PDA

View Full Version : No Smoking in Pizza Hut

Russ
19-08-2003, 09:38
So Pizza Hut have taken the brave step of banning smoking from all their restaurants.

Opinions?

grum1978
19-08-2003, 09:41
I think we will soon be like New York where smoking in public places is not allowed.

I can only see this as a good move

imback
19-08-2003, 09:54
Originally posted by grum1978

Apparenty not all businesses share your same views, some are concearned how it will it effect their businesses.

Personaly speaking, if I am looking to have a cup of coffee while shopping, I'll only bother if I can smoke in there, and if I can't I'll skip the coffee.

Nemesis
19-08-2003, 09:56
My local Pizza Hut has been non smoking for years.

I am a smoker.

My personal opinion is that if a restaurant has a smoking/Non smoking section then fine. If no real policy exists, or if smoking is allowed wherever, I will stand outside and smoke. I have no desire to ruin another persons meal/evening out by my habit.

My local Italian has a 'smoke if you want' policy anywhere in his small restaurant. We always step outside to smoke, he finds this strange, but appreciates the intent.

Russ
19-08-2003, 09:59
Personally I've never been able to get my head around 'no smoking' areas.

Yeah, like the smoke understands......

Jules
19-08-2003, 10:01
I think it is a great idea, I am a smoker but I too always go out side to smoke.

It is my choice to polute my lungs but I have no right to inflict it on others

Nemesis
19-08-2003, 10:07
We're going to get the 'Free Country' comments I'm sure ....

Just waiting....

Jules
19-08-2003, 10:16
I am sure we will but those smokers that insist on inflicting there smoke on other people "because it is a free country" should also realise that it is the other persons right not to have to breathe it in

Russ
19-08-2003, 10:22
A mate of mine once said "They can smoke in restaurants as long as I can go over to their table to fart!"

imback
19-08-2003, 10:43
Originally posted by Russ D
A mate of mine once said "They can smoke in restaurants as long as I can go over to their table to fart!"

It was Jasper Carrot that said that mate:)

zoombini
19-08-2003, 10:48
This can only be good.
Perhaps now I will take my family for a meal there.

As not all smokers are as considerate as those above, and the smoke gives me brathing problems I welcome this move & ask for more places to do this.

Have Mcdonalds gone all non smoking yet?

Russ
19-08-2003, 10:48
Wow, Jasper has suddenly gained a lot more hair...not to mention changed gender :D

zoombini
19-08-2003, 10:49
Maybe she was quoting from a JC show.... seems obvious.
Either that or JC nicked the quote from your friend..lol

Chris
19-08-2003, 10:57
Originally posted by imback
Apparenty not all businesses share your same views, some are concearned how it will it effect their businesses.

Personaly speaking, if I am looking to have a cup of coffee while shopping, I'll only bother if I can smoke in there, and if I can't I'll skip the coffee.

I have frequently walked on past a place I wanted to stop at for a coffee because it was too smoky. As there are more non-smokers than smokers in the UK, it's equally likely that clean air might be good for business, I would have thought.

Steve H
19-08-2003, 12:04
Yea, I hate smoke (Dont hate 'all' the smokers :D), and dont like it when im eating either.. its bad enough in other places, but when your eating :(

Nemesis
19-08-2003, 12:07
My point exactly ...

philip.j.fry
19-08-2003, 13:12
Originally posted by zoombini

Have Mcdonalds gone all non smoking yet?

AFAIK they have been for years though you may find the odd franchise one that isn't. Burger King though still tend to have smoking areas (identified by the cheap foil ashtrays :) )

I'm a smoker but I realise what a nasty habit it is so I have no problem with it being banned from public places. I'll always try not to smoke in places like resteraunts etc and never anywhere where children are around.

orangebird
19-08-2003, 13:38
Originally posted by philip.j.fry
AFAIK they have been for years though you may find the odd franchise one that isn't. Burger King though still tend to have smoking areas (identified by the cheap foil ashtrays :) )

I'm a smoker but I realise what a nasty habit it is so I have no problem with it being banned from public places. I'll always try not to smoke in places like resteraunts etc and never anywhere where children are around.

You still can in most welsh and northern irish outlests for some reason... :shrug:

Good for pizza hut. I smoke, but try to be considerate. I don't believe that smoking restrictions in places like public houses should be enforced by law though. My local has a very good regular base, which keeps it going through quiet periods of the year (post new year, pre Xmas etc...) If smoking were to be made illegal, thed'd go out of business, as at least 70% of their regulars smoke...I have to be honest and say if I couldn't have a cigarette with my drink there, I probably wouldn't patronise the place....

Jules
19-08-2003, 14:06
I agree about pubs Orange but with todays gadgets surely they can have a smoking area with extracters

orangebird
19-08-2003, 14:15
Originally posted by whyme38
I agree about pubs Orange but with todays gadgets surely they can have a smoking area with extracters

Absolutely - it's just not often can an idependant landlord afford to buy then and have them fitted.....:(

I am all for non smoking sections, and I absolutely hate smoky rooms/pubs too.

kronas
19-08-2003, 14:17
i agree with this there should be a blanket ban on it atleast in places which serve food as there primary source of income its a filthy habit and must be fazed out of these public areas if people want to kill themselves or cause major future damage to there body then they can do it in the comfort of there own home and not affect other peoples health

Ramrod
19-08-2003, 15:12
Originally posted by kronas
i agree with this there should be a blanket ban on it atleast in places which serve food as there primary source of income its a filthy habit and must be fazed out of these public areas if people want to kill themselves or cause major future damage to there body then they can do it in the comfort of there own home and not affect other peoples health I am in full agreement:)

timewarrior2001
19-08-2003, 15:25
I'm a smoker and I couldnt give a rats ass if Pizza hut banned me from smoking, mind to be light hearted its not often I can afford to pay Pizza hut prices :D

However it really does bug me when the anti smoking brigade get on their high horses and demand smoking be banned in all public places.
It makes me want to form the anti anti smoking brigade and make it illegal to whinge in public :D

Russ
19-08-2003, 15:27
Originally posted by timewarrior2001

It makes me want to form the anti anti smoking brigade and make it illegal to whinge in public :D

If that was the case, there'd be no nthellworld :D

timewarrior2001
19-08-2003, 15:29
Ok yeah I see a problem here.......hangon

It makes me want to form the anti anti smoking brigade and make it illegal to whinge about smoking in public :D

There we go :D

Russ
19-08-2003, 15:33
:confused:

You've lost me....

timewarrior2001
19-08-2003, 15:34
well we dont want to ban nthellworld do we?

Russ
19-08-2003, 15:43
well we dont want to ban nthellworld do we?

No however I think someone else does, but that's an entirely different thread.... :D

Nidge
19-08-2003, 17:28
I'm a smoker and I couldnt give a rats ass if Pizza hut banned me from smoking, mind to be light hearted its not often I can afford to pay Pizza hut prices :D

However it really does bug me when the anti smoking brigade get on their high horses and demand smoking be banned in all public places.

Give that man a drink on me, I smoke and I hate Pizzas there is so much crap in them it's a joke. I'd sooner have a fag than a Pizza. I go to Littlewoods in Mansfield for my brekky in a morning, there is a no smoking and a smoking section, if they banned smoking in there they would close within a week.

Russ
19-08-2003, 17:32
Originally posted by Nidge
Give that man a drink on me, I smoke and I hate Pizzas there is so much crap in them it's a joke.

Yes but the 'crap' in your pizza isn't affecting the health of the person in the corner who chooses not to have that same pizza...geddit?

Steve H
19-08-2003, 17:33
Originally posted by Nidge
Give that man a drink on me, I smoke and I hate Pizzas there is so much crap in them it's a joke. I'd sooner have a fag than a Pizza. I go to Littlewoods in Mansfield for my brekky in a morning, there is a no smoking and a smoking section, if they banned smoking in there they would close within a week.

Why dont they close the "non smoking area" then :shrug: :p

Ramrod
19-08-2003, 18:13
Yes but the 'crap' in your pizza isn't affecting the health of the person in the corner who chooses not to have that same pizza...geddit? Damn right!:grind:
...and don't get me started on smokers who drop their fag ends and empty packets/celophane wrapping.....like its socially acceptable littering:afire:

timewarrior2001
19-08-2003, 18:22
I dont do that, I dont even smoke in the street. I only smoke at home or in the pub.

Ramrod
19-08-2003, 18:26
I dont do that, I dont even smoke in the street. I only smoke at home or in the pub. Good!:)

paulyoung666
19-08-2003, 18:41
Originally posted by grum1978
I think we will soon be like New York where smoking in public places is not allowed.

sorry to jump in after 3 pages , but ................... i guess you are a non smoker , or an ex smoker ;)

idi banashapan
19-08-2003, 19:14

That's just sad! Sorry - smokers are weak!!! I can't truly believe anyone says they smoke because they want to. Let's face it - it's expensive, it restricts a fair amount of things you can do (like have a cup of coffee!!!), it makes you smell, it's bad for your health, it yellows your teeth and fingers, it creates loads of dust and ash and discarded cigarette but are disgusting. No-one in their right mind would do all that because they want to.

Smokers have fallen foul of the 'all my friends do it' syndrome. Do something for yourself and give up. In fact - don't even START!!!!

paulyoung666
19-08-2003, 19:40
Originally posted by Bender
That's just sad! Sorry - smokers are weak!!! I can't truly believe anyone says they smoke because they want to. Let's face it - it's expensive, it restricts a fair amount of things you can do (like have a cup of coffee!!!), it makes you smell, it's bad for your health, it yellows your teeth and fingers, it creates loads of dust and ash and discarded cigarette but are disgusting. No-one in their right mind would do all that because they want to.

Smokers have fallen foul of the 'all my friends do it' syndrome. Do something for yourself and give up. In fact - don't even START!!!!

and so that is your opinion , have you ever smoked ???????? , as i see it , i do what i want to do , why should anyone stop me , and , dont forget if i stop smoking then YOUR taxes go up because of lost revenue to the govt , why do you think the govt aint banned it ................ , because they would have to put taxes up to cover it ;)
whooooooooooops here we go again , pro/anti smoking thread on the way :smokin:

Ramrod
19-08-2003, 19:45
Originally posted by paulyoung666
and so that is your opinion , have you ever smoked ???????? , as i see it , i do what i want to do or are addicted to so much that you can't stop but won't admit it to yourself?and , dont forget if i stop smoking then YOUR taxes go up because of lost revenue to the govt , why do you think the govt aint banned it ................ , because they would have to put taxes up to cover it ;)
so what? bender wasn't talking about that. He was just talking about health/ presentability issues, which I notice you didn't reply to.....

Knowing everything about the negative effects of smoking, a person who continues to smoke is either stupid, in denial or addicted......which are you?

Russ
19-08-2003, 19:47
and so that is your opinion , have you ever smoked ???????? , as i see it , i do what i want to do , why should anyone stop me

Isn't it wonderful that people with murderous thoughts don't (usually) think that way?

Ramrod
19-08-2003, 19:50
Isn't it wonderful that people with murderous thoughts don't (usually) think that way? apart from the psychopaths:disturbd: :erm: :D

philip.j.fry
19-08-2003, 20:21
Originally posted by Bender

You're quite correct, it's so damn addictive though :(

You obviously don't take after your namesake chump :D

paulyoung666
19-08-2003, 20:23
so i am a addicted phsycopath then :rolleyes:
i was only playing devils advocate .............
nah sod it , you got me first time , mwuhahahaahhahahaah ;)

idi banashapan
19-08-2003, 21:01
Originally posted by Ramrod
bender wasn't talking about that. He was just talking about health/ presentability issues, which I notice you didn't reply to.....

Knowing everything about the negative effects of smoking, a person who continues to smoke is either stupid, in denial or addicted......which are you?

I thank you for seeing EXACTLY what I was saying!!!!!

Ramrod
19-08-2003, 21:27
Originally posted by morris
i'm a smoker and i hate people smoking when i eat so i don't mind this idea but they better not make pubs non smoking. Am I right in assuming that you are not a heavy smoker?

Ramrod
19-08-2003, 21:28
so i am a addicted phsycopath then :rolleyes:
i was only playing devils advocate .............
nah sod it , you got me first time , mwuhahahaahhahahaah ;) :D

imback
19-08-2003, 21:34
I smoke because I like to, maybe I like to because I am addicted, who knows.

If smoking were to be banned in pubs and clubs then business in your average local would drop, and whats more would the owner of the business have a choice in it? I mean could someone be forced by law to make thier pub/cafe non smoking when they don't want to?

Ramrod
19-08-2003, 21:38
I smoke because I like to, maybe I like to because I am addicted, who knows.

If smoking were to be banned in pubs and clubs then business in your average local would drop, and whats more would the owner of the business have a choice in it? I mean could someone be forced by law to make thier pub/cafe non smoking when they don't want to? I would go to pubs and restaurants if smoking was banned there. At the moment they are not getting my money.

imback
19-08-2003, 21:42
Originally posted by Ramrod
I would go to pubs and restaurants if smoking was banned there. At the moment they are not getting my money.

Yes but what I am asking is, could the law force a business owner to ake thier business non smoking, even if they didn't want to?

We should have smokers only pubs, and a non smokers one accross the road or something;) :D

Ramrod
19-08-2003, 21:53
Yes but what I am asking is, could the law force a business owner to ake thier business non smoking, even if they didn't want to?

We should have smokers only pubs, and a non smokers one accross the road or something;) :D
Bit like when the govornment brought in VAT and my parents business went down the tubes because all the prices went up overnight. Of course they can do it!

paulyoung666
19-08-2003, 21:54
wasnt there summat recently about a pub that went non smoking and was shut within a couple of months , i reckon that say summat dont you ;)
and what about new york going no smoking , how many buisnesses have died because of it , is it more or less than the number of smokers that have died or havent as the case maybe :confused:
still playing devils advocate ;)