champions league final

Paul
14-11-2004, 19:37
The summer holidays of 1976 - it was a lovely warm summer, I just spent day after day playing outside. :Sun:

paulyoung666
14-11-2004, 19:40
the day my 2 kids were born , :tu: to that :)

smegs
15-11-2004, 19:29
I think i'd go back to 80's/ 90s when it was the school holidays and we'd go away and spend the summer being chased and beaten by my brothers, they did'nt like it mindwhen i stared to fight back :D

Tezcatlipoca
15-11-2004, 19:43
Thought I'd put this in here as it didn't seem to fit anywhere else, so, if you could return to a time and place in the past ( real or ficticious ) where and when would it be. And for what reason or reasons.

Mine would be going back to the early nineties in South Africa, have some brill memorys of the time spent in the country and the places and people that I worked with :)

*deja vu*

I think I'd go back to July... http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14467 ;)

Maggy
15-11-2004, 19:51
mine would be Africa, too, early 60's , when we lived in Kenya, barbecues over oil drums cut in half, driving up a mountain road & looking down into the valley & being higher than the clouds - brilliant :cool:

Mine are of sleeping under stunning starlit skies but in Nigeria in the 50's.I've not seen stars like it since. :)

timewarrior2001
15-11-2004, 19:52
December 1997 and January 1998

To where I moved back home from London and didnt get chance to see my friend. She committed suicide in January and to this day I know had I got my arse into gear she would still be alive.

We were so close and yet managed to stay friends, even though we had a huge attraction to each other, It was love but a family kind of love, a soul mate that was your best buddy nothing more nothing less.

RIP Louise

Theodoric
15-11-2004, 19:53
You've got to put a couple of provisos in here.

The first one is that I am, and will remain in, perfect health, otherwise I ain't budging back a single microsecond - unless I fancy having leaches clamped on me, that is.

The second is that I'm rich. Somehow life as a twelfth century peasant or a slave in a Roman silver mine doesn't appeal to me.

Macca371
15-11-2004, 20:50
First time I ever went to Paris, the best day of my life no doubt.

Ramrod
15-11-2004, 21:08
You've got to put a couple of provisos in here.

The first one is that I am, and will remain in, perfect health, otherwise I ain't budging back a single microsecond - unless I fancy having leaches clamped on me, that is.

The second is that I'm rich. Somehow life as a twelfth century peasant or a slave in a Roman silver mine doesn't appeal to me.Not asking much then :p:

Theodoric
15-11-2004, 22:06
Not asking much then :p:
Well, as we've got a time machine available, I thought a few preliminary trips into the past with a list of Derby winners might be a good idea. :)