PDA

View Full Version : I'm back...!

Graham
10-11-2004, 21:47
Ok, if you've been wondering why it's been so quiet around here, it may have been because I've been offline since last Friday!

You wouldn't think that swapping a floppy drive on a PC would cause Windoze to go majorly t!ts up, would you? Neither would I, but it did!

It screwed the registry to the extent that I couldn't even get Win 2k to load and it required the buying of a new hard drive (which 2k then reported as "damaged" and couldn't create a new partition on) and me paying another thirty quid to the computer shop to get them to check the computer out and format the HDD to NTFS before I could get things working again :mad:

Fortunately I've managed to rescue all my data (I did have backups, but it's easier to go with what's currently on the system, rather than having to backtrack) and I've spent most of last night and today rebuilding my system and re-installing everything...

:banghead:

And I missed a Friday quiz... :disturbd:

Maggy
10-11-2004, 22:01
You missed a whole lot more than that. :D

Oh and Bifta went on holiday too.

MadGamer
10-11-2004, 22:03
Ok, if you've been wondering why it's been so quiet around here, it may have been because I've been offline since last Friday!

You wouldn't think that swapping a floppy drive on a PC would cause Windoze to go majorly t!ts up, would you? Neither would I, but it did!

It screwed the registry to the extent that I couldn't even get Win 2k to load and it required the buying of a new hard drive (which 2k then reported as "damaged" and couldn't create a new partition on) and me paying another thirty quid to the computer shop to get them to check the computer out and format the HDD to NTFS before I could get things working again :mad:

Fortunately I've managed to rescue all my data (I did have backups, but it's easier to go with what's currently on the system, rather than having to backtrack) and I've spent most of last night and today rebuilding my system and re-installing everything...

:banghead:

And I missed a Friday quiz... :disturbd: Welcome back. Glad to hear that everythings working again.

Graham
11-11-2004, 00:53
You missed a whole lot more than that. :D

Oh and Bifta went on holiday too.

Yeah, but I worry about the *important* stuff...! :D

Halcyon
11-11-2004, 01:09
Welcome back !!!
Glad your PC is working again.

kronas
11-11-2004, 01:45
Yeah, but I worry about the *important* stuff...! :D

welcome back, maybe you can now further grace us with your ramblings in current affairs :p:

Paul
11-11-2004, 03:29
welcome back, maybe you can now further grace us with your ramblings in current affairs :p:Don't encourage him, it's been so peacful for the last few days ;)

kronas
11-11-2004, 03:39
Don't encourage him, it's been so peacful for the last few days ;)

sorry :erm: i know it has, tumbleweeds aplenty ;) :p:

etccarmageddon
11-11-2004, 09:30
nowt much happened - it's been one big love in.
:)

Graham
11-11-2004, 20:14
nowt much happened - it's been one big love in.
:)

It seems all the "action" was happening in other forums...! :erm: :shrug: :dozey:

TheBlueRaja
11-11-2004, 21:20
There are "other" forums :shocked: