PDA

View Full Version : [Merged] Motorola Razr V3

TheBlueRaja
13-09-2004, 13:58
Drool!

Download Failed (1)

Download Failed (1)

Anyone know somewhere i can get one on a good deal?

Ebay is NOT the place to be looking for this - more scammers than you could shake a dictionary at.

Specifications for the Motorola RAZR V3
Band Quad-band
Data GPRS
Size 14mm x 55mm x 98mm
Weight 95g
Battery Life 250 hours
6.5 hours
Main Display 2.2 inch 176 x 220 pixel 64K color TFT
Sub-Display 96x80 pixel 4k color CSTN CLI/td>
Camera VGA camera with 4x zoom
Video Video playback only
Text Messaging MMS/EMS/SMS
Email Yes
Browser WAP/xHTML
Bluetooth Yes
Infrared ?
Java Yes (MIDP v2.0) with 3D Graphics
Polyphonics 22kHz polyphonic speaker with MP3 ringer support
Radio No
Memory ?
Other EL keypad illumination panel, nickel-plated copper-alloy chemically-etched keypad

TigaSefi
13-09-2004, 14:30
Lovely phone indeed and i'll definitely will be getting it. I just have to wait till i see what companies are offering the best deals. My T Mobile contract is just about to run it's 12 month contract out so i can cancel really once i see a deal I like. Just hope i can transfer my number.

Richard M
11-11-2004, 00:38
The Motorola V3 looks awesome!
The only things which I don't like about it is that it cannot record video clips like the Sharp GX30 can and it also doesn't take memory cards so you're limited to 5.5MB of internal memory. :(

Plenty of pics here:
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/motorola-v3-en.shtml
And with my preferred network:
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?paymentPlanType=pmt&nmid=phones_overview&pmid=7150&menuid=ctl_phones_details

kronas
11-11-2004, 01:00
*pats his 6230 on the back ;)

bopdude
11-11-2004, 06:06
The only things which I don't like about it is that it cannot record video clips like the Sharp GX30 can and it also doesn't take memory cards so you're limited to 5.5MB of internal memory. :(

Plenty of pics here:
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?paymentPlanType=pmt&nmid=phones_overview&pmid=7150&menuid=ctl_phones_detailsI suppose at the end of the day you must make the decision on what the phone must be able to do. It looks like a very stylish phone, i got details of it some time ago as i'm on motorolas email list from the mpx days. If you just want a phone, then yes, its the mutts nuts :D for anything else, then as you say, your limited :td:

Paul K
11-11-2004, 07:57
Looks nice but then how useful is it going to be to you with such limited memory? Would the lack of video recording prove a great loss to you? The 6230 may not be the best looking phone in the world but it is a good phone with nice functions and it takes memory cards so you can expand the memory greatly.

kronas
11-11-2004, 07:58
6230 not the best looking :shocked: i think it looks sleek slender and a good nokia design!

skyblueheroes
11-11-2004, 08:01
Looks nice but then how useful is it going to be to you with such limited memory? Would the lack of video recording prove a great loss to you? The 6230 may not be the best looking phone in the world but it is a good phone with nice functions and it takes memory cards so you can expand the memory greatly.

I love my 6230 :p:

etccarmageddon
11-11-2004, 08:45
that memory limitation is a major cockup by whoever designed this phone.

bopdude
11-11-2004, 15:18
that memory limitation is a major cockup by whoever designed this phone.Or maybe thats what they've designed, a phone :shrug: and not an all dancing, whistles and bells ....... thing :p:

TigaSefi
11-11-2004, 15:22
hmm I have the Motorola V3 and I love it hehe.... I don't need video capture admittedly. I have a digital camera and video camera for all that shenagians. Each to their own.

Mal
11-11-2004, 15:26
a good nokia design!
The word Nokia should not be used in the phrase "A good design" ;) :)

dilli-theclaw
11-11-2004, 15:32
The word Nokia should not be used in the phrase "A good design" ;) :) THIS is the only phone from nokia where I wondered what they were on when they designed it....

Nemesis
11-11-2004, 15:33
The 6600 is a good un :D

etccarmageddon
11-11-2004, 16:11
THIS is the only phone from nokia where I wondered what they were on when they designed it....

I believe they were on the star ship enterprise!

kronas
11-11-2004, 17:55
THIS is the only phone from nokia where I wondered what they were on when they designed it....

i have one of those it looks cool.

The word Nokia should not be used in the phrase "A good design" ;) :)

yes it is the 6230, seen as i own one its great, stylish and a stack of features, very handy in all sorts of situations :erm:

Mal
11-11-2004, 18:03
Sorry, but I think that all Nokias are cheap and nasty looking. I suppose it stems from some of the covers that you could get for the older ones. :shrug: It also seems to be the phone of choice for the chavs ;) :D

dilli-theclaw
11-11-2004, 18:04
i have one of those it looks cool.

My missis liked the look if until
1)She realised you can't do video calls with it
2)We went down the local market and all the chavs were wearing them as medallions...

:)

kronas
11-11-2004, 18:06
Sorry, but I think that all Nokias are cheap and nasty looking. I suppose it stems from some of the covers that you could get for the older ones. :shrug: It also seems to be the phone of choice for the chavs ;) :D

:shrug: it doesent seem cheap and nasty to me :erm:

My missis liked the look if until
1)She realised you can't do video calls with it
2)We went down the local market and all the chavs were wearing them as medallions...

:)

lol, i got it for my sister, i think the design is something diffarent.

Mal
11-11-2004, 18:15
:shrug: it doesent seem cheap and nasty to me :erm:
I meant all Nokias.

Just my opinion of Nokias, that's all... :)

kronas
11-11-2004, 18:18
I meant all Nokias.

Just my opinion of Nokias, that's all... :)

yes but i have not had every nokia ;) oh well your loss :p:

KingPhoenix
11-11-2004, 19:05
Smartphone all the way! Wouldnt EVER go back to a non windows based phone!

Tezcatlipoca
11-11-2004, 20:23

Plenty of pics here:
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?paymentPlanType=pmt&nmid=phones_overview&pmid=7150&menuid=ctl_phones_details

No video recording? No memory cards?

Pah, I'll stick with my SE P900 ;) :D

Caspar
11-11-2004, 20:29
I bought the SPV C500 yesterday... :)

The link (http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/orange_spv_c500/detail)
http://shop.orange.co.uk/imagedata/phones/orange_spv_c500_lge.gif

Tricky
11-11-2004, 20:36

Plenty of pics here:

No offence m8 but it looks like a ladies phone :dozey:
Although it does reach number 2 in the Stuff Top 10 gadgets of the year (The SPV C500 made number 3 and for those that are interested number 1 goes to the IPOD)

Chimaera
11-11-2004, 20:42
OI!!!! Leave me out of this!
Not my fault if I'm too old and confused to cope with a non Nokia phone! :cry:
(Waiting for my 6230 when I upgrade ;) )

tkiely
11-11-2004, 20:54
I am over the moon with my SE P910i, especially as the company pays my bill :)

marina
11-11-2004, 21:10
No offence m8 but it looks like a ladies phone :dozey: ..........
A ladies phone........ :rolleyes:

I have a Siemens S65 http://www.screamingmiranda.com/siemens-s65.gifand i'm a la....... woman ;) But then i have about 5 phones so maybe i'm just a big girl after all :D

What can i say...... i love gadgets ;)

Just waiting till December for the SF65 http://www.screamingmiranda.com/sf65%20yes.jpg to appear and then i'll be content :D

kronas
11-11-2004, 23:04
you and your siemens marina :rolleyes: ;) :p:

bopdude
11-11-2004, 23:10
you and your siemens marina :rolleyes: ;) :p:
Now you know your gonna pay out for that at the meet kronie ;) :D

kronas
11-11-2004, 23:22
Now you know your gonna pay out for that at the meet kronie ;) :D

bring it on :batty: pay out ? in what sense ;) :erm: :D :p:

Richard M
11-11-2004, 23:27
I phoned T-Mobile today enquiring about GPRS & SMS price plans and they do one which is just £2.50 a month for 50 SMS but you have to pay for MMS and GPRS on top. :(

I want one which includes lots of GPRS (because I like to browse on the bus on the way to work :D ), SMS and MMS but 15 mins of voice calls or under.
Vodafone do something which suits me (and I should know, I works for 'em ;) ) but I'm extremely loyal to one2one/T-Mobile...what to do? :confused:

bopdude
12-11-2004, 00:12
bring it on :batty: pay out ? in what sense ;) :erm: :D :p:
Pain my man, pain ..... :p:

Richard M
09-12-2004, 15:33
I'm about to head out to buy this phone. :D
It's on Orange though because T-Mobile could only do it for £250, same with Vodafone too - Orange will do it for £99 and £50 off if I trade in my current handset! :eek:
My current phone, a Siemens MC60, is ok but it's seriously limited by the tiny screen and I do a lot of browsing.

TigaSefi
09-12-2004, 15:53
It's on Orange though because T-Mobile could only do it for £250, same with Vodafone too - Orange will do it for £99 and £50 off if I trade in my current handset! :eek:
My current phone, a Siemens MC60, is ok but it's seriously limited by the tiny screen and I do a lot of browsing.

Kewl man, and download mobile phone tools full verions off erm well u know about the donkey innit.... as the V3 comes with a crippled version and then u can hook up ur motorola v3 to the computer and use it to txt ppl ALL DAY long without anyone realising ur actually using ur fone without touching it. Great for work shenangians.

Neil
09-12-2004, 15:58

The other thing to bear in mind Rich (if they are still doing it), is that Orange have a scheme where if an existing customer recommends you, then you both get some kind of credit on your bill. :tu:

I *think* it is/was £50.00 credit on your bill, & £25 credit on your friends bill.

HTH.

TigaSefi
09-12-2004, 16:09
Let me recommend you richard. I am an existing Orange customer :)

Richard M
09-12-2004, 23:01
Sounds good to me. :D
Actually I think it's slightly more than what was quoted above, I'll get back to you on that.

Anyway, I got the phone today and I'm loving it, I can't believe how thin it is!
ATM I'm charging it from my PC USB socket but I can't get the phonebook import to work properly with Phone Tools.
Compared to my old Siemens it's light years ahead and it's got an ATI graphics chip with hardware MPEG4 decoding. :D

greencreeper
09-12-2004, 23:36
And there's me thinking a phone was something you made calls with :erm: Still, if you have a small penis you need all the help a new fangled phone can give you, I guess :)

I have a Nokia 6410

Richard M
09-12-2004, 23:36
This is pretty good actually, it's so much faster at GPRS than my old phone, plus it has a huge high resolution screen.
I can't believe I only paid £50 for this handset when Vodafone & T-Mobile were quoting me £250+ :Yikes:

EDIT: No GC I don't have any complaints in that department thanks. :D

AndrewJ
09-12-2004, 23:40
I use my mobile alot and in past 2years have took more Nokias back then anything other phone.

Best I have use is a old motorola t720i. Needs updating now... more money :dozey:

Richard M
09-12-2004, 23:55
I use my mobile alot and in past 2years have took more Nokias back then anything other phone.

The Nokia phones tend to go wrong more than others, nearly every day I take a call from someone who is on their 3rd 6230 due to software problems. :rolleyes:
The Nokia 7610 is nice (like a 6230 but that actually looks good :D) but I've been wanting the V3 for a long time and I'm the sort of person who'd rather shop around and wait until I can afford the top of the range technology, like my computer (well, it used to be until a couple of months ago :erm: )

TheBlueRaja
10-12-2004, 00:05
This is pretty good actually, it's so much faster at GPRS than my old phone, plus it has a huge high resolution screen.
I can't believe I only paid £50 for this handset when Vodafone & T-Mobile were quoting me £250+ :Yikes:

EDIT: No GC I don't have any complaints in that department thanks. :D

Rich, is that phone locked to orange? If so do you think it would be possible to unlock?

Richard M
10-12-2004, 00:16
I'm reading between the lines here but if you are thinking of buying the phone to use another SIM in it then you'd better be prepared to pay either the Orange line rental each month or 12 months in one go if you get a PAC code as soon as you join the network (it counts as a disconnection so you'd be liable for the early termination charge).
It would probably work out cheaper to buy the phone from your current service provider.
If you're looking to buy the handset only then it would cost you £500, and even that is a subsidised price. :(

bopdude
10-12-2004, 09:01
This is pretty good actually, it's so much faster at GPRS than my old phone, I find that my xda2 is faster than my old dial up connection used to be, ( sometimes ) good innit ;)

TigaSefi
10-12-2004, 09:23
Glad ur using the V3 ok, But have u downloaded the full version of Mobilephonetools ? it is recommended, pm me :p:

toots66
10-12-2004, 12:09
I phoned T-Mobile today enquiring about GPRS & SMS price plans and they do one which is just £2.50 a month for 50 SMS but you have to pay for MMS and GPRS on top.They used to do GPRS bundles. I have one which is 3MB for £5 a month, then £3/MB after that. It's called T Zones 2 and you can find details on the Carphone Warehouse site at http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/commerce/servlet/gben-server-PageServer?ARTICLE=STATIC.TMOBNETWORK.DECEMBERFOLD ER.SERVICES but not on T-Mobile's, not that I can see anyway. Note the CPW prices have a 10% discount shown for some reason.

Interestingly, because T-Mobile charge the same standard price for GPRS in the UK and roaming (in EU at least), you pay only £3/MB for roaming GPRS which is pretty cheap (for roaming). I don't know if this is official but it's how the billing computer handles it.

TheBlueRaja
10-12-2004, 12:39
I'm reading between the lines here but if you are thinking of buying the phone to use another SIM in it then you'd better be prepared to pay either the Orange line rental each month or 12 months in one go if you get a PAC code as soon as you join the network (it counts as a disconnection so you'd be liable for the early termination charge).
It would probably work out cheaper to buy the phone from your current service provider.
If you're looking to buy the handset only then it would cost you £500, and even that is a subsidised price. :(

Yeah, Orange line rental for 12 months at 15 quid a month and, a phone for 149.99 (Perhaps a 50 quid trade in too). Therefore its 15 x 12 = 180 quid plus 150 which is 320 (or 270 if i can trade in) quid - way cheaper than buying it Sim free.... I just need to know if its possible to use my Vodafone sim in there.

Unless im missing something. :confused:

gooner4life
10-12-2004, 12:50
Yeah, Orange line rental for 12 months at 15 quid a month and, a phone for 149.99 (Perhaps a 50 quid trade in too). Therefore its 15 x 12 = 180 quid plus 150 which is 320 (or 270 if i can trade in) quid - way cheaper than buying it Sim free.... I just need to know if its possible to use my Vodafone sim in there.

Take it to any indie phoneshop or market and for a fiver they will unlock it for all networks.

TigaSefi
10-12-2004, 15:44
the thing is the phone will be markedly cheaper come Feb/March to the 300 region anyways so hang on till then?

Stuart
10-12-2004, 16:26
Or maybe thats what they've designed, a phone :shrug: and not an all dancing, whistles and bells ....... thing :p:
But then why give it two colour screens, and the ability to play games?

I personally won't touch Motorolas. I have some friends who have had various Motorolas, ranging from the small flip phones to the larger handheld ones (I had a timeport t260, a monumentally crap phone).

Everyone I know who has had Motorolas has had problems with them. Usually the battery dying within 6 months. In fact, one of my sister's friends bought the T720 about 8 months ago and is on to his fourth one. The batteries and/or charger circuits have died in all of them.

I get rid of my T260 because, after 9 months of use, the battery was lasting 6 hours (with no use) off one charge,the phone was randomly turning itself on and off. Also I find the printing on the number keys rubbed off.

KingPhoenix
10-12-2004, 16:41

Plenty of pics here:
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?paymentPlanType=pmt&nmid=phones_overview&pmid=7150&menuid=ctl_phones_detailsGET an SPV or smartphone!!!! You wont regret it! Ask cas, he got a new phone the other week, im sure he is impressed with his new handset! :D

Edit : that'll teach me to read the thread before i post in it, i see you already bought it..... oh well :)

KingPhoenix
10-12-2004, 16:43

All orange phones are network locked, however there are a few proggies out there for unlocking them ;) :)

handyman
10-12-2004, 17:42
I stil think the xda2 is the best phone ever.

If you find the 128mb memory limiting just pop in a 1gig sd card like bopdude did.

Jarandco
10-12-2004, 18:06
How does the picture quality on the V3 compare with the gx30 or gx20?

Plus Richard what you doing with your gx30...

As I've got the gx20 and i want to upgrade it... although i want to use it on 02! :D

Richard M
10-12-2004, 21:04
How does the picture quality on the V3 compare with the gx30 or gx20?

Well the V3 is only VGA (640x480) and not megapixel but it still puts out nice enough pics. I have a 2 megapixel digital camera anyway, so the phone is for unplanned photos. :)
The screen is pretty big and it's a 16-bit display, the GX30 is quite good too but is slightly smaller - and the phone is bloody huge depth wise. :p:
I don't have a GX30 but I have used one before Jar.

Blueraja: If you're already on Vodafone then why don't you upgrade?
You can upgrade 10 months into your contract...

Jarandco
10-12-2004, 21:07
Well the V3 is only VGA (640x480) and not megapixel but it still puts out nice enough pics. I have a 2 megapixel digital camera anyway, so the phone is for unplanned photos. :)
The screen is pretty big and it's a 16-bit display, the GX30 is quite good too but is slightly smaller - and the phone is bloody huge depth wise. :p:
I don't have a GX30 but I have used one before Jar.

Oh right ok, no worries cheers for that, i wnana get a new phone sometime but gettin a sim free phone is very expensive, not sure if i wanna get a contract, plus the v3 is about 150 with 02 on contract! :(

mrm1
10-12-2004, 21:22
A freind of mine recently bought one of these. It was a lot larger than I expected it to be from the photos. He also had a lot of problems accessing mobile web pages, but that may have just been network (orange) problems.

punky
18-01-2005, 03:15
Good job I searched first, I was just about to start a thread on this phone.
It has been advertised on TV a lot recently. It's certainly the mutt's nuts. It is so damn thin too.

According to ZDnet and Froogle, the prices are about the same. Around $400-$500/£300-£400 without a contract & $200-$400/£150-£350 with a contract.

kronas
18-01-2005, 04:15
having had a look at one and touched it searched through its menus and a good fiddle i can say that its an 'ok' phone.

the major gripes i have with is its rather fiddly button system. it makes the thing look cheap and flimsy, the navigation for the menus is very poor.

i will stick to my 6230 which can do alot of what i want it to do.

and it does not look like its snapable too. :D

the v3 has very little memory space.

if you want to look stylish by all means waste your money on it.

Richard M
18-01-2005, 07:21
Good job I searched first, I was just about to start a thread on this phone.

There's another thread with more info here:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=19932
I've had one for just over a month and I'm still in love with it. :D

It's the best phone I've used for email and web browsing and because the screen is so big it handles PDA websites like Wired (www.wired.com/news_drop/palmpilot/) with ease, the ATI video chip rocks too, with cool transparency effects and things.
I still haven't figured out how to work a lot of the features yet though. :erm:

BTW Punky, the price will be more like £500 without a contract and £0-£200 with one. I got mine for £50 with Orange.

punky
18-01-2005, 07:58
What's it like for planning organisation... Like time management/planning and stuff?

Richard M
18-01-2005, 08:12
Never used it, but it does have an organiser/calendar thing.

SOSAGES
18-01-2005, 09:07
need to get new phones for work soon only one that seems to fit the bill so far is the SE S710A

http://gigaom.com/2005/01/12/new-definition-of-cool-sony-ericsson-s710a/

gooner4life
18-01-2005, 10:22
Samsung D500 every time its the best phone available right now.

AndrewJ
18-01-2005, 10:29
And all I want if a flip phone which says Hellomoto has a camera and works...and good models for £100? because its £200 between two of us for new phones.

Stephen
18-01-2005, 11:35
was thinking of the razr but went for the D500 as has more/better features, and boy am I glad I did. the phone is great.

Stuart
18-01-2005, 11:54
Well, it's off topic, but I got a SE P910i. a lot bulkier than the RazrV3, but a hell of a lot more powerful, and, IMO, easier to use.

SOSAGES
18-01-2005, 12:15
the razor looks nice - its all it has going for.

anyone tried the imate JAM/XDA mini ?

im still going for the s710a - or maybe the new version of the t630 if it comes with the 2meg camera.

i am a SE fan boy it seems but ive had a lot of phones and they are the only ones still working :) and they look sexy!

zoombini
18-01-2005, 12:59
Flip phones are the way to go, never mind how many bells or whistles they have, if they have an exposed screen, at some point it IS going to get smashed... Murphy said so.

Stephen
18-01-2005, 14:19
Well, it's off topic, but I got a SE P910i. a lot bulkier than the RazrV3, but a hell of a lot more powerful, and, IMO, easier to use.

I did have the P900 before upgrading to the D500. great phone but too bulky.

Stuart
18-01-2005, 14:28
I did have the P900 before upgrading to the D500. great phone but too bulky.

I personally find it useful as I used to have to carry a PDA as well as my phone (SE T68i then), so it's actually more conveniant for me..

STONEISLAND
20-01-2005, 12:17
Drool!

http://www.mobileburn.com/media/motorola/razrv3/motov3razorb.jpg

http://www.mobileburn.com/media/motorola/razrv3/v3razr_open.jpg

Anyone know somewhere i can get one on a good deal?

Ebay is NOT the place to be looking for this - more scammers than you could shake a dictionary at.

Specifications for the Motorola RAZR V3
Band Quad-band
Data GPRS
Size 14mm x 55mm x 98mm
Weight 95g
Battery Life 250 hours
6.5 hours
Main Display 2.2 inch 176 x 220 pixel 64K color TFT
Sub-Display 96x80 pixel 4k color CSTN CLI/td>
Camera VGA camera with 4x zoom
Video Video playback only
Text Messaging MMS/EMS/SMS
Email Yes
Browser WAP/xHTML
Bluetooth Yes
Infrared ?
Java Yes (MIDP v2.0) with 3D Graphics
Polyphonics 22kHz polyphonic speaker with MP3 ringer support
Radio No
Memory ?
Other EL keypad illumination panel, nickel-plated copper-alloy chemically-etched keypad

Can you get this bad boy on Orange? :confused: Been on website and looks like you carnt? :(

Neil
20-01-2005, 12:38
Can you get this bad boy on Orange? :confused: Been on website and looks like you carnt? :(

You couldn't have looked very hard then: http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/motorola_v3/detail ;)

STONEISLAND
20-01-2005, 12:51
You couldn't have looked very hard then: http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset/motorola_v3/detail ;)

Nice 1 i did look :confused:

Thanks mate

dilli-theclaw
05-04-2005, 16:29
OOOOhhhhh I'm almost excited now - my order's just been confirmed and I've got my new number.

I get my V3 tomorrow morning :)

Xaccers
05-04-2005, 17:36
Got my V3 on Voda free on boxing day, it's been working great ever since

Pros
Its a small phone
Its a big phone (flip it open and it's a managable size, with lovely big buttons and a fantastic display)
Its tough (I've dropped mine a couple of times and the aluminium body is fantastic)
It uses a USB lead to charge so as a techie these are readily available and inexpensive
ALARM! oh god the alarm is good!
Double screen is handy
Build quality
Sound quality (very clear speaker function)
Camera quality

Cons

They didn't touch the software when they moved it to this phone, so it takes a while to boot up
For charging from a computer via usb you must have the phone software installed on the computer
Playing pool is frustrating because the pockets really aren't big enough!

dilli-theclaw
07-04-2005, 13:18
Ok I finally got it (late) this morning. I am impressed.....

MMMmmm Must play for the rest of the day I think :)

Going to look in the manual to figure out how to get it to answer by opening the flip. :)

Definately much thinner than I expected - but also quite wide.

Richard M
07-04-2005, 13:22
Ok I finally got it (late) this morning. I am impressed.....

MMMmmm Must play for the rest of the day I think :)

Going to look in the manual to figure out how to get it to answer by opening the flip. :)

Go to the main menu (press the middle key with "-" on it), go to Settings then In-Call Setup.
Go to Answer Options then you want to change the 2nd option.
I personally prefer it to not answer when I open mine. :)

dilli-theclaw
07-04-2005, 13:26
Go to the main menu (press the middle key with "-" on it), go to Settings then In-Call Setup.
Go to Answer Options then you want to change the 2nd option.
I personally prefer it to not answer when I open mine. :)

Thanks for that :)

dilli-theclaw
07-04-2005, 18:35
Ok another quicky if I may :)

Does anyone know where I can get / what software to get where I can resize an mp3 file :)

I want to put a couple of ringtones on it - but they are way to big at the moment.

Richard M
07-04-2005, 19:00
You could always use .midi files, that's what I do - would rather keep the space for pics.

dilli-theclaw
07-04-2005, 19:03
You could always use .midi files, that's what I do - would rather keep the space for pics.

Good idea :)

Richard M
07-04-2005, 19:11
Plenty here to get you started:
http://www.tv-timewarp.co.uk/midi_files/ :D

dilli-theclaw
07-04-2005, 19:12
Plenty here to get you started:
http://www.tv-timewarp.co.uk/midi_files/ :D

Even better - I'd rep you again but I need to pimp it about a bit first :)

punky
07-04-2005, 19:14
Done for you mate :)

(Although as a mod, he can alter his own rep score. And you wondered why a lto of the mods are in the top 15 ;) )

dilli-theclaw
07-04-2005, 19:17
Done for you mate :)

(Although as a mod, he can alter his own rep score. And you wondered why a lto of the mods are in the top 10 ;) )

Now why did I adjust my reps while I was a mod ;):D

jellybaby
07-04-2005, 19:22
Does anyone know where I can get / what software to get where I can resize an mp3 file

I use this (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Editors-Recorders/MP3Slicer.shtml) to cut about 30 secs of an mp3 to use for ringtones....they sound fantastic on the V3 :)

dilli-theclaw
07-04-2005, 19:25
I use this (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Editors-Recorders/MP3Slicer.shtml) to cut about 30 secs of an mp3 to use for ringtones....they sound fantastic on the V3 :)

Thanks - I'll have a look now :)

dilli-theclaw
08-04-2005, 10:55
I tried my tmobile sim in it this morning and it worked..... I thought generally phones were locked to a specific netowork these days.

Bifta
08-04-2005, 11:09
I tried my tmobile sim in it this morning and it worked..... I thought generally phones were locked to a specific netowork these days.

Networks are often interchangeable, e.g. Orange and T-Mobile or Vodafone and Cellnet (as they were, I've had no luck with more recent O2 sims)

dilli-theclaw
08-04-2005, 13:46
Well the latest turn up is while I was out I tried sending a picture and everytime I try to look at a picture I've sent or recieved it resets the phone.

I can look at a picture I've saved in the photo album ok tho.

I guess I'd better get onto the phone to O2 and see what they have to say.

goldoni
08-04-2005, 14:40
Had the same sort of problem with sending a photo across to a different network, I had to phone orange for them too update the sim card believe it or not. They even had to send a code for the WAP to work.

dilli-theclaw
08-04-2005, 14:44
Had the same sort of problem with sending a photo across to a different network, I had to phone orange for them too update the sim card believe it or not. They even had to send a code for the WAP to work.

O2 told me the only way to sort it was to cancel the whole lot and reorder it :(

goldoni
08-04-2005, 15:19
I would phone O2 and see if you can talk to their tech dept and mention re my prob with Orange. It would seem, as it is not locked for one provider certain things need to be set-up by the provider, it just needs the sim card updating. Look on the bright side you may end up with three V3s as Vodafone kept sending them out without requesting the mail order company to pick-up the old ones, they just said itâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s more than my jobs worth. :D

Regarding the WAP service they had to send a sim update which when read asked for a user code I was given 3141 after this the WAP worked ok

Xaccers
08-04-2005, 15:41
With my voda V3 I had to phone up to enable the sending and recieving of MMS

Also your network operator should be able to send the WAP configuration to your phone via SMS (its the username/password/proxy type settings)

dilli-theclaw
08-04-2005, 16:07
I just tried doing a phone reset. It seems ok now.

If it does it again I'll try calling o2 again :)

Damien
08-04-2005, 16:15
How good is the phone? Is bluetooth good? Sound? SCREEN? What about the buttons and the menus?

tick
08-04-2005, 16:16
new toy broken allready.
you must be guted

dilli-theclaw
08-04-2005, 16:17
new toy broken allready.
you must be guted

I was irritating - it seems ok now tho.

tick
08-04-2005, 16:18
glad to hear that

dilli-theclaw
08-04-2005, 16:20
How good is the phone? Is bluetooth good? Sound? SCREEN? What about the buttons and the menus?

It's more a 'style' orientated phone rather than feature orientated. The only thing I've found lacking is memory space. But I got it for looks rather than that as I already have an mp3 player.

Bluetooth is very good.

The sound is nice and clear.

The screen on the inside is pretty cool. The outside screen is not brilliant in sunlight - but it's not too bad.

The keypad is nice - very nice.

Menus are pretty much the same as my missus' motorola v200

I'll be keeping it if the problem mentioned above doesn't happen again.

Damien
01-05-2005, 12:38
One more thing, I know it doesnt have video capture but is it true it can display MPEG 4 Video? (also what memory does it have) and can you access email from it? If so what email? (pop, imap. Can you use existing email)

Richard M
01-05-2005, 13:21
It plays mpeg4 video, has 8MB of memory and you can use any pop3 or imap email address with it.

Damien
01-05-2005, 13:24
Gmail then?

Damien
07-05-2005, 16:02
This phone is sweet!

Although for some reason, mpeg 4 movies i have made in QT Pro dont work. Nor does Pop3 (at least not correctly, Gmail doesnt)

Are there any good sites for downloading content?

Richard M
07-05-2005, 16:18
pop3 works fine for me. :shrug:

dilli-theclaw
07-05-2005, 16:19
I haven't even tried pop 3 email's yet - I guess I could....

Damien
07-05-2005, 17:56
pop3 works fine for me. :shrug:

Gmail?

Richard M
07-05-2005, 20:46
Various accounts...

Xaccers
10-05-2005, 10:24
Anyone worked out how to stop it playing the jingle when you power up other than setting the ringstyle to silent?
Or to stop the unread message reminder beep?

dilli-theclaw
19-05-2005, 12:55
So after having it a short(ish) while. The missus has pursuaded me to swap it out for her new phone which is a nokia 7270.

I guess I'm just a soft touch.

handyman
19-05-2005, 16:14
Well I've just been and got the black one today. Not had much use yet but looks ok. After using a XDA 2 for a year Its a downgrade but i'm keeping the XDA as a media player etc. refreshing to have a small phone again though.

dilli-theclaw
19-05-2005, 16:20
Well I've just been and got the black one today. Not had much use yet but looks ok. After using a XDA 2 for a year Its a downgrade but i'm keeping the XDA as a media player etc. refreshing to have a small phone again though.

My missus wanted a black one - but the tariff she chose didn't allow her to have the razr as a free phone.

handyman
19-05-2005, 16:59
Just went into the o2 shop in Kendal and they did a free upgrade and I'm only on the o2 200 tarrif :-) top banana

dilli-theclaw
13-01-2006, 18:08
Ok - So my 12month handset upgrade is upon me and am being sent a razr v3x.....

Anyone got any experience with this varient?

LemonyBrainAid
13-01-2006, 21:37
Noooooo! The V3x is too thick!!

Get a V3i when they are available!

dilli-theclaw
13-01-2006, 21:40
Noooooo! The V3x is too thick!!

Get a V3i when they are available!MMMmmm - I wonder if it would take a 3g sim. Anyway it was either the v3x or the LGu880 thing. And I don't plan to get another LG handset.

jellybaby
13-01-2006, 21:45
Ok - So my 12month handset upgrade is upon me and am being sent a razr v3x.....

Anyone got any experience with this varient?

I got mine about 2 weeks ago...must admit i'm very impressed :) Only disappoinment is the camera, but not had chance to use it in proper daylight yet.

Some nice little additions have been added since the first model

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

The screen i quite abit bigger too :)

moonraker
19-01-2006, 15:03
hi all, using the razrv3 and I can't access the camera setting options following the user guide.... any tips?
Also how do I delete a pic. from my phone? there doesn't seem to be an option for it.... cheers