PDA

View Full Version : Watch out you 5% ers

daxx
08-11-2004, 19:16
It is also trying to cut costs by reviewing its "disconnection and credit management practices", and is in the process of elbowing 23,800 customers during Q4 who should have been "disconnected previously...due to non-compliance with our policies"

taken from here http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/03/ntl_q3_04/

scrotnig
08-11-2004, 19:22
It is also trying to cut costs by reviewing its "disconnection and credit management practices", and is in the process of elbowing 23,800 customers during Q4 who should have been "disconnected previously...due to non-compliance with our policies"

taken from here http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/03/ntl_q3_04/
I think all this relates to is people who won't pay their damn bills....nothing more sinister than that.

JohnHorb
08-11-2004, 19:24
Not sure that 'non-compliance with our policies' equates to 'won't pay', even in NTL-speak!

scrotnig
08-11-2004, 19:26
Not sure that 'non-compliance with our policies' equates to 'won't pay', even in NTL-speak!
Last time I looked it was worded like that in the contract, something about non-payment classing as a 'material breach'.

dragon
08-11-2004, 21:41
for a mo there i thought he ment the 5%that use to much bandwith

punky
08-11-2004, 22:16
It is also trying to cut costs by reviewing its "disconnection and credit management practices", and is in the process of elbowing 23,800 customers during Q4 who should have been "disconnected previously...due to non-compliance with our policies". It's also reducing the number of days customers get to settle their accounts before it disconnects their services.

To me, it looks like they are trying to elbow cap-breakers. Whereas before they took the policy to "inform, not disconnect" customers, not it looks like they are going to boot them and have done with it. Maybe with the speed upgrades, they just can't afford the high bandwidth users.

daxx
08-11-2004, 23:05
for a mo there i thought he ment the 5%that use to much bandwith
I did

logic says that if you don't pay your bill then you get cut off and it doesnt take that long for any company with centralized control to 'flick the switch'

dragon
09-11-2004, 07:25
I did

logic says that if you don't pay your bill then you get cut off and it doesnt take that long for any company with centralized control to 'flick the switch'
ah but you are paying the bill still :P and TBH if they start capping id prob look for another isp

Ignition
09-11-2004, 11:00
Christ sake.... it's people who haven't paid their bills or have been extremely naughty with their services (fraud, etc), nothing more sinister that that, as has already been said. Calm down teletubbie! :p

*disconnects daxx for commenting on the disconnections* :D